Russ is not a quarterback

mrt144

Reaction score
mrkyle, can you come back when RWs contract is up or in extension territory for when your problems with who he is as a passer might be poignant vis a vis his future with Seattle?

Cause right now you're spending a lot of energy to no discernible end in proving that RW is not like other QBs.

misfit

Reaction score
mrkyle":jk0ratw9 said:
Everyone talked w
Shit about hasselbak that was our best qb easily

Now I know you're trolling

Jville

Reaction score
mrkyle":10yfmugj said:
Hawk_Nation":10yfmugj said:
Mrkyle, shouldn't there be a bridge you should be crawling under shortly?

#TROLLon

Yeah i get it. Was just on sport center they said same thing. Maybe trying to pull point a little bit.

It drives me crazy when there is something that is proven to work in the NFL and something that is not. Constant scrambling qb's have never been the answer in the NFL

Best Pocket Passers Ever

Brady
Manning
Marino
Brees
Rivers
Romo
Favre
Rodgers
Montana

Best Alll time scramblers

Flutie
Cunningham
Vick
Wilson
Kaepernick
Kordell Stewart
RG3
Vince Young

One group seems substantially better

Maybe your list skews your perspective. You exclude Francis Asbury "Fran" Tarkenton (the Scrambler) and Roger Thomas Staubach (Captain America).

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1qb69nat said:
seahawk12thman":1qb69nat said:
Hawk_Nation":1qb69nat said:
seahawk12thman":1qb69nat said:
Funny to hear all the Wilson defenders, many of us have said he is a bust all along. The man needs to learn how to pass from the pocket and spends his entire off-season trying to get faster??? What sense does that make?? Kaepernick is faster then he will ever be and his speed has been neutralized.

Wilson will be a backup or gone (or both) in three years. He is regressing and everybody sees this. He better soak all the advertising revenue dollars he can because his brand is about to go bankrupt.

Quoted for future laughs

How is this man going to keep his health with the beating he is taking?
So far I have been spot on with Wilson...

Your post that I quoted never mentioned anything about his health.....not once! You said he is regressing and everybody sees it.

DO I need a secret decoder pin to figure out a secret message in your post? Im sure as hell not seeing anything but a typical armchair coach rant.

I said "gone". I am sorry if remedial English is too difficult for you. Perhaps you need a backup user to post for you :th2thumbs:

mrkyle

Reaction score
Tarkenton wasnt really a runner he only averaged 15 YARDS a game of rushing for his career Staubach even less

Steve Young maybe although his later more successful years he barely ran at all. Steve young threw a bunch of 300 yard games and was a passer.

Maybe elway at 12 yards a game. But elway again was a passer that would extend a play sometimes.

mrkyle

Reaction score
nah just bored talking some football, have to work tonight

soxhawk

Reaction score
We're averaging over 22 points per game this season. With the defense we have, that should be plenty to win most, if not all, our games. Quit nitpicking.

:229031_chillpill:

rcaido

Reaction score
Just want to post LMAO thread...Gut busting quotes in a gut busting topic.

Bench Wilson -
Wilson being backup in 3 years
Nothing wrong with the o-line

Im going to start making a list of people to not take seriously, starting now...

Dont take serious list:
mrkyle, seahawk12thman

mrkyle

Reaction score
thats sucks rcaido has me on do not listen list
maybe thats because you have a picture of russ looking all pretty boy as your profile pic

Donn2390

Reaction score
Things were just fine when we were winning, not that we have stumbled a little bit, everyone in the P-nut gallery knows more than the coaches do. Actually quite funny listening to all of the ignorance being regurgitated..
Sit back and enjoy the games, you aren't equipped to run the team.. If you don't like what's happening, join the Bronco wagon...

2_0_6

Reaction score
mrkyle":138ttya0 said:
thats sucks rcaido has me on do not listen list
maybe thats because you have a picture of russ looking all pretty boy as your profile pic

you joined here 8 days ago... Welcome aboard but really? :thirishdrinkers:

erik2690

Reaction score
mrkyle":iqgkr8c0 said:
Hawk_Nation":iqgkr8c0 said:
Mrkyle, shouldn't there be a bridge you should be crawling under shortly?

#TROLLon

Yeah i get it. Was just on sport center they said same thing. Maybe trying to pull point a little bit.

It drives me crazy when there is something that is proven to work in the NFL and something that is not. Constant scrambling qb's have never been the answer in the NFL

Best Pocket Passers Ever

Brady
Manning
Marino
Brees
Rivers
Romo
Favre
Rodgers
Montana

Best Alll time scramblers

Flutie
Cunningham
Vick
Wilson
Kaepernick
Kordell Stewart
RG3
Vince Young

One group seems substantially better

But that's idiotic. There's a huge magnitude less "scramblers" to choose from. Also, RW's numbers from the pocket are not bad. I know you keep repeating he can't do that, but I don't think that is settled science at all.

Chapow

Reaction score
Largent80":2jlg1cin said:
mrkyle":2jlg1cin said:
There is nothing wrong with this oline .

In the top ten of most ignorant posts in all my 14 years here.

Seriously. It's mind boggling that anyone could possibly think that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson is not very effective as a pocket passer. He is not ineffective, but he has some tendencies and weaknesses that make his pocket passing a worse option than most of the other offensive options.

However, Wilson is tremendous at throwing on the run.

Most NFL defenses are predicated on moving the QB to limit accuracy. Even the great defenses only get a few sacks per game, but the hurries and pressures impact accuracy. Except for when Wilson has the ball, he can throw on a full run accurately to a WR.

That is a tremendous asset and almost impossible to defend, unless you as an offense choose not to use it. Yes, running cuts the field in half, (though Wilson throws well across his body on the run too), but then so does our own scheme that tries to keep the ball thrown to the sidelines and out of the middle of the field (to limit turnovers?).

But Wilson is absolutely a offensive asset when used right. It is only when we neglect his ability to run that we make him average to below average. That isn't on him, but the people using him incorrectly.

And I think Wilson is going to improve this season, even with the line issues.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
mrkyle":bcqpza7d said:
Rex grossman played a superbowl and the bears were the game
Dilfer couldnt throw a pass and won one,
Brad Johnson was the prototype for noodle arm and won one.

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre both only won one and have all the NFL records. Difference is manning and favre kept the teams in contention every year. Even if there teams were not that great. Wilson needs an all star team, and hope the other teams defense is beat up to succed.

How hasn't Wilson kept the Seahawks in contention? They've made the playoffs each year so far ( 3 years) he's been the starting QB with 2 recent SB appearances plus one SB win. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your definition of being "in contention every year". This season isn't over yet, still 10 games at the minimum left to play.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I gotta disagree pretty strongly here. I've watched Wilson twice in STL and he's the main reasons SEA kept it close. His mobility and pocket presence is sensational. His problem is he has very little time to find an open guy, Lynch is dinged up, and the defense is struggling to hold down leads in the fourth quarter. If the D only gives up one fourth quarter lead out of the four (like the expectations say they should, Seahawks are a solid 5-1 and sitting alone in the NFCW. Wilson is not the problem here.

Now his contract is another story. He certainly struck while the iron was hot. Well played by him and his agent.