Russ is not a quarterback

Chapow

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2lipsfsf said:
mrkyle":2lipsfsf said:
Rex grossman played a superbowl and the bears were the game
Dilfer couldnt throw a pass and won one,
Brad Johnson was the prototype for noodle arm and won one.

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre both only won one and have all the NFL records. Difference is manning and favre kept the teams in contention every year. Even if there teams were not that great. Wilson needs an all star team, and hope the other teams defense is beat up to succed.

How hasn't Wilson kept the Seahawks in contention? They've made the playoffs each year so far ( 3 years) he's been the starting QB with 2 recent SB appearances plus one SB win. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your definition of being "in contention every year". This season isn't over yet, still 10 games at the minimum left to play.

I'm guessing he didn't think that one through. :lol:

Oh wait, no, that's not it. It wasn't Wilson that had the Seahawks in contention, it was the defense. The defense dragged Wilson to the playoffs/Super Bowl every season kicking and screaming. After all, Wilson is a bust (even though he was a 3rd round draft pick) and has been ever since he was drafted. :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":jr57y6fm said:
mrkyle":jr57y6fm said:
There is nothing wrong with this oline.

I hate to pick on you some more but you are flat out wrong. Again. Seahawks Offensive Line in terms of pass protection is ranked dead last. Yes, dead last.
Right along with mrkyle's opinion...Dead Last.
Where the hell does he come up with all t his goofy shit POSTS?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":3cjs89m4 said:
Crizilla":3cjs89m4 said:
mrkyle":3cjs89m4 said:
There is nothing wrong with this oline.

I hate to pick on you some more but you are flat out wrong. Again. Seahawks Offensive Line in terms of pass protection is ranked dead last. Yes, dead last.

Do you factor this in at all as to why Wilson seemingly misses tight throws that would require perfection (and some precognitive ability) to work? No? Why not?
Because he probably doesn't ask himself stupid questions like that, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2lk98h7l said:
Funny to hear all the Wilson defenders, many of us have said he is a bust all along. The man needs to learn how to pass from the pocket and spends his entire off-season trying to get faster??? What sense does that make?? Kaepernick is faster then he will ever be and his speed has been neutralized.

Wilson will be a backup or gone (or both) in three years. He is regressing and everybody sees this. He better soak all the advertising revenue dollars he can because his brand is about to go bankrupt.
It's even funnier to hear all the idiot OPINIONS being leveled against Russell Wilson, ESPECIALLY when his stats #'s are right up there with the top ten QB's eh?
Look em up, then apologize for posting silly crap.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Donn2390":105s7koo said:
Things were just fine when we were winning,..

The real intellectually challenged individuals pretty much stayed away when the 'Hawks were winning.

Laloosh

Reaction score
This thread is the Afghanistan of .NET. Nothing good can come of it.

mrkyle

Reaction score
If you guys believe wilson is a qb that will lead you to 10 or 11 wins every year, even if the defense is not spectacular than i guess I will stop.

I believe wilson is and always will be a game manager that can make some plays, but you cannot rely on him to pull thru.

I believe wilson will be part of more 5 and 6 win seasons. In a league where good qb's throw for more than 4500 yards. And 28 td's I don't think wilson will ever be able to get there.

He also isn't a spectacular rusher like Vick. He is a speedy guy, but not like VIck was in his prime right before dog gate.

I thought that right when he was drafted. When everyone was going wilson, tjack, and flynn, I was saying next please.

We got a superbowl out of him, and almost won another. But to me it seem the league has figured him out.

Wilson will never be that terrible inept guy.. He simply will be the guy that isnt good enough, for that elite level.

Does everyone on here disagree with me on this assessment?

chris98251

Reaction score
mrkyle":2hehbfa5 said:
If you guys believe wilson is a qb that will lead you to 10 or 11 wins every year, even if the defense is not spectacular than i guess I will stop.

I believe wilson is and always will be a game manager that can make some plays, but you cannot rely on him to pull thru.

I believe wilson will be part of more 5 and 6 win seasons. In a league where good qb's throw for more than 4500 yards. And 28 td's I don't think wilson will ever be able to get there.

He also isn't a spectacular rusher like Vick. He is a speedy guy, but not like VIck was in his prime right before dog gate.

I thought that right when he was drafted. When everyone was going wilson, tjack, and flynn, I was saying next please.

We got a superbowl out of him, and almost won another. But to me it seem the league has figured him out.

Wilson will never be that terrible inept guy.. He simply will be the guy that isnt good enough, for that elite level.

Completely, Montana was a game manager who had very good defenses, very good running backs, very good receivers, and a good line, he also had Holmgren, Walsh, in his corner on offense.

Now what part of this resemblance is missing?

Laloosh

Reaction score
mrkyle":1x1tk48y said:

*then

*Wilson

*QBs

*TDs

*through

*seems

Oh screw it, Roland can you take over? This one is too much work.

mrkyle

Reaction score
Dont know much about Joe Montana, I am 32 and he was a little before me. I know it is pretty well know in niners history that Steve young was a much more athletic and prolific guy as a qb, but montana had the leadership and aura.

I really don't care about punctuation I am on smart phone don't care what it looks like.

You can't compare old NFL with now, the rules are different, you have to be able to throw it to win games now. It is so hard to build a complete nasty team to win. It is much easier over time to have a guy that can sling it and win you the games.

Just to many injuries, to many free agent signings, and the salary cap make it impossible to have a complete nasty team every year,

There are plenty of qb's in the NFL that have evolved from game manager to a real qb in the nfl. WIlson has to get there, I am not sure if he has the tools, or the physical size to be that guy.

Brady was basically a game mananger his first 3 years in the NFL although he had better yardage and touchdowns than wilson.

Roethisberger was the definition of game manger, and he evolved in a gun slinger.

mrt144

Reaction score
If that could be your singular cogent thought on the matter you'd probably be getting a lot less flack right now.

I agree in parts but we are year 4 in RW as QB on a team that is building is putting UDFA resources into starting OL as Plan A and have no receiving talent with more than 6 years in the NFL, and nothing but homegrown WR talent. There is nothing to compare this Seahawks team to because of how PC/JS are building this team on offense. It's weird!

chris98251

Reaction score
mrkyle":pqeo6g8g said:
Dont know much about Joe Montana, I am 32 and he was a little before me. I know it is pretty well know in niners history that Steve young was a much more athletic and prolific guy as a qb, but montana had the leadership and aura.

I really don't care about punctuation I am on smart phone don't care what it looks like.

You can't compare old NFL with now, the rules are different, you have to be able to throw it to win games now. It is so hard to build a complete nasty team to win. It is much easier over time to have a guy that can sling it and win you the games.

Just to many injuries, to many free agent signings, and the salary cap make it impossible to have a complete nasty team every year,

There are plenty of qb's in the NFL that have evolved from game manager to a real qb in the nfl. WIlson has to get there, I am not sure if he has the tools, or the physical size to be that guy.

Brady was basically a game mananger his first 3 years in the NFL although he had better yardage and touchdowns than wilson.

Roethisberger was the definition of game manger, and he evolved in a gun slinger.

News Flash to those that don't see it, Pete is Old school with a new delivery, defense wins championships, control the clock, run the ball. Remember everyone saying that running backs are a obsolete aspect of the game? Look around the league now, teams are looking for a RB that can get years and punish defenders. That's because of Pete bring back old school mentality. The rules are more about protecting players, also why he teaches fundamentals again about tackling.

CalboHawk

Reaction score
So much of what makes an effective QB happens pre-snap and I think this is the area where RW is struggling the most.

It is amazing to watch Brady and Rodgers manipulate the defense pre-snap to figure out where the defenses coverage weakness is going to be and where the pass rush pressure is going to come from. Once they drop back they might take a quick peek to confirm their pre-snap read but if they read it right they can evade the pressure with a minimum amount of movement and get the ball out on time.

Obviously no QB is 100% right and they still need to deliver a good ball, but it would really be interesting to see the percentage of times Brady or Rodgers got the pre-snap read right as compared to RW. It seems to me that this would be a better measure of RW's progress as an NFL QB. Sack rate, pass completion rate and other similar metrics measure an outcome that has too many variables that have nothing to do with the QB.

Lastly, most every player in the NFL is big or strong or fast or has an extreme desire to succeed or a combination of any of those attributes, however, the QB is in a unique position to outsmart an entire defense and all of the coaching staff every down. Sustained success in this part of the game would probably be the ultimate confidence builder for a young QB. Hopefully RW can master this part of the game within the game.

mrt144

Reaction score
Brady has 3 times the career length of wilson, Rodgers over twice. Both served as backups before starting, both have had their team built around them. The situational differences alone should disabuse you of where Wilson should be at.

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":11cjj38o said:
Funny to hear all the Wilson defenders, many of us have said he is a bust all along. The man needs to learn how to pass from the pocket and spends his entire off-season trying to get faster??? What sense does that make?? Kaepernick is faster then he will ever be and his speed has been neutralized.

Wilson will be a backup or gone (or both) in three years. He is regressing and everybody sees this. He better soak all the advertising revenue dollars he can because his brand is about to go bankrupt.

Holy crap, you're embarrassing. This whole thread is embarrassing and I wish the mods would just light it on fire and make it go away.

Rob12

Reaction score
mrkyle":ob60ren3 said:
Hawk_Nation":ob60ren3 said:
Mrkyle, shouldn't there be a bridge you should be crawling under shortly?

#TROLLon

Yeah i get it. Was just on sport center they said same thing. Maybe trying to pull point a little bit.

It drives me crazy when there is something that is proven to work in the NFL and something that is not. Constant scrambling qb's have never been the answer in the NFL

Best Pocket Passers Ever

Brady
Manning
Marino
Brees
Rivers
Romo
Favre
Rodgers
Montana

Best Alll time scramblers

Flutie
Cunningham
Vick
Wilson
Kaepernick
Kordell Stewart
RG3
Vince Young

One group seems substantially better

What does Russ have that no others in your list of "scrambling" QB's have?

You're embarrassing.

Rob12

Reaction score
mrkyle":6a6mdn94 said:

Good grief, dude. Just stop. Please, please, please, just stop it right now.

B70PW73IIAEtrsX

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrkyle":lfgsd775 said:

Raising my hand -> I do.
Your assessment is so full of holes, that it amazes me you can't see it.
You'll undoubtedly pick up some who will agree with you, but it's the same kind of stuff you pick up when you step in dog doo.

TheTruthHurts

Reaction score
mrkyle":2xtgu597 said:
TwistedHusky":2xtgu597 said:
Except....

When Wilson is in a 2 min drill he marches down the field with seeming impunity. If he was really this incompetent, would that not be the time that his inability would be the most glaring? Why the opposite?

Isn't it interesting that the less contact Russ as with Bevell, the more effective he is?

And by the way, Elway did just fine as a scrambling QB "playmaker" and so did Steve Young. Now Wilson is no Young but you cannot tell me he cannot do the Elway thing if he wants?

Steve young was more like rodgers. And later years like the superbowl year he was pretty much a pocket qb. Plus the nfl is different now. QB's have to be better now than then. Wilson woulda been an all-pro back then

Really?
You actually believe Russell Wilson is a better Quarterback then John Elway and Steve Young? So you think today's brand of NFL football is tougher on QB's or as tough then it was back in the day when you could take a QB's head off even after he threw the ball without a flag being thrown on most occasions?

Im not sure how old you are but it seems to me anyways that you have no clue of the type of game that was played 20- 25 years ago.

QB's are pampered in today's game. Flags everywhere trying to protect these guys. Its gotten so bad I wait after every play for a flag to be thrown.

Compared to "Old School" today's game is almost unbearable to watch.

Im one of those guys who believes Tom Brady would have been just a good QB had he played 20 years ago and never would have put up the numbers he is putting up in today's football. Just my opinion.