Russ is not a quarterback

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
nonsense... utter nonsense.. It's crazy how accusations are made without looking at stats. Stats are not the end all but a person can't say "Wilson isn't a good pocket passer" when the stats show otherwise. Can he improve? Absolutely. Will he improve? IDK but I believe he will.

AVL

Reaction score
How this crap grows legs around here is amazing.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Full Definition of QUARTERBACK

: an offensive back in football who usually lines up behind the center, calls the signals, and directs the offensive play of the team

mrkyle

Reaction score
I joined a few year ago never posted and couldnt remember login and also have no email.last. year so had to create new account.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rob12":80mazqiu said:
mrkyle":80mazqiu said:
If you guys believe wilson is a qb that will lead you to 10 or 11 wins every year, even if the defense is not spectacular than i guess I will stop.

I believe wilson is and always will be a game manager that can make some plays, but you cannot rely on him to pull thru.

I believe wilson will be part of more 5 and 6 win seasons. In a league where good qb's throw for more than 4500 yards. And 28 td's I don't think wilson will ever be able to get there.

He also isn't a spectacular rusher like Vick. He is a speedy guy, but not like VIck was in his prime right before dog gate.

I thought that right when he was drafted. When everyone was going wilson, tjack, and flynn, I was saying next please.

We got a superbowl out of him, and almost won another. But to me it seem the league has figured him out.

Wilson will never be that terrible inept guy.. He simply will be the guy that isnt good enough, for that elite level.

Does everyone on here disagree with me on this assessment?

Good grief, dude. Just stop. Please, please, please, just stop it right now.

B70PW73IIAEtrsX

Ya and Brady just like Rodgers didnt even play his rookie year so his 3rd year starting was 4th year in the nfl..it makes a difference

Also Brady never had more than a 93 QB rating until the year they went undefeated and he had Randy Moss to chuck it up to for 20 TDs

Also add to the above graphic Wilson has 2128 rushing yards and 11 rushing TDs and it blows Brady out of the water

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TheTruthHurts":1fwlw0o5 said:
mrkyle":1fwlw0o5 said:
TwistedHusky":1fwlw0o5 said:
Except....

When Wilson is in a 2 min drill he marches down the field with seeming impunity. If he was really this incompetent, would that not be the time that his inability would be the most glaring? Why the opposite?

Isn't it interesting that the less contact Russ as with Bevell, the more effective he is?

And by the way, Elway did just fine as a scrambling QB "playmaker" and so did Steve Young. Now Wilson is no Young but you cannot tell me he cannot do the Elway thing if he wants?

Steve young was more like rodgers. And later years like the superbowl year he was pretty much a pocket qb. Plus the nfl is different now. QB's have to be better now than then. Wilson woulda been an all-pro back then

Really?
You actually believe Russell Wilson is a better Quarterback then John Elway and Steve Young? So you think today's brand of NFL football is tougher on QB's or as tough then it was back in the day when you could take a QB's head off even after he threw the ball without a flag being thrown on most occasions?

Im not sure how old you are but it seems to me anyways that you have no clue of the type of game that was played 20- 25 years ago.

QB's are pampered in today's game. Flags everywhere trying to protect these guys. Its gotten so bad I wait after every play for a flag to be thrown.

Compared to "Old School" today's game is almost unbearable to watch.

Im one of those guys who believes Tom Brady would have been just a good QB had he played 20 years ago and never would have put up the numbers he is putting up in today's football. Just my opinion.

This the same Elway who in his first 4 years in the league had 66 TDs and 65 INTs with lower than a 80 QB rating each of those years...ya IDK how Wilson can ever be as good as Elway :roll:

Elway only threw more than 20 TDs once in his first 10 years in the league

Oh and Also is this the same Young who had 34 TD and 27 INT in his first 6 years in the league

Wilson earlier in his Career blows both of those guys out of the water

mrt144

Reaction score
Both franchises were committed to building around them none the less and they absolutely flourished.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
mrt144":2v4h6n2q said:
Brady has 3 times the career length of wilson, Rodgers over twice. Both served as backups before starting, both have had their team built around them. The situational differences alone should disabuse you of where Wilson should be at.

Shall we also add to this that both Brady and Rodgers were in their first season as the starter at the point in their career where Wilson is now?

TheTruthHurts

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2pip73ba said:
TheTruthHurts":2pip73ba said:
mrkyle":2pip73ba said:
TwistedHusky":2pip73ba said:
Except....

When Wilson is in a 2 min drill he marches down the field with seeming impunity. If he was really this incompetent, would that not be the time that his inability would be the most glaring? Why the opposite?

Isn't it interesting that the less contact Russ as with Bevell, the more effective he is?

And by the way, Elway did just fine as a scrambling QB "playmaker" and so did Steve Young. Now Wilson is no Young but you cannot tell me he cannot do the Elway thing if he wants?

Steve young was more like rodgers. And later years like the superbowl year he was pretty much a pocket qb. Plus the nfl is different now. QB's have to be better now than then. Wilson woulda been an all-pro back then

Really?
You actually believe Russell Wilson is a better Quarterback then John Elway and Steve Young? So you think today's brand of NFL football is tougher on QB's or as tough then it was back in the day when you could take a QB's head off even after he threw the ball without a flag being thrown on most occasions?

Im not sure how old you are but it seems to me anyways that you have no clue of the type of game that was played 20- 25 years ago.

QB's are pampered in today's game. Flags everywhere trying to protect these guys. Its gotten so bad I wait after every play for a flag to be thrown.

Compared to "Old School" today's game is almost unbearable to watch.

Im one of those guys who believes Tom Brady would have been just a good QB had he played 20 years ago and never would have put up the numbers he is putting up in today's football. Just my opinion.

This the same Elway who in his first 4 years in the league had 66 TDs and 65 INTs with lower than a 80 QB rating each of those years...ya IDK how Wilson can ever be as good as Elway :roll:

Elway only threw more than 20 TDs once in his first 10 years in the league

Oh and Also is this the same Young who had 34 TD and 27 INT in his first 6 years in the league

Wilson earlier in his Career blows both of those guys out of the water

Yeah Wilson is blowing Montana away also. Lets crown him the greatest of all times.
You seem to pick and choose the TD to INT stat only. So yeah I guess Wilson is one of the greatest of all times.
How about your opinion on weather or not QB's are pampered in today's game?
Im not sure Wilson and many others would put up the same numbers had they played in Montana and Elway day.

mrt144

Reaction score
Probably but since you can't validate that hypothesis one way or another thanks to linear time and access to only this universe...why make a point about it?

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I usually see both sides of an argument but to hate Russell Wilson for the issues this year? Really? I think adjustments need to made on both sides of the ball but I wouldn't bench Wilson any more than I would bench Lynch, Sherman, or Graham. Climb off the ledge, Pete and Co. will right the ship...everything is going to be okay

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":9xjw4y8x said:
Funny to hear all the Wilson defenders, many of us have said he is a bust all along. The man needs to learn how to pass from the pocket and spends his entire off-season trying to get faster??? What sense does that make?? Kaepernick is faster then he will ever be and his speed has been neutralized.

Wilson will be a backup or gone (or both) in three years. He is regressing and everybody sees this. He better soak all the advertising revenue dollars he can because his brand is about to go bankrupt.

I know, right? All these homers are nuts. How could anyone look at his stats and results and not come to the conclusion that this 3rd round pick has been a bust along?

Silly Wilson defenders. The proof is right in front of your face! He is about to go bankrupt! There is nothing wrong with the O line!

WilsonMVP":9xjw4y8x said:
Rob12":9xjw4y8x said:

Ya and Brady just like Rodgers didnt even play his rookie year so his 3rd year starting was 4th year in the nfl..it makes a difference

Also Brady never had more than a 93 QB rating until the year they went undefeated and he had Randy Moss to chuck it up to for 20 TDs

Also add to the above graphic Wilson has 2128 rushing yards and 11 rushing TDs and it blows Brady out of the water

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2yq5y21a said:
There is nothing wrong with the O-Line??? :34853_doh:

Yep. Although in fairness, it was mrkyle that said that, not seahawk12thman.

From near the top of page 2

mrkyle":2yq5y21a said:
There is nothing wrong with this oline. Teams are blitzing the hell out of us. Because they no we have a qb thay cant get the ball out of his hands.

You say top level qb dont. Always win superbowls. True but they are always in contention.

Wilson needs a spectacular defense that stops the other team every time. He also needs beast moden to run over everyone all the time.

Buffalo put up 34 on new england. Guess what brady put up 40 points to beat them.

Here we would blame the defense or anyone else than the qb.

Wilson got a super star contract he plays like a game manger Where is his ability to gun down a victory.

Also, top level QBs are always in contention (not true) and this somehow supports his argument that Wilson isn't very good even though the Seahawks have been in contention every year he has been a starter. That's some solid logic right there.

I do agree with one thing though. If Wilson and our offense put up 34 points and we still lost, damn right I'm going to put the majority of the blame on the defense and rightfully so IMO.

TheTruthHurts

Reaction score
mrt144":1udr2c5v said:
Probably but since you can't validate that hypothesis one way or another thanks to linear time and access to only this universe...why make a point about it?

Well I only posted what I know to be true and factual because a Seahawks fan who started this thread seems to be very confused.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1rpgur1c said:
It's even funnier to hear all the idiot OPINIONS being leveled against Russell Wilson, ESPECIALLY when his stats #'s are right up there with the top ten QB's eh?
Look em up, then apologize for posting silly crap.

Every Luck detractor in this forum has said that its about wins not stats. Now when we aren't winning RW is a good QB because he has good stats. Get it straight

mrkyle

Reaction score
Wilson getting a break because of the defense.

The defense made this team, and wilson got credit for, now the defense, is not spectaculalr, and they get credit for it.

No one mentions you got a 20 million dollar qb that cant put his team on the back, like he should be able to do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrkyle":3vw8q1d1 said:
No one mentions you got a 20 million dollar qb that cant put his team on the back, like he should be able to do it.

Didn't Russell before this year have the most 4th quarter comebacks since he came into the league?

Dude's been clutch as hell, so not sure where you're coming from with this statement.

IMO he hasn't changed, the bafoons in front of him have.

Chapow

Reaction score
mrkyle":390vaoqm said:
Wilson getting a break because of the defense.

The defense made this team, and wilson got credit for, now the defense, is not spectaculalr, and they get credit for it.

The defense has gotten a shit ton of credit for this teams success and for being the best defense in the league for 3 straight years.

Wilson has also gotten a ton of credit for his part in this teams success. So has Lynch, So has Pete Carroll, etc.

Again, since you keep ignoring it

WilsonMVP":390vaoqm said:
Rob12":390vaoqm said:

Wilson absolutely deserves the credit he has gotten, in fact, he earned it.

erik2690

Reaction score
Maybe this is semantics, but for this year at least he certainly doesn't make 20 mil. He's still relatively cheap in the "right now". Obviously that goes up and they have committed big money so like I said maybe semantics, but this team, this cap is not a large chunk taken up by RW's money. I believe Percy's dead money cap is as big as RW's cap hit for this year. Comes off the books as RW's salary goes up.