Russ is not a quarterback

mrkyle

Reaction score
Its always funny when you have guys that go against the grain. You have the qb's that have been around for awhile and do good every year. They play a certain style, and everyone thinks you should change it.

Guess what getting the ball out of your hands in a hurry to the hot route, is good football. Sandlot style qb's over there years havent fended or lasted good. They start out good but fizzle out big.
If wilson wants to play in this league, he needs to make this transistion. RG3 got demoted to third string for playing like wilson. He just didnt have as good as team to suck at.

I say sit him down tell him time to make pocket throws out of pocket. Quit playing football like a 9 year old playing a mean game of tag. If he can sit there and make pocket throws, and little scramble, then he can play, If not time to move on. He just got a massive contract, and he is playing like a bottom 10 qb.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrkyle":1t1tbotr said:
Its always funny when you have guys that go against the grain. You have the qb's that have been around for awhile and do good every year. They play a certain style, and everyone thinks you should change it.

Guess what getting the ball out of your hands in a hurry to the hot route, is good football. Sandlot style qb's over there years havent fended or lasted good. They start out good but fizzle out big.
If wilson wants to play in this league, he needs to make this transistion. RG3 got demoted to third string for playing like wilson. He just didnt have as good as team to suck at.

I say sit him down tell him time to make pocket throws out of pocket. Quit playing football like a 9 year old playing a mean game of tag. If he can sit there and make pocket throws, and little scramble, then he can play, If not time to move on. He just got a massive contract, and he is playing like a bottom 10 qb.
RGIII demoted because he played like Wilson? :roll:
Hell man, I had no idea that RGIII's QB rating was that high :roll:
Funny how almost ALL those outstanding QB's that you're touting ,and "That Have Been Around For Awhile" , aren't hoisting more Lombardi's, eh?
Russell Wilson has one ,and would have had two ,if the Defense hadn't let "Deflate" Brady eat up the lead that the Seahawks had accumulated.

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
mrkyle":3delpk5r said:

You sir have gone full blown frutada.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Irish put it best, maybe Bevell could take his head out and actually CREATE AN OFFENSE THAT MATCHES WHAT RUSS IS GOOD AT. Gee, imagine that....

Stop trying to make him a damn pocket passer and let him run around and create. News flash Mr. Bevell, this O line sucks at pass blocking. :pukeface:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":1mooffht said:
Maybe our offensive coordinator should start thinking outside the box on how to get our "playmaker" in better position to make plays. If he can't stand in the pocket and make throws don't make him stand in the pocket.

Succinct and unfortunately correct, solid post!

Sadly Bevell doesn't have the ability to think out of the box. Pete is loyal, but by now should be asking a lot of tough questions. The play designs are almost all dependent upon 10 yards of protection but only 5 yards is actually provided. After 6 games you'd think an OC with talent would have figured that out.

Wilson is being hit an awful lot this season, questioning his talent however is laughable, I doubt the team would have got to XVIII without him. We all need to focus on the problem and the problem isn't Wilson. Check his QB rating check his sack totals, Wilson is almost the only reason why there is any O as nothing much comes from plays designed by Bevell. I'm surprised he hasn't been hurt yet b/c the OLine is not protecting him or effectively run blocking.

The D is not playing well late in games this year and during stretches last year. Surrendering leads is becoming commonplace and certain plays are seeming incapable of being defended by this team. There is plenty of blame to share around

BlackMike

Reaction score
I'm really surprised to see Seahawk fans saying something this repugnant. How is he NOT a QB when you almost won 2 superbowls with him?

If you did this without a quarterback... there are tons of other teams that will trade you your playmaker for their below average quarterback.

I'm a Panther fan and this narrative is getting old. They only identify certain QB's as "pocket passers" and certain other QB's as "playmakers," or "mobile quarterbacks"

Russ is a good Quarterback. He makes very few mistakes. Nobody throws the ball better than him on the run.

Do you know what Seattle's problem is....

They're GOOD. In this league... when you're good for more than 2 seasons, people get offered more money, more jobs....
That breaks up your team chemistry. Your defense is still grasping new schemes and new assignments. Jimmy Graham and Russel Wilson are still developing a chemistry. That takes time.

Stop panicking. Stop freaking out. Our season is started off similiarly last year. Your division is VERY winnable.

mrkyle

Reaction score
Trent dilfer and brad johnson won superbowls

Quit giving wilson credit for almost winning
He threw a pick in the endzone and lost. This team is more like bears or tampa bay teams. They got to superbowl on defense and running game.

Everyone talked w
Shit about hasselbak that was our best qb easily

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrkyle":3r26qt6r said:
Shit about hasselbak that was our best qb easily

lol of the day.

Russ is a QB, not a traditional tall stand in the pocket and throw it 40 times a game QB, but he is a QB.

Is he playing well this year? Idk, I'd give him a B-, but he is one of MANY players and coaches to blame. That's thing with team sports, lots of blame to go around.

I love Russell and what he brings to our team, but he needs to continue to progress as a player..........and most importantly get back on the clutch train. Because right now, he's anything but clutch.

seahawks08

Reaction score
It's about coaching and game planning to win. You have the pieces in place, you just need to have a better game plan given the way we are not executing. You always play to your strengths. There is no team in football where you can win if the defense is always on the field, fix that by making long offensive drives. Make use of opportunities, we don't have to feed Graham, game plan to balance the run and the pass, don't get into long passing situations, try long passing in short passing situations. Coaching, coaching coaching. Preparation...

King Dog

Reaction score
mrkyle":2vkzy3yb said:
I said this on another thread. Its time to Bench WIlson. Bring in TJ see how it goes. Thats what the other guy is for. Either injury or spark. This team needs one.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

firebee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":33w0r8qa said:
Except....

When Wilson is in a 2 min drill he marches down the field with seeming impunity. If he was really this incompetent, would that not be the time that his inability would be the most glaring? Why the opposite?

Isn't it interesting that the less contact Russ has with Bevell, the more effective he is?

And by the way, Elway did just fine as a scrambling QB "playmaker" and so did Steve Young. Now Wilson is no Young but you cannot tell me he cannot do the Elway thing if he wants?

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner

I've noticed the same thing. When a QB can march down the field on the 2 minuted drill when they're calling the shots and make play after play, but can't get the offense going when the OC is calling in the plays. That pretty much says your OC is a big pile of steaming crap.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Pocket?, what pocket? I don't think this OL knows how to do that, maybe Cable should start yelling & hitting again?

Maybe the term "pocket" needs to be better defined, IMO there haven't been very many clean "pockets" in any of their games, at least one defender is always busting in there making RW move and scramble.

If the OL is the bottom line problem, doesn't that mean their coach should get it fixed? How many games have to be lost before the OL problems are addressed? The OC & DC coaches should also be looked at and changes made, based on their current performance.

mrkyle

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with this oline. Teams are blitzing the hell out of us. Because they no we have a qb thay cant get the ball out of his hands.

You say top level qb dont. Always win superbowls. True but they are always in contention.

Wilson needs a spectacular defense that stops the other team every time. He also needs beast moden to run over everyone all the time.

Buffalo put up 34 on new england. Guess what brady put up 40 points to beat them.

Here we would blame the defense or anyone else than the qb.

Wilson got a super star contract he plays like a game manger Where is his ability to gun down a victory.

Crizilla

Reaction score
mrkyle":26pshd2b said:
There is nothing wrong with this oline.

I hate to pick on you some more but you are flat out wrong. Again. Seahawks Offensive Line in terms of pass protection is ranked dead last. Yes, dead last.

mrt144

Reaction score
Crizilla":ubzqymee said:
mrkyle":ubzqymee said:

I hate to pick on you some more but you are flat out wrong. Again. Seahawks Offensive Line in terms of pass protection is ranked dead last. Yes, dead last.

Do you factor this in at all as to why Wilson seemingly misses tight throws that would require perfection (and some precognitive ability) to work? No? Why not?

mrkyle

Reaction score
who cares about there rank. Its ranked last BECAUSE of wilson

Its david carr syndrome. You have a sackmaster qb that doesnt get the ball out. That holds it like crazy. If he got the ball out the o line would look much better. Beating seattle is easy these days. Blitz like crazy and watch your mega star crumble

Crizilla

Reaction score
mrt144":ddx4rjbu said:
Crizilla":ddx4rjbu said:
mrkyle":ddx4rjbu said:

Do you factor this in at all as to why Wilson seemingly misses tight throws that would require perfection (and some precognitive ability) to work? No? Why not?

I'm simply saying you're wrong when you say there's nothing wrong with the o-line. NE is 22nd ranked pass protection. Brady is doing just fine. Whether or not Wilson is an elite pocket passer is a complete different subject. What separates the elite from the good is the ability to read defenses and make things happen during a blitz. Russ can do that with his scrambling. He can extend plays and find the receiver. He can run it. But when he's in the pocket he's not as effective. It's just facts.

Crizilla

Reaction score
mrkyle":zqjw6jwe said:
who cares about there rank. Its ranked last BECAUSE of wilson

Its david carr syndrome. You have a sackmaster qb that doesnt get the ball out. That holds it like crazy. If he got the ball out the o line would look much better. Beating seattle is easy these days. Blitz like crazy and watch your mega star crumble

It's not all of Wilson's fault. The ranking does matter when you're dead last. I have seen some wtf moments from the o-line this year.