Report: Seahawks suspect Wilson wants to play for other team

John63

Reaction score
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_seahawks

"Heaps’ tweet stated that Wilson’s agent, Mark Rodgers, and Seahawks general manager John Schneider, “have been meeting for several hours the past couple days” and, “hopefully there’ll be great news for all Seahawks fans if they can lock up” Wilson and that, “Time will tell.”

Another former Seahawk QB, Brock Huard, who among other duties works as part of the Seahawks’ broadcast team during the preseason, tweeted Saturday afternoon “I’m hearing the tempo is being picked up in talks between Russ & the Seahawks.”"

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":nkcvx6m8 said:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_seahawks

"Heaps’ tweet stated that Wilson’s agent, Mark Rodgers, and Seahawks general manager John Schneider, “have been meeting for several hours the past couple days” and, “hopefully there’ll be great news for all Seahawks fans if they can lock up” Wilson and that, “Time will tell.”

Another former Seahawk QB, Brock Huard, who among other duties works as part of the Seahawks’ broadcast team during the preseason, tweeted Saturday afternoon “I’m hearing the tempo is being picked up in talks between Russ & the Seahawks.”"

So everyone stating the obvious if you have a brain.

Speculation all over to drive his numbers up in negotiations.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I'm really worried. I thought JS could have gotten Russ to bite on a 4 year contract with atleast 110 mil guaranteed.
I guess our "little" QB really wants to become a Giant.
PC shouldn't have promised Wilson a "masters level" quarterback experience and keep providing high school curriculum. Sigh....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
These trade talks of Russell is highly entertaining.

Guess what? There is NO CHANCE that JS and PC lets him go.

NONE.

So move on to the next topic.

John63

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3tnvfu46 said:
I'm really worried. I thought JS could have gotten Russ to bite on a 4 year contract with atleast 110 mil guaranteed.
I guess our "little" QB really wants to become a Giant.
PC shouldn't have promised Wilson a "masters level" quarterback experience and keep providing high school curriculum. Sigh....

Well for one you are assuming they offered that, maybe they have not, maybe they will. The reality is we don't know what has or has not been offered. Just people making stuff up to allow them to much a side or push their opinion. Example look at you, you say 4 year with 110 guaranteed and say Wilson must have wanted to be a giant implying they offered him that, and he said no, When the reality is you don't know. You post make sit clear you paint Wilson as the bad guy or reason there is no deal, when the reality is it could be the hawks, For all we know they low balled the heck out of him, or he asked for the moon, we don't know. Just a lot of people making stuff up that is all.

getnasty

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":abe8uw24 said:
SNDavidson":abe8uw24 said:
Pete’s system is proven and it works but it’s not for most. With the right cast, all bought in, we’ve seen what it can do. We’d better get the haul of the century. Don’t think Pete’s changing Philosophy any time soon. Russ is actually a good fit and n NY, but he’s a great fit in Pete’s system, we’ll see.

That's just it...it hasn't been "working" for quite sometime now.

If Pete system isn't working then Belichick is the only coach in the NFL who's system is working then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People really do believe everything they read. Good stuff. He'll be under center in Seattle in September. Next

James in PA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33594j1n said:
People really do believe everything they read. Good stuff. He'll be under center in Seattle in September. Next
Yep, again, he’s under contract. Seahawks don’t “have to” do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for actual PROOF that he doesn't want to play in Seattle. And no, a bunch of media and fans claiming it doesn't make it truth. Until I see him traded on his own demand, or better yet hear it from HIM I'm not buying it. And even IF he wanted to play somewhere else, the Hawks are the ones who can see to it he stays at least 3 or 4 more seasons. If he plays out this year and two franchise years, still pretty good deal for the Hawks $ wise.
Local media here acting like he is A-Rod all the sudden :roll:
Florio is a blow hard who is ALWAYS looking to make crap up and/or create something that doesn't exist.
And for all we know (and it's all just a guessing game) this is about Mark Rogers going against the NFL.

LTH

Reaction score
Lets just assume these rumors are true which may or may not be... that being said, one player does not define a team... yeah Wilson is a great QB no question about that but they can win with out him...Ok if they have to trade him then lets see what JS and PC can create with the draft picks they get for him...teams win because of strong organizations not just great individual players... No one player is bigger than the team... im totally OK with letting him go because I believe in the organization...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Once again, he has NOT said he was bigger than the team. He has also said he won't hold out. Top QB's ask for huge deals and get them every year. He's not doing something out of the ordinary here. Top QB's get a huge percentage of the cap, it's been that way for years.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2o74awbr said:
SNDavidson":2o74awbr said:
Pete’s system is proven and it works but it’s not for most. With the right cast, all bought in, we’ve seen what it can do. We’d better get the haul of the century. Don’t think Pete’s changing Philosophy any time soon. Russ is actually a good fit and n NY, but he’s a great fit in Pete’s system, we’ll see.

Pete's system is proven? bahahahah! Had Russell Wilson not fallen into his lap Pete Carol would have been fired by now. If we trade Russell we better replace him with another QB that can make defenders miss while he's attempting to hand off the ball because Pete's system was to spend every dime on defense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3rmy5row said:
FlyingGreg":3rmy5row said:
SNDavidson":3rmy5row said:

Pete's system is proven? bahahahah! Had Russell Wilson not fallen into his lap Pete Carol would have been fired by now. If we trade Russell we better replace him with another QB that can make defenders miss while he's attempting to hand off the ball because Pete's system was to spend every dime on defense.

I love Russ too, but he is not the sole reason for Pete's success

Pete helped to build a generational defense, which deserves a lions share of the credit as well.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pro sports is a joke for fans. We love our stars. They only love money.

So, what do we all love?.....Money?.....No, we are passionate about our TEAM..But there no longer is team as far as individuals are concerned in this modern NFL. It's about ME.

It's a sad part of pro sports and a good reason to not care anymore.

Reaction score
Barkley n a first this year the 6th the 2nd and fourth this year and a fist next year n third next year we are in the ball park! I would deffenitly be listening! If the rumors are true bye sick of these players not wanting to play for our team Russ is no different! I love Russ except for the classic 360 sack! It took a long time to get a true franchise Qb but believe no one is bigger than our team!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This is a "rumor" but there are probably some truths to it.

If Wilson believes he can do more offensively as far as passing the ball more, then he should pursue other teams.

Carroll is not gonna change how he wants to play and Wilson knows that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Per a league source, the Seahawks think that Wilson would like to play elsewhere, even if he hasn’t and wouldn’t ever say it.

Latest posts