RUMOR: OBJ Wants to Join Seahawks, Seattle INTERESTED

GeekHawk

Reaction score
themunn":387waz6o said:
SoulfishHawk":387waz6o said:
For Orange: When the reports first came out, Ian R. and Adam S. both said that Cleveland was going to pay for all but around 1 million. John Clayton also said the same thing. Or as he would say "also too"

But, clearly that wasn't the case. But that's where the 1 million cheap rental thing came from.

That was the case initially - whoever picked him up off waivers would get him for 1m this year plus have him under contract for next 2.

Browns & OBJ restructured, voiding last 2 years (to OBJs benefit, so he won't be trapped at a bottom feeder for 2.5 seasons if picked up on waivers), but turning this year into 7m guaranteed to whoever picks him up (to Browns benefit, so they don't get stuck with the dead cap).

Cleared the way for him to be cut to both parties benefit.

If he clears waivers due to requiring $7M to claim, doesn't he then become a street free agent? And whoever signs him negotiates their own deal? I understood when this was first reported that they negotiated this so that he would be able to clear waivers and go where he wanted, by making him hard to claim.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. He does NOT get to sign wherever he pleases unless he actually clears wavers. I'm sure he's hoping he can, but he doesn't have a say in where he goes. Only if he passes thru waivers.

Rat

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2cvu5mrz said:
Hey we could call our receiver corps BLM....
MLB would make more sense for the pecking order, but I can see why that acronym would be unsettling for Seattlites.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

He cleared waivers!!! And Carroll made it sound like it could potentially be happening !

WmHBonney

Reaction score
OBJ supposedly has the Cheeseheads at the top of his preference list.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OBJ clears waivers:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-waivers/

Browns to pay him a further $4.25 million for the balance of the season so he won't cost the $7.25 million waiver claim price.

He'll also want to play with a good QB, and with a team where he might catch a few balls, or one with at least a chance of going to the playoffs.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm on board. What the hell? Could be fun in this season of low expectations... Love stuff like this to give us something to cheer about.

Latest posts