RUMOR: OBJ Wants to Join Seahawks, Seattle INTERESTED

hawker84

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3hq3otn0 said:
Welshers":3hq3otn0 said:
We need to jump on this to keep Russ happy.

Why now? Russ wanted an upgraded Oline so bad that he went public with it. How did that work out for him? He's still waiting.

100% this ^^^ I guaranteed RW would much rather have a couple blue chip lineman over OBJ any day of the week. ... so unless OBJ can block the Donald's and von Miller's of the league, this trade is meaningless IMO...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People often don't realize you can't just go grab an O Lineman after the trading deadline. Unless one gets released.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":10tu0l4n said:
pittpnthrs":10tu0l4n said:
Welshers":10tu0l4n said:

Why now? Russ wanted an upgraded Oline so bad that he went public with it. How did that work out for him? He's still waiting.

100% this ^^^ I guaranteed RW would much rather have a couple blue chip lineman over OBJ any day of the week. ... so unless OBJ can block the Donald's and von Miller's of the league, this trade is meaningless IMO...

Russell and Pete want the same thing, to have the illusion of still being a relevant team in the playoff picture.

So my guess is they both are on the same page that OBJ gives off this illusion. So honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we claim him...........then let the dysfunction ensue!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's better than 3-5 and watching Geno blow the opportunity to in 3 straight weeks at the end of the game. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jif6walm said:
Well, it's better than 3-5 and watching Geno blow the opportunity to in 3 straight weeks at the end of the game. :mrgreen:

Hell yeah, if there's ever a year to say screw it bring on the dysfunction what do we have to lose, it's this year.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bvliiwm said:
hawker84":3bvliiwm said:
pittpnthrs":3bvliiwm said:
Welshers":3bvliiwm said:

Russell and Pete want the same thing, to have the illusion of still being a relevant team in the playoff picture.

So my guess is they both are on the same page that OBJ gives off this illusion. So honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we claim him...........then let the dysfunction ensue!

Here is the thing... what if it works out? the culture in the locker room is pretty good... if he becomes a problem they can always cut him... although at this point i'm unsure what it is going to cost the hawks but at 1 mil...is it worth the risk?

meh... who knows

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2g5apaps said:
Sgt. Largent":2g5apaps said:
hawker84":2g5apaps said:
pittpnthrs":2g5apaps said:

Here is the thing... what if it works out? the culture in the locker room is pretty good... if he becomes a problem they can always cut him... although at this point i'm unsure what it is going to cost the hawks but at 1 mil...is it worth the risk?

meh... who knows

LTH

It could work out, but it rarely does. Especially here. Harvin, Graham, Clowney, Gordon...........sorta good? But not really.

But like I said, why not. It's not like this is a 6-2 team that we don't want to disrupt chemistry. 3-5? Sure. What's to lose?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2y9a0x9i said:
SoulfishHawk":2y9a0x9i said:

Hell yeah, if there's ever a year to say screw it bring on the dysfunction what do we have to lose, it's this year.

Exactly. It'll either turn the season around or complete the season as a dumpster fire and bring some much needed systemic change.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The Hawks will pull that trigger all day. With 3 top WRs, opposing defences will have to put in more DBs wgich will open the run game.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":2b63ghte said:
Sgt. Largent":2b63ghte said:
hawker84":2b63ghte said:
pittpnthrs":2b63ghte said:

meh... who knows

LTH
It's not 1 million, it's 7 if you claim. 7 guaranteed for 9 games. Where us everyone getting 1 million?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1tlid0nj said:
LTH":1tlid0nj said:
Sgt. Largent":1tlid0nj said:
hawker84":1tlid0nj said:

meh... who knows

LTH
It's not 1 million, it's 7 if you claim. 7 guaranteed for 9 games. Where us everyone getting 1 million?

Agree!

Don’t care who we have trying to catch passes (that’s not true) if they don’t get there due to no protection, indecision, or forcing the ball somewhere. Receiver isn’t our issue.

*edit for this* Or hand the ball off nine straight times on a 21 dive

toffee

Reaction score
Russ will take OBJ under his wings, heck, move OBJ into his house, mentor and make him a better human being. Two months after OBJ joins the Hawks, don't be surprise that he even talk like Russ. I am all for signing OBJ.

Elemas

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":30y390gy said:
OrangeGravy":30y390gy said:
LTH":30y390gy said:
Sgt. Largent":30y390gy said:

meh... who knows

LTH

Agree!

Don’t care who we have trying to catch passes (that’s not true) if they don’t get there due to no protection, indecision, or forcing the ball somewhere. Receiver isn’t our issue.

So, who do you suggest they pick up at this point in the season?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":222ghjga said:
OrangeGravy":222ghjga said:
LTH":222ghjga said:
Sgt. Largent":222ghjga said:

meh... who knows

LTH

Agree!

This is really regressive logic. The implication is that opportunities to improve the team should be ignored if said opportunity doesn't address positional groups seen as weaker links.

Football is complicated, and in life, effective people tend to build and hone their strengths rather than endlessly trying to patch up their weak points.

The line could be the worst in the league (this line is not even close to that) and it still wouldn't make sense to pass up a signing like this with such a potentially high reward. The only thing that should stop this from happening is if Odell is deemed to be too detrimental of a character fit to coexist.

Not to mention the fact that there aren't any proven talents sitting on the waiver wire at positions of need, and if there were, Odell wouldn't prevent the front office from signing any of them too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For Orange: When the reports first came out, Ian R. and Adam S. both said that Cleveland was going to pay for all but around 1 million. John Clayton also said the same thing. Or as he would say "also too"

But, clearly that wasn't the case. But that's where the 1 million cheap rental thing came from.

themunn

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":zw22b1mh said:
For Orange: When the reports first came out, Ian R. and Adam S. both said that Cleveland was going to pay for all but around 1 million. John Clayton also said the same thing. Or as he would say "also too"

But, clearly that wasn't the case. But that's where the 1 million cheap rental thing came from.

That was the case initially - whoever picked him up off waivers would get him for 1m this year plus have him under contract for next 2.

Browns & OBJ restructured, voiding last 2 years (to OBJs benefit, so he won't be trapped at a bottom feeder for 2.5 seasons if picked up on waivers), but turning this year into 7m guaranteed to whoever picks him up (to Browns benefit, so they don't get stuck with the dead cap).

Cleared the way for him to be cut to both parties benefit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Clayton said that they could void 2022 and 2023, and when he goes to get a big contract, the Hawks would get a 3rd or 4th round comp back. Well, we all know the Hawks do their best work from the 3rd round on.

Latest posts