Report: Seahawks suspect Wilson wants to play for other team

John63

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":32rx8xk3 said:
If Russ leaves, do not sign Wagner or Clark. Start the rebuild right now and prepare for the future. Russ has elevated everyone around him including his coaches. Everyone can enjoy the 8-8 seasons until Carroll and Shotty retire or get kicked to the curb.

8-8 LOL try 5-11 at best no Wilson, no Clark, no Wagner yeah right 5-11 if we are lucky

James in PA

Reaction score
Even if all this New York crap is true (and I take it with a grain of salt), the bottom line is that Russ is still under contract. John and Pete still hold all the cards. If Russ is outta here, it would take the haul to end all hauls with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
Maybe worse? I think his point about trading Wagner and Frank Clark is that you may as well clear the roster if you're going to get rid of Wilson.

Love the team but, I'd be hard pressed to show love if we decide to part ways with him without A. Grabbing the haul of the century and B. Proving through W's it was the right move.

I don't buy the concept of being isolated....the bigger market thing? Maybe...but, is Lebron bigger in LA than he was in Cleveland? From a marketing perspective, is Tom Brady less marketable because he's in NE?

These celebrities hop flights just to change the weather. If he leaves, I think it really comes down to the game itself. Not utilizing his passing ability like we should, not trusting him more (audibles)....and less game related but (equally if not more important), the NFL's jacked up CBA. One size doesn't fit all...

The decision made with his contract/trade will have the biggest effect on this franchise's history bar none.

Stressful......

Mick063

Reaction score
I'm torn on this.

Would love for Wilson to retire as a Seahawk, but only if he wants to be here.

The Vikings should have made a play for him instead of selling the farm for Cousins.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Two 1s, Two 2s, and Evan Engram is what I would expect back from the Giants.

Take Haskins with the #6 pick and hope for the best

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the problem with America, people react to everything printed and posted these days without thinking and looking deeper.

Heard they are building a Nuclear waste plant on Queen Anne Next year also, better sell and move out now your property Values are going to drop quickly :p

Seymour

Reaction score
This is just another spinoff of the Cowherd piece that started with the entertainment agent chatter just that because honey badger kicked it off again it's suddenly true? Please.... :roll: :snack:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":2uyeg7uw said:
This is the problem with America, people react to everything printed and posted these days without thinking and looking deeper.

Heard they are building a Nuclear waste plant on Queen Anne Next year also, better sell and move out now your property Values are going to drop quickly :p

You are right, however in fairness:

A. Most of the people in this thread have acknowledged that there are grains of salt to to be taken.

B. There sure has been a lot of smoke surrounding Russ and NY. At some point we have to acknowledge that there may be some truth to the rumors.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":eg8t6hcc said:
This is just another spinoff of the Cowherd piece that started with the entertainment agent chatter just that because honey badger kicked it off again it's suddenly true? Please.... :roll: :snack:

Didn't the article state that the Seahawks are suspicious? That doesn't sound like "truth" to me.

Just more concerning smoke and such.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Most importantly I DON'T think this is true, but if it is true, I think the answer is obvious:

If you're Russell Wilson and you're 30 years old why would you want to be stuck in this offense?

Wilson was 3rd in the NFL in QB rating and the Seahawks were last in the NFL in pass attempts per game.

Everyone else down in the bottom for pass attempts is running a lot because their QBs suck. The Seahawks are doing it as a matter of philosophy. Wilson's rating is nearly 20 points higher than two of the other guys in the bottom five for pass attempts, and more than 40 points higher than the other two. That's insane. Two guys with QB ratings in the 60s got to take more pass attempts per game than Wilson last year. :D

While the rest of the NFL is incorporating air raid schemes to make their mediocre QBs look very good, you're running stone age passing concepts when you're even allowed to throw. Why would any wildly talented QB want to spend their last prime years just handing the ball off over and over again?

Again, I think he stays, but if he wants to go that's the answer IMO.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
It’s impossible to know if this is BS.. usually when there’s smoke from many areas , there’s fire . I just hope that IF is is true, the hawks if their value now rather than handling like the redskins.

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/979385212957220865[/tweet]
D4Ha7LFXoAES1kD

mistaowen

Reaction score
Interviews with players, specifically Duane Brown said they know they need to feature Russ more and not force the run just to be a 'running team'. He essentially blamed the Cowboys playoff loss on neutering Russ and sticking with a broken gameplan to run well. Love the run first mentality to punish the other defense, we also have a top 5 QB who needs to be throwing more than he did last year. I would assume the FO knows this.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":1ppgx1en said:
Love the run first mentality to punish the other defense, we also have a top 5 QB who needs to be throwing more than he did last year. I would assume the FO knows this.

What is this mysterious and hypothetical philosophy of which you speak?

It only applies if you mean the first play of some games is a run. That's run first, then pass.

But it certainly doesn't mean "run a lot more than pass," which is how most people here use it.

John63

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":36uf4rxu said:
mistaowen":36uf4rxu said:
Love the run first mentality to punish the other defense, we also have a top 5 QB who needs to be throwing more than he did last year. I would assume the FO knows this.

What is this mysterious and hypothetical philosophy of which you speak?

It only applies if you mean the first play of some games is a run. That's run first, then pass.

But it certainly doesn't mean "run a lot more than pass," which is how most people here use it.

we go run, run, pass on over 75% of our plays that is what he means. this philosophy creates a lot of 3rd and longs. In addition, the point was our philosophy of run, run, pass also causes a forgetfulness of the pass, which leads to more come from behind requirements, or even waiting to long see Dallas -playoff game. Last year we ran 534 times and passed 427 so yes we ran more than we passed by over 100 times. We ran 34 times a game on avg, and passed 26. So yes we ran more than we passed, even at times despite it not working.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SNDavidson":111xmu56 said:
Pete’s system is proven and it works but it’s not for most. With the right cast, all bought in, we’ve seen what it can do. We’d better get the haul of the century. Don’t think Pete’s changing Philosophy any time soon. Russ is actually a good fit and n NY, but he’s a great fit in Pete’s system, we’ll see.

That's just it...it hasn't been "working" for quite sometime now.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I've said it before, but I'll say it again......I doubt if RW could handle the NY press. They can be brutal.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Probably not true ... but just because I am bored ... not only signing Russ should be the priority .. also giving him the Peyton Manning keys to the offense, so he can call all the plays, while taking suggestions from the coaches.. should be the way forward. Pete you about competing? Well then spare #3 the all about the ball talk and save it for the other 52 .. #3 gets turn overs are bad. He understood it in college even at NC State ... your a great coach Pete but a QB guru .. your not.

Holmgren on the radio is always saying I want him to cut it loose .. well that is hard to do with Pete always .. ocding in your ear about protecting the ball... Love Pete ... love them all but just saying.

Love Russ and I bleed Seahawk colors but he does look pretty good in the Giants uniform .. relax .. just having fun with all this but lets say Russ does want out .. God forbid. This is what I want

ELI
MANNING
and most of if not all of there draft, that is where I start the conversations anyway at least the first half up to like round 4 and some picks down the road too.

After hearing all this I looked at Eli's numbers .. he is making like 10 million and he is still a gamer and I still believe in our coaches and the players we have on the roster not to mention the talent we would be bringing in with all those picks.

That's it .. nothing less than that .. despite what the national media thinks about Russ .. he is one of the best QB's in the league and is being held back by Pete ball .. not saying I hate Pete, like I said I love him .. one of the best coaches ever .. but Russ would thrive under an offensive minded head coach who the Giants should hire if they traded for him.

Hopefully and probably this is all B.S. they sign Russ and I just wasted my time thinking and writing about all this.