RUMOR: OBJ Wants to Join Seahawks, Seattle INTERESTED

W

Welshers

Reported by Mike Florio of PFT last night.

"Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio Beckham reported during the Sunday Night Football pregame broadcast that Beckham prefers to become a free agent and wants to join the Seattle Seahawks."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... er-waivers

Also, a story from USA today where an insider says Hawks are interested:

"The Seahawks have shown strong interest in acquiring the wide receiver, the person said. Quarterback Russell Wilson has urged Seahawks brass for a Beckham signing, and in recent days, team officials have done extensive research on the wideout."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 334869001/

I say, if it's what Russ wants, GO FOR IT. Keep our franchise QB happy. Also we have nothing to lose from this and we have space

Mizak

Reaction score
DK not gonna be happy when his receptions start to decline.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Of course they are interested. I just take very little out of what Florio has to say. He loves creating drama for clicks.
I'm still laughing at the fact that someone is claiming that OBJ isn't even a good receiver.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

SoulfishHawk":2t3pc26y said:
Of course they are interested. I just take very little out of what Florio has to say. He loves creating drama for clicks.
I'm still laughing at the fact that someone is claiming that OBJ isn't even a good receiver.
It's not just that they are interested, rumor is that this is where he wants to come. Honestly it all makes sense. Him and Russ are probably buddies. They probably talked and want to play together. So Russ is pushing FO and OBJ says he wants to come here. It adds up. We need to jump on this to keep Russ happy. This Offense needs to get ROLLING 2nd half of season

Chapow

Reaction score
For what it's worth, there was just a segment on NFL Network where they were talking about the OBJ situation and Marc Ross and Steve Wyche basically couldn't stop talking about how they thought the Seahawks would be the perfect spot for him. So much so that they barely even mentioned any other teams.

Not that that means much. It isn't even necessarily in the Seahawks hands since there are teams ahead of them in the waiver order.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Chapow":337e5ep9 said:
For what it's worth, there was just a segment on NFL Network where they were talking about the OBJ situation and Marc Ross and Steve Wyche basically couldn't stop talking about how they thought the Seahawks would be the perfect spot for him. So much so that they barely even mentioned any other teams.

Not that that means much. It isn't even necessarily in the Seahawks hands since there are teams ahead of them in the waiver order.
One article says he doesnt want to be on the waiver wire and wants to become a FA. Do you know if that's his choice? I'm guessing he doesn't have a say in the matter

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has no say so in the matter. He's clearly hoping he makes it thru waivers. But I have a hard time believing that 31 teams are going to pass on him. Just an opinion.

Chapow

Reaction score
Welshers":5ntcm4ud said:
Chapow":5ntcm4ud said:

One article says he doesnt want to be on the waiver wire and wants to become a FA. Do you know if that's his choice? I'm guessing he doesn't have a say in the matter

Technically, he has no say in whether a team claims him or not, but he could always pull some kind of a "I don't want to play for you so I won't show up if you claim me" type of crap, and he seems like the type of guy that might do that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd hardly call that a diva play, honestly. It's a smart play. Use what leverage you have to determine your destination. No point in a team claiming him and having both parties end up disappointed.

LTH

Reaction score
Chapow":1a10cqkz said:
Welshers":1a10cqkz said:
Chapow":1a10cqkz said:

Technically, he has no say in whether a team claims him or not, but he could always pull some kind of a "I don't want to play for you so I won't show up if you claim me" type of crap, and he seems like the type of guy that might do that.

I think this is a good point...

LTH

hawker84

Reaction score
Pete's gonna do Pete if he has any say about it, he'll continue to try and put lipstick on a pig and hope for the best with this O Line. If the line can't pass protect any better then it has been, I won't matter what top reciever you bring in here. But at that cheap price from what I understand, who cares bring him on in...

Chapow

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2xczseyp said:
I'd hardly call that a diva play, honestly. It's a smart play. Use what leverage you have to determine your destination. No point in a team claiming him and having both parties end up disappointed.

What if a team like the Jags claimed him and instead of refusing to play for them he showed up, got to work, and did everything he could to help the team? That could be the best thing for his future in the NFL.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Which is weird because I would argue we are a better pass blocking team than run blocking right now.

Even though our pass blocking is terrible.

We don't open holes for the RB, we don't get much push.

At least we occasionally give our QB a few seconds and we have dangerous receivers.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rp0sp9w said:
Which is weird because I would argue we are a better pass blocking team than run blocking right now.

Even though our pass blocking is terrible.

We don't open holes for the RB, we don't get much push.

At least we occasionally give our QB a few seconds and we have dangerous receivers.

Yeah but the o line has been beat up and they should go into GB healthy...

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chapow":19frt68u said:
Maelstrom787":19frt68u said:

What if a team like the Jags claimed him and instead of refusing to play for them he showed up, got to work, and did everything he could to help the team? That could be the best thing for his future in the NFL.

I agree that it certainly could be a great way to go. I just don't think that's the norm among NFL receivers with star power behind their name. I doubt many receivers at all in Odell's position would follow that route, which makes me think it's less diva and more expected use of leverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All that being said, he stands to benefit greatly by being on his best behavior til the end of the season. Especially if 2022 and 2023 are voided (they are not guaranteed anyway).
He has a chance to show something and a better attitude to the next team that signs him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Welshers":335uk32r said:
We need to jump on this to keep Russ happy.

Why now? Russ wanted an upgraded Oline so bad that he went public with it. How did that work out for him? He's still waiting.