Relax

hawks85

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, this forum melts down ever single time the Hawks lose. I'm reading these threads and I'm seeing everything from fire Pete and Waldron to trading Smith. You people need to relax a little, Jesus. Smith didn't play bad, it was a bad game. Smith made a few bone headed calls, I agree, it's gonna be Okay. They'll fix the whatever needs to be fixed. Cincy is a good team and we just held a healthy Burrows and Chase to barely 200 yards of total offense in their house. Smith's not gonna throw 100 TD's and a million yards every week, it's the NFL and QB's are gonna have bone headed games.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Well I think we all see the writing on the wall. Geno has never had a game winning drive in the 4th. And he makes dumb decisions every big game that ends up costing the game or momentum. This team will not consistently be good on offense. Every 2nd or 3rd game they will suck. So yea things need to change for Seattle to win. Unless just being 9-8 feels great.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, this forum melts down ever single time the Hawks lose. I'm reading these threads and I'm seeing everything from fire Pete and Waldron to trading Smith. You people need to relax a little, Jesus. Smith didn't play bad, it was a bad game. Smith made a few bone headed calls, I agree, it's gonna be Okay. They'll fix the whatever needs to be fixed. Cincy is a good team and we just held a healthy Burrows and Chase to barely 200 yards of total offense in their house. Smith's not gonna throw 100 TD's and a million yards every week, it's the NFL and QB's are gonna have bone headed games.
Sinner

Welshers2

Reaction score
yeah it's pretty nuts how over the top this forum gets. Cinci was in the Super Bowl and AFC championship the past two years and people are acting like we lost to the worst team in football.

12forlife

Reaction score
Geno doesn't have it. Interception before half ended up costing us the game. Geno has a very limited play making ability. If you want to root for a good team, with average QB play, go be a Cowboys fan! Geno is holding this Offense back, and it's becoming obvious! Now with that said. Waldron is awful @ 3rd down play calls, don't matter if it's 3rd & 2 or 3rd & 15. With our offensive weapons counting our TE's we should easily be over 50% conversion, not less then 20%. And what and thee hell are we doing inside the 10??? Take BoBo (huge red zone target) & JSN (best wr at creating speperation) of the field, and never use Charbonnett to do the banging! This is sorta hard to watch. Atleast our Defense is showing major strides!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I’ll relax - we are 3-2 with some real hope and the niners did lose today -

I know we’re just getting healthier and good things are coming but:

I just don’t like the pattern that I see that when geno gets consistently pressured he has these games where as my wife said after todays game:”he looked like a deer in headlights.“ I’ve seen it a couple games sine he started where he legit just looks confused sometimes.

He also got the coin flip for a while last season where pickable throws went his way. Not today. The INTS killed us.

I wanted him to be the clutch 4th qtr hero and it just didn’t happen today.

lots of good - but we gotta get some things fixed. And I love him but I don’t like the 2 genos.

I’ve posted some things I thought were good. I liked some of adams stuff and the Fremont sack. Bobo too .

Frustrating loss today with soooooo much horsepower on our side.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
For me this was a game I didn’t think we would win, couldve/should’ve won, but didn’t. Geno didn’t play well. Waldron was as enigmatic as our kicker on a bank holiday. And the tempo was just strange. They still brought it down to the last play.

But the D and Hurtt did their job. Especially adjusting. I am excited to see more from these dudes.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Feels like junior high in here after losses and wins. Any rational people left?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm cool as a cumcumber. Not happy we lost mind you, but not flailing my arms around like a chicken with its head cut off.

My BP demands Zen these days lol.

Now can we do something about Geno learning about this little thing called a "Bootleg?"

White Devil

Reaction score
Geno looked like he was hesitating and second guessing what he was seeing. Holding the ball too long, especially in the 4th quarter.

Defense played well.

It's a pretty normal game after a bye-week that these guys lose every year.

Would have been nice to steal one, but they didn't.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
For me this was a game I didn’t think we would win, couldve/should’ve won, but didn’t. Geno didn’t play well. Waldron was as enigmatic as our kicker on a bank holiday. And the tempo was just strange. They still brought it down to the last play.

But the D and Hurtt did their job. Especially adjusting. I am excited to see more from these dudes.
Geno played fine imo, the problem was he was holding onto the ball to long like Wilson did. He tried to force the ball way to much. Like that JSN forced ball that caused the INT. Geno has been really patient in the pocket taking shots. Today Geno was going for those long bomb's. Cincy's D and O-line played way better than expected and that was an issue as well. I wasn't expecting that, and neither was Seattle.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Glad I picked this weekend to go camping. Kind of knew it would be tough sledding for Seattle. Our camping trip was great. Towing our 5th wheel there and back, smooth as pineapples.

I'm also not surprised at the Geno threads. Looks like he had a bad game, or the defense did an outstanding job. It's all good. This team will come back strong from this loss.

That 4th down at the end. That's an excellent opportunity for film study tomorrow. Lots can be learned there for the team. I'm glad they'll have the opportunity to study that specific situation on film tomorrow.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Did Geno make some bad decisions? Yes. He also was sacked multiple times (5?), and I think he was hit about a dozen other times. That’s going to negatively affect pretty much any QB.

The team needs to work on red zone, which they will. Need to get the O-line healthy and scheme around the problems in the meantime. They also have to clean up the dumb penalties, which also played into the scoring issues.

On the bright side, the D held the Bengals to less than 100 yards in the second half. They’re continuing to improve.

Overall, it’s a disappointing loss because we should have won the game. But the fact we should have won is also reason for optimism going forward. Despite the end result, they actually outplayed the Bengals. And the issues should be fixable.

Go Hawks!

strohmin

Reaction score
yeah it's pretty nuts how over the top this forum gets. Cinci was in the Super Bowl and AFC championship the past two years and people are acting like we lost to the worst team in football.
This was a very winnable game that was lost by bone headed decisions and mistakes all around. That's what pisses me off about todays loss. We have the talent to be great yet I feel like our players are not utilized to their full strength.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm chill. But there are some disturbing patterns on third down and in the red zone.

The Lions game was amazing, but it was also Geno's only good game. He has had several very bad halves.

It seems like the Hawks are lucky they've had two broken teams on the schedule early on.