Elephant in the Room

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep, due to crap offensive lines and a scheme that added to the problem. Geno is suffering from it too just like practically every QB that played under Pete Carroll.
WHAAAAAAAAA, Somebody give that sniveling, crying kid a bottle!

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
So you're completely dismissing his pro bowl year where he broke numerous franchise records.

Duely noted.
Geno had a good start but has been mediocre or bad for awhile now. Not just half a game. Did you note that?

I bet the Seahawks did, that’s why they only gave him that show me contract

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno had a good start but has been mediocre or bad for awhile now. Not just half a game. Did you note that?

He was worse the second half of last year for sure. Hoping he looks more like first half Geno moving forward. I think he will end up somewhere in between the two

Rosco

Reaction score
He was worse the second half of last year for sure. Hoping he looks more like first half Geno moving forward. I think he will end up somewhere in between the two
Adjustments.
First half of the season teams hadn’t had a book on Geno, other than the one they had when he played with the Jets.
PC/Geno Smith were able to take advantage of that in the first half of the season. By midseason the book was written, teams figured out Geno and made adjustments. Unfortunately, Geno Smith isn’t/wasn’t good enough to overcome the adjustments teams made against him.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Its probably Wilson due to the trauma and phobia of being killed for years playing in a Pete Carroll system.

This is just classic. It's somehow Pete Carroll's fault that Wilson has made the Broncos OL look bad and got sacked on more than 10% of his dropbacks as a Bronco.

Wow. Saint Russell the Blameless just can't be anything but pure and perfect in the minds of delusional Wilson fans. All the things perceived by others as flaws (inability to read a defense, inability or unwillingness to see and throw to open receivers in the middle, astronomical sack rate, etc.) are actually Pete Carroll's fault.

Jac

Reaction score
His peak will probably be "good" this year. Maybe he has a couple breakout games, but he'll have as many (if not more) performances like Sunday. He's a placeholder and was signed as such.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is just classic. It's somehow Pete Carroll's fault that Wilson has made the Broncos OL look bad and got sacked on more than 10% of his dropbacks as a Bronco.

Wow. Saint Russell the Blameless just can't be anything but pure and perfect in the minds of delusional Wilson fans. All the things perceived by others as flaws (inability to read a defense, inability or unwillingness to see and throw to open receivers in the middle, astronomical sack rate, etc.) are actually Pete Carroll's fault.
He's the common denominator since we have witnessed similar things from Geno. Especially last Sunday. Geno holds on to the ball too long, didn't see Bobo streaking wide open in the middle of the field, throws 40 yard bombs out of bounds on a 3rd and 4 (Geno is also about 5 inches taller than RW so should be able to see the field much better than RW). If you don't believe Geno is making those decisions and just following what is called, then the fault lies with Waldron/PC.

Furthermore, even RW's team manages more than 3 yards in one half. He's never had a game in his NFL career where an offense led by him only had 3 yards of total offense in a half.

Last edited:

Seak

Reaction score
He's the common denominator since we have witnessed similar things from Geno. Especially last Sunday. Geno holds on to the ball too long, didn't see Bobo streaking wide open in the middle of the field, throws 40 yard bombs out of bounds on a 3rd and 4 (Geno is also about 5 inches taller than RW so should be able to see the field much better than RW). If you don't believe Geno is making those decisions and just following what is called, then the fault lies with Waldron/PC.
Every Qb misses throws, I think that bobo miss was off a flea flicker or something. Play was already chaotic so hard to judge a qb for missing that one.
If he was standing in the pocket and didn't see it different story for sure.
But ya Waldron seems to be getting more "conservative" with play calls. Pete definitely has a lot of influence on both sides of the ball. He is the head coach though lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Geno is an above average game manager. Which means when given a decent O-line and supporting run game he can play like he did in the 1st half of last year.

When the RB's got hurt and the O-line wore down? 2nd half Geno, which we saw on full display last week.

If your expectations are anything other than this, you need to lower them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nah, doesnt bother me at all. Could care less how wrong you are. I have plenty of patience for the delusional elderly.
Whoa! your response tells me that I've hit the nerve right on the head BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
His peak will probably be "good" this year. Maybe he has a couple breakout games, but he'll have as many (if not more) performances like Sunday. He's a placeholder and was signed as such.
You keep tellin' yourself that...The amount of money they're giving him ain't "Placeholder" money.

Scout

Reaction score
Geno is an above average game manager. Which means when given a decent O-line and supporting run game he can play like he did in the 1st half of last year.

When the RB's got hurt and the O-line wore down? 2nd half Geno, which we saw on full display last week.

If your expectations are anything other than this, you need to lower them.

I concur.

Geno is supposed to be the point guard of the offense. People asking Geno to be a hero with two starting OTs out doesn't make sense IMO. That is beyond the scope of what Geno can do and what PC is asking him to do.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Credentials?, I for one don't care if you are or not "Sold", What's your expertise on Quarterback play.
It's pretty easy to CLAIM that y'all have the skookum on the matter while sitting on your sofa, it's quite another to actually PROVE IT.
Come Back Player of The Year, & over 4k yards proves that you do NOT know what you are talking about.
And who are you to tell me what I know or don't know? Lol. Enjoy your 3 yards.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I concur.

Geno is supposed to be the point guard of the offense. People asking Geno to be a hero with two starting OTs out doesn't make sense IMO. That is beyond the scope of what Geno can do and what PC is asking him to do.
I think Geno is quite capable, just not able to be as successful as he COULD BE.
I think the Short Game is where he'd shine the most, and quit relying so much on the longer developing plays that give the Defenses TIME to recover & adjust.
IF you want to move the chains, the YAC trend is where Pete needs to have Geno focusing his attention more.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Geno is quite capable, just not able to be as successful as he COULD BE.
I think the Short Game is where he'd shine the most, and quit relying so much on the longer developing plays that give the Defenses TIME to recover & adjust.
IF you want to move the chains, the YAC trend is where Pete needs to have Geno focusing his attention more.

This is the opposite of what Pete said in his presser, he said he wanted Geno to take more shots downfield Sunday. He missed quite a few open deeper passes and played it safe with checkdowns.

Like the Bobo trick play, and JSN was also open on a quick deeper cross that could have been a big play as well.

But you don't have to worry about relying on longer developing plays this week, with two missing starting tackles..........there won't be any.

Latest posts