Elephant in the Room

morgulon1

Reaction score
I would give Geno a pass for game 1, two starting Tackles down, brand new Center, then you have the over try aspect of the line trying to compensate. Throw in one of the better D lines and Donald wanting to feast it is a Disaster Movie being made.
Add in the fact the defense couldn't get the ball back . I'm not giving anyone a pass but Seattle held the ball like 5 minutes in the entire 2nd half.

strohmin

Reaction score
I remember when the trade was made and the Russ crowd was saying he would take Denver to the playoffs right away, I said that he would fail, because his reasons for failure here (even when he created something with his mad scrambles) were obvious and had been for a long time. And... that when he did, the Russ crowd would claim that Pete broke him.

Russ was never a qb who was good in the pocket. Even early on, teams knew that he would rarely step up in the pocket and instead try to spin out of the back as soon as there was pressure. Russ never had the 'hang in the pocket' gene. Ever.

His failure now is because he NEEDS to hang in the pocket because he can't run the way he used to. And he looks like a deer in headlights and fidgety because he was never comfortable doing what he's trying to do now.

The read-option launched RG3 and Russ's career. Russ was far more talented a player than RG and was able to adapt his game within the structure of a welcoming offense in Seattle. Until, that adaptation wore thin.
My feeling is Russ was and still is terrible at presnap reads and adjustments. He never seems to know where the blitz is coming from compared to even some of the "lesser talented" qbs like a Kirk Cousins. I think this is a big reason he cant stay in the pocket because he is not prepared before the snap like a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers etc. What are your thoughts on this?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Manning, Brady and Rodgers were always prepared.Me3 at some point quit putting in the effort to be great and as his physical skills diminished, it was evident for all to see.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He's the 16th highest paid QB this season. Middle of the road. Right on par with his talent level.
There's that annoying squeak again.
Dont know what you read. It requires chemistry .

And folks keep on talking about how we haven't has X since 2015 or whenever.

This team is nothing Wilson Hawks from that period to 2021. It's a different team with a different y identity on offense and more talent on both sides of the ball.

And as has been said several times there were certainly blue chip players on Pete's LOB days but there were also role players who contributed way above their grade because of chemistry. That's a known fact underscored by even LOB players today. This team is as close to thisr as any have been.

What will make the difference is time together between the white lines, accountability and leadership.

It's week 1.
That ball is going to sail right over Pitts head, A-G-A-I-N!!

m0ng0

Reaction score
It's hard for a defense when your offense goes 3 and out for the entire half.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Let's skip to what's really at stake here . A deep run in postseason and maybe a SB appearance . Super Bowls almost always host the best teams with the best QBs in the league . Anybody see the Hawks in that scenario ? If they were rebuilding they should of drafted a QB . Not doing that was short sighted and costly . This BS of " maybe next year " is getting old .

Pure speculation, but my gut says that was actually their plan. They gambled and lost. Remember the Russell Wilson draft short about how they were squirming with each pick and thought about picking him earlier. They stood pat, and it worked out perfectly. Perhaps they thought the same this year with not moving up.

They really wanted to preserve the other first and the two seconds and perhaps they had intel that the Colts would take Will Levis. I really think Richardson was their guy. They were clearly enamored with him, and considering they went with Spoon, really had no reason to feign a Richardson selection.

If the Texans would have just lost in week 17 (or Denver lost to San Diego).

At least the 2024 QB class is stacked!

keasley45

Reaction score
If you think there's more talent on the defensive side of the ball, I dont know what to tell you.

I'm surprised you feel like everything is going to be alright. I dont have high expectations for this years team or going forward. I think the scheme and talent (defensively and QB) is lacking.
Bro, I swear. I literally say one thing, and you claim I say something else. I post an article that says one thing, you read it, and says it states something else.

I never said 'it's going to be ok'. I said, unlike the Russ apologists, barely closet Geno haters, and Pete detractors who see week 1 as all the reason they need to throw out ideas like dismantling the entire franchise and starting over, I don't see the season as being over.its absurd.

And the vast majority of prognosticators and analysts Also think that the team is extremely talented. That's no fabrication. It's fact.

What hasn't happened yet is they haven't played 'together '. And that's frustrating. But it's also logically a reason to see that the team CAN easily be better. They aren't getting beat by superior talent on the other side of the ball. They are beating themselves. Therefore, their fate is largely in their hands. And if they do get things right, they have enough skill to be extremely competitive.

But to each their own. You are entitled to see and believe what you want. Just don't misrepresent my position. I'm not a kool-aid drinking Homer, nor an over emotional hater. I simply don't see the hyper biased doom and gloom takes as reasonable or logical.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Bro, I swear. I literally say one thing, and you claim I say something else. I post an article that says one thing, you read it, and says it states something else.

I never said 'it's going to be ok'. I said, unlike the Russ apologists, barely closet Geno haters, and Pete detractors who see week 1 as all the reason they need to throw out ideas like dismantling the entire franchise and starting over, I don't see the season as being over.its absurd.

And the vast majority of prognosticators and analysts Also think that the team is extremely talented. That's no fabrication. It's fact.

What hasn't happened yet is they haven't played 'together '. And that's frustrating. But it's also logically a reason to see that the team CAN easily be better. They aren't getting beat by superior talent on the other side of the ball. They are beating themselves. Therefore, their fate is largely in their hands. And if they do get things right, they have enough skill to be extremely competitive.

But to each their own. You are entitled to see and believe what you want. Just don't misrepresent my position. I'm not a kool-aid drinking Homer, nor an over emotional hater. I simply don't see the hyper biased doom and gloom takes as reasonable or logical.

Ok fair. I evidently misunderstood. Its all good.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good resilient win by the Seahawks yesterday. However there is still a glaring elephant in the room. The lack of a bonafide NT. Jarran Reed is good but he's not a NT. David Montgomery was having a field day running the ball. If he didn't get hurt, he would still be running and the game may have been different. The Seahawks need to find someone to plug that middle and provide some pressure through the middle.

BASF

Reaction score
Good resilient win by the Seahawks yesterday. However there is still a glaring elephant in the room. The lack of a bonafide NT. Jarran Reed is good but he's not a NT. David Montgomery was having a field day running the ball. If he didn't get hurt, he would still be running and the game may have been different. The Seahawks need to find someone to plug that middle and provide some pressure through the middle.
Get hurt is understating it. He hurt himself. I admire the fight, but trying to spin his ankle around like that was stupid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Both do but Pete far more for trying to convince everyone Geno or Drew are anything more then career backup quarterbacks it disgusts me that some are buying it.

Not sure what your "starting QB" standard is, but it's WAY off if you've watched Geno last year, and so far this year and not come to the conclusion that he's a starting NFL caliber QB.

Geno's a top 10-12 NFL QB. That's what the stats show, that's what the metrics show, and that's what your eyes should tell you if you watch the rest of the absolutely awful QB play around the rest of the league.