"Pretty good quarterback, I guess"

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":27l93euk said:
Tate didn't want to leave Seattle. He loved it here but the Hawks low balled him.

He was hurt by the reality that is pro sports.

I loved the dude on our team and the fact that he loved Seattle.
You had a grown up response.

I will have to monitor this situation.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ymftux1v said:
Tech Worlds":ymftux1v said:
Tate didn't want to leave Seattle. He loved it here but the Hawks low balled him.

I think your new title should be "DotNet Nut Kicker" .

Monitor that!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2qjvd7vz said:
Scottemojo":2qjvd7vz said:
Tech Worlds":2qjvd7vz said:

I think your new title should be "DotNet Nut Kicker" .

Monitor that!
There are definitely worse titles.

A

Anonymous

Worried about this weekend's game, Scotte?

I feel an anxiety going on.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I really want to still like Tate. I don't want to be that type of fan that likes a player while they're here and then turns on them after they leave us.

Unfortunately he's making it sort of impossible to defend him.

endzorn

Reaction score
He called Seattle a great city, said the Seahawks were a first class organization over and over, said Pete Carroll taught him how to be a great pro...but he doesn't bow down at the throne of Wilson so he's a giant douche. I still love the dude.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RunTheBall":371mr63q said:
This Tate/Seahawks "rivalry" could go places if we meet Detroit in the NFC CG.
NOOOO....Not for me. It will be the worst day of my life. EVERY one of my friends and family out here is a die hard Lions fan...Bad, bad, scenario for me. Hence why I do not want Detroit to make the playoffs, but it looks like they will.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
endzorn":3g7rzs4q said:
He called Seattle a great city, said the Seahawks were a first class organization over and over, said Pete Carroll taught him how to be a great pro...but he doesn't bow down at the throne of Wilson so he's a giant douche. I still love the dude.

Yeah, this isn't honest framing of what people are saying.

He wasn't even responding to a question about Wilson; if he was, the whole thing is a lot more understandable. He basically went out of his way to take a swipe. Personally I don't hold Wilson up on any sort of pedestal, but I'm appreciative of the fact that whatever he may think of Golden Tate, he's enough of an adult not to wage a public vendetta over it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Tokadub":1z9agd43 said:
So many pathetic haters in our fan-base. Wow we lose one of our best players and everyone just starts talking trash on him, what a bunch of classless scum you all are.

If the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife are true then OK you can hate on him... but we'll never know that and honestly if it is true then we can safely assume that 99% of the blame can be placed squarely on Wilson's wife (being a huge wh@$e) that would enable that to ever happen. So either way it's stupid to get mad at Tate when we'll never know what really happened and if it is true... the wife is to blame duh...

I think that Tate was pretty disrespectful to just say Wilson is "pretty good... I guess"... but then again Tate is the most qualified player IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE to critically judge Wilson from a Wide Receivers perspective. Tate is on pace for 1400 yards... that's nearly twice the pace of our #1 receiver Baldwin who is on pace for 765 yards.

Our top 2 receivers Baldwin and Kearse are on pace for 1370 yards COMBINED... which is less than Tate's pace 1400... My point being that Tate has now played with a QB (or offensive coordinator) who knows how to throw him the ball and he's putting up INSANE numbers.

Tate currently has more receiving yards than:

- Calvin Johnson
- Dez Bryant
- Rob Gronkowski
- Randall Cobb
- Julian Edelman
- Odell Beckham Jr.
- DeSean Jackson
- Anquan Boldin
- Steve Smith Sr.
- Sammy Watkins
- Martellus Bennett
- Jimmy Graham

... you get the picture? Tate has more receiving yards than pretty much anyone in the NFL (he's ranked 7th in the league) with a catch rate of 71.7% (better than any Seahawks WR that's still on our team until you get to Norwood who is 87.5% but we never use him...)

We can give a fair estimation that each team has at least 3 "starting wide receivers" That's a total of 96 Wide Receivers in that mix. Tate is ranked 7th out of 96... in other words when divided equally Tate is the best out of 14 "starting wide receivers" in the NFL (96/7 = 13.71).

In comparison each team has 1 "starting QB" for Wilson to be as good at his position as Tate currently is he'd have to be the best out of 14 "starting QB's"... meaning Wilson would need to be ranked the #2 QB in the entire NFL (32/14 = 2.29).

Conclusion:

Statistically Wilson would have to be the #2 rated Quarterback in the entire league for him to be a better player than Tate relative to their position group.

So right now Tate can in fact call Wilson "pretty good... I guess" because he is in fact better at his position this year and his production has sky rocketed with another QB...

Even though I consider Wilson a far superior QB to Stafford it's hard to argue that Tate is destroying with Stafford throwing him the ball compared to when Wilson was throwing it... which is hard to explain and I blame it mainly on our Offensive Coordinator.

Also for all the noobs out there who don't know anything about football... Stafford is currently ranked 8th in passing attempts per game (not #1 in passing attempts like 2012, and 2011). So he's no longer throwing it 40+ times a game he's currently at 37.

And for all the noobs saying Tate is only good because he's opposite of Calvin Johnson... you might wanna do your homework for once. Tate has around 150 yards in every single game that Calvin Johnson DID NOT PLAY THIS YEAR except for one... So Tate is doing WAY BETTER when he's the #1 receiver in place of Calvin Johnson...

PS: Our punt return game is a total joke without Tate. Bryan Walters is embarrassing me every time he's on the field.

Tokadub, seriously....Chauvinism does not set well with me...It TAKES TWO to tango and Tate is just as much to blame in that scenario.
I believe that almost every Hawk fan here wanted Tate to stay. This was before the rumors surfaced. Something went down between Wilson/Tate. Tate's comments since then make that very obvious.
Back to the now: Tate is having a great year on the gridiron. Good for him.
As for you: You can always become a Detroit Lion fan. You obviously think they have the best receiver in the NFL(Tate) and the better QB(Stafford). Personally, you can have them.

bigwrm

Reaction score
It's ridiculous how so many people are acting like spurned ex-lovers. He obviously has some beef with Russ, but he was highly complimentary of the rest of the players, organization, and city. This kind of stuff just comes with the territory with Tate and is what makes him an interesting interview and such an entertaining player (one of my favorite plays of his is when he posed with his hand behind his head going in for a touchdown against AZ, although it was called back on a penalty).

Tate is still one of my favorite players to watch and I'll always root for anyone that was a part of that 2013 team that brought the first championship in any sport to Seattle in my lifetime.

All of this just makes a potential Lions-Seahawks playoff matchup that much more interesting. Beast Mode vs. their d-line. Calvin and Tate vs. the LOB. Awesome. None of the other NFC teams scare me. Earlier in the season I said the Lions were the best team in the conference and people thought I was crazy, and while the Hawks are playing better ball right now, I think the Lions would be our toughest NFC opponent. As good as our running game has been this year, the Lions run defense has been absolutely dominant.

grizbob

Reaction score
There will always be a soft spot in my heart for Golden, but I call my kids out too when they spout stupidity. :cry:

AVL

Reaction score
Tate annoyed me more when he was here. His antics are now irrelevant.

Perhaps he is torn between goodness and greatness for Russell.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1xqrh68q said:
Jake Hawks":1xqrh68q said:
Didn't hear the interview but Tate's probably just upset he isn't with his boys competing for championships now and in the future
Not sure if you're following the standings, but Detroit has just as good a shot at a first round bye as we do.

Umm, if winning at Lambeau was as easy as beating the Cards and Rams, this would be true.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well now, I think I'll get extra enjoyment out of beating the Lions in the playoffs now...........if they're good enough to get a shot at our team. Here's to the LOB holding him to like 3 catches for 26 yards.

strohmin

Reaction score
Say what you want about tate, but I think he was under appreciated on his playmaking ability. I only remember him once failing Russell, but that was in his 2nd year I think before he started to getting real good. Other than that he came up with huge catches when needed.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Not gonna trash Tate as a player and such, but it comes across as petty. No need for him to say anything, but he did and he appeared to qualify his statement in a negative.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd say he's a pretty good quarterback, a superb owl champion and the most wins ever in the first three seasons as a QB.

Sour grapes is sour grapes.

My Tate timeline goes like this, I didn't think he was panning out early on, then he started to pan out and I became a huge fan and even a bigger fan because of the YAC. Then he left and ever since then he's been acting like a petulant child. He got what he wanted I'm not sure why he's so sour for a choice he made.

We all know the Hawks will have no less than three super bowls in a span of five years.

Sometimes all haters can do is hate... :179422:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1uqmghwt said:
endzorn":1uqmghwt said:

Yeah, this isn't honest framing of what people are saying.

He wasn't even responding to a question about Wilson; if he was, the whole thing is a lot more understandable. He basically went out of his way to take a swipe. Personally I don't hold Wilson up on any sort of pedestal, but I'm appreciative of the fact that whatever he may think of Golden Tate, he's enough of an adult not to wage a public vendetta over it.

I used the term "giant douche" so I'm assuming Zorn is referencing me. That statement is made not because of Tate leaving Seattle (getting upset about players who leave town is silly), but about his behavioral history while with the team.

If his public persona is a reasonable approximation of his real life self, he is most certainly a giant douche.