I guess we will always have that one SB...

RiverDog

Reaction score
They are WAY too in love with the pass game. Run the f'ing ball. Geezus. We have a VERY good 1-2 punch back there.
We haven't been gaining that much on the ground. Last Sunday, Kenneth Walker gained just 62 yards on 19 carries, and that was against a rushing defense which ranks in the bottom 1/4 of the league. We did a little better in our previous game vs. the Giants, but they're a worse running D than the Bengals. We have yet to have a running back crack the century mark this season.

It's a cause for concern as we have yet to go up against the tougher defenses in the league, ie Browns, Niners, Ravens, Cowboys, and Eagles, all ranked in the top 10 in total defense.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Fun fact - no team that ever went on to win the Super Bowl has ever had a frustrating regular season loss that same season. Don't quote me on that, though.

Anyone else remember the frustration here from December 8th - December 22nd, 2013?

Good point..

I remember that loss at home to a Carson Palmer led Arizona team on 12/22/13. We managed 10 points with an offense that included Wilson, Baldwin, Tate, Kearse, Miller, and Lynch. This came two weeks after dropping a game to the Niners.

There were a few "We aren't as good as we thought" overreaction posts.

Fast forward to to the now. We just lost to a perennial playoff team on the road at the last second. Sucks, but BFD. I'm sure we will lay a much more rotten egg at some point during the year, like @KinesProf said, every team does.

warden

Reaction score
Long season that is going to have many ups and downs. Let’s see how well we are playing in December first

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We haven't been gaining that much on the ground. Last Sunday, Kenneth Walker gained just 62 yards on 19 carries, and that was against a rushing defense which ranks in the bottom 1/4 of the league. We did a little better in our previous game vs. the Giants, but they're a worse running D than the Bengals. We have yet to have a running back crack the century mark this season.

It's a cause for concern as we have yet to go up against the tougher defenses in the league, ie Browns, Niners, Ravens, Cowboys, and Eagles, all ranked in the top 10 in total defense.
62 yards on 19 carries tells me that the O-Line is still struggling to get back in the groove.
And too, the O-Line was also pretty poor @ Pass Blocking.
The Run Game did better last year (fewer injuries) and K-9 ran for over 1,000 yards in the 15 games he started.
Injuries to our Tackles in game 1this year, messed up the >Continuity< & then having to constantly rotate in the backups (plural) means that logically there's only so much magic that Dickerson can conjure up.
Pass Protection for Geno? Nope, Run Blocking for KW & Charbs? again, Nope.
Almost just ain't going to cut it, the Bengals exposed our Offensive weaknesses, and until they can heal up on the quick, our chances for success is looking pretty skinny.

renofox

Reaction score
They are WAY too in love with the pass game. Run the f'ing ball. Geezus. We have a VERY good 1-2 punch back there.
48 pass plays called.
22 rush plays called.

On a day when Geno is stinking up the joint, and your power back only gets 2 rushing attempts when the situation is calling for a power rush game.

Make it make sense.

warden

Reaction score
I wonder if the 49er fans are shitting all over Prudy. He looked like aa back up in the loss against the Browns.

warden

Reaction score
There are teams with zero SB W's and worse zero SB appearances. the Hawks have been there 3 times and are a persistent post season team.

It is hard to get to the big game and harder still to win it.

Be happy the team is competitive.
Good post Jammer

renofox

Reaction score
I wonder if the 49er fans are shitting all over Prudy. He looked like aa back up in the loss against the Browns.
Purdy is 15-3 as a starter.

49er fans are not judging him on one bad game. They have a quarterback who wins a lot of games.

Since mid-2022, Geno is 6-8.

Rational Seahawks fans are, similarly, not judging Geno on one bad game. They have a QB who loses a lot of games.

Fans can make all the excuses they want. The Seahawks have 2 losses this year and Geno played horribly in both of them.

warden

Reaction score
Purdy is 15-3 as a starter.

49er fans are not judging him on one bad game. They have a quarterback who wins a lot of games.

Since mid-2022, Geno is 6-8.

Rational Seahawks fans are, similarly, not judging Geno on one bad game. They have a QB who loses a lot of games.

Fans can make all the excuses they want. The Seahawks have 2 losses this year and Geno played horribly in both of them.
Actually the majority of the fans here just want to complain.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are teams with zero SB W's and worse zero SB appearances. the Hawks have been there 3 times and are a persistent post season team.

It is hard to get to the big game and harder still to win it.

Be happy the team is competitive.
You can happy and frustrated at the same time. I'm very grateful for what this team has accomplished.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't vent our frustrations when they give a game away.
6-8 in their last 14 games. Just sayin.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Can't worry about next season or look ahead to it. That's loser talk for the likes of the Bears, Panthers, Broncos, Giants and Patriots.

I mean see it differently all you want, but this is not a SB contending team. I love our Hawks but this team is not in the window for a SB win (or even getting there), and it's fine it's getting there. Call it loser talk all you want, or just call it accepting what this team is..it's still building. Loser talk is quitting, im not talking about quitting, i'm talking about accepting what it is that it's building.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He needs to run more. Even if only to keep the opposing D honest. Or roll out more ... Just use those legs.
and he needs to not shutdown his runs.

saw at least a couple where he's running up to the line with the ball, and it's like kryptonite - he didn't want to cross it.

At least a couple first downs and there MIGHT have been enough grass in front of him for a TD. Maybe.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Just my own opinion, it seems like they abandon the run a lot. Especially the last couple years.
Last game pissed me off with K9 just trying to go up the gut. That's not his style, and why try and fit a square peg in a round hole? He does much better when 'filing' through the line, being patient and getting to the outside. IMO.

I wish they'd run smarter. And, the important part of having a 1-2 punch at RB is, oh, I don't know - maybe fielding the second guy more often.

evergreen

Reaction score
Pete sucks. He won with the garbage left over from Mora. He won with his team LOB. He won post LOB and he won post Me3. Belecheat can't hardly pivot twice! Pete sucks.