Poll: Golden Tate's year in 2014-2015

Will Tate have a better year in '14-'15 than he did in '13-'14? Judged by the metrics outlined

• 1) Yes, he will be more productive with the Lions

Votes: 77 89.5%
  • 2) No, he will regress with the Lions.

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I expect Tate to have a hell of a year out there. He really is one of the best YAC guys in the league and he doesn't drop the ball. Playing opposite Megatron should put him in very favorable DB match-ups.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I smell regression. Oh wait... that smell is Detroit itself.

Sac

Reaction score
Tate is going to get laid out going over the middle somewhere. Stafford hangs his guys out, a lot.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I dunno. We'll see. I like the prospect of Tate never seeing a CB1 or safety help when Calvin's on the field, but I think Seattle figured out how to optimize his talents. Also, I think Tate is going to miss Wilson's high-arching, tight-spiraled throws. Not sure how he'll adjust to Captain Sidearm. His catch rate is absolutely going to drop.

It's not as if Burleson or any other WR2 has really lit it up in that system. They generally focus on Calvin and spread it pretty evenly to the rest. Tate will have to separate himself from the other "regular" WRs, which he really wasn't able to do here to any significant degree.

theascension

Reaction score
Stafford doesn't have as great a touch on the ball as Wilson, that's part of why he has few drops. I think he'll have a great, but just under 1,000 receiving year. Perhaps 850-950.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Tate will be a fantasy monster next season. Detroit will not be instant contender for adding him, but in their offensive style Tate will be a Pro Bowl receiver unless his attitude declines because of losing.. They can make the playoffs. Then both Megatron and Tate will melt, as they do.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he will regress in catch/drop percentage and PR yards because it's a new system and a new QB. Stafford doesn't work his butt of with his receivers like RW does so it will take time for Golden to get up to speed. New system, new QB, new team mates. It will be a rough start, but in year 2 he will blossom.

JMR

Reaction score
Last year Detroit threw the ball more times than all but 4 teams in the league and 210 more times than Seattle threw it. I'm not sure about TDs because of the variable nature of that stat, but it's difficult for me to see him not come in higher in catches and yards. Stafford doesn't hesitate to just chuck it up, and Tate's skills are a good match -- outstanding body control, leaping, hands, and yac. This one's easy I think, and I'm usually skeptical of WRs in their first year on a new team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He would have given this offense will be more and more balanced or slightly pass oriented as Wilson gains experience.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2z1rugvb said:
He would have given this offense will be more and more balanced or slightly pass oriented as Wilson gains experience.
I'd love it if this happened in a meaningful way, but I see Pete keeping our offense heavily run-first. I hope I'm wrong!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3piw33si said:
MizzouHawkGal":3piw33si said:
I'd love it if this happened in a meaningful way, but I see Pete keeping our offense heavily run-first. I hope I'm wrong!

What happens in '15 when we're featuring a RB besides Marshawn? CMike might be all that but if he isn't chances are we'll be passing 55% of the time.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think Detroit is a good fit for Tate. He will likely improve his stats and be an important cog for them. Good luck to him I say.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1v50487b said:
He will most definitely have better stats with Detroit. They throw the ball a LOT more and Tate is a good possession receiver. They probably won't win the Superbowl, but his stats will be better.
Better stats. No championship. I agree. This is the most pathetic franchise in that division. The LieDowns just cannot do well in the post season. They couldn't do it with Sanders or Calvin. Tate won't make a difference in that stat.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1gd4uqg4 said:
I dunno. We'll see. I like the prospect of Tate never seeing a CB1 or safety help when Calvin's on the field, but I think Seattle figured out how to optimize his talents. Also, I think Tate is going to miss Wilson's high-arching, tight-spiraled throws. Not sure how he'll adjust to Captain Sidearm. His catch rate is absolutely going to drop.

It's not as if Burleson or any other WR2 has really lit it up in that system. They generally focus on Calvin and spread it pretty evenly to the rest. Tate will have to separate himself from the other "regular" WRs, which he really wasn't able to do here to any significant degree.
I just about choked on my coffee when I read "Captain Sidearm"...That is great!!!(cause it's true). I can't wait to use that when watching the Lions with my friends out here in Michigan.