Which players "new" throwback jersey will you buy next year?

Which current players throwback will you/would you buy next year?

• 1. Geno Smith

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 2. DK Metcalf

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3. Tariq Woolen

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • 4. KWIII

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 5. Tyler Lockett

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • 6. Other current player

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 7. Have to see who we take in the draft first

• 8. No interest, wouldn't take one for free.

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
I know the vast majority of 80's-90's throwback jerseys consist of Largent, Easley, and Galloway. However, next year, I imagine we will have the opportunity to buy "new" throwbacks with current players names and numbers.

I just wanted to throw out a fun poll and see which current players sleevehawk jersey you are considering adding to you collection. I'm not a big jersey wearer, but as a child of the 80's, I guarantee you I will be picking up when they are released.

Just another reason I wish BWags would have stuck around, I would have been all over a 54 Sleevehawk.

Let me know what you guys think!

RiverDog

Reaction score
There's an option missing: A personalized jersey or a #12 Fan jersey.

I will never buy a jersey with a player's name or number on it. I have this thing about treating professional athletes as if they are some sort of deity or placing them on a pedestal to be worshiped. I regard them as being no better and no worse as I would any other human being.

Besides, there's the problem of what happens when they get traded or do something stupid that you're ashamed of. How many people had to trade in their #3? Or suppose you didn't like Kam Chancellor's holdout or Michael Bennett's kneeling?

BTW, I have a home blue Seahawks #12 that has "River Dog" across the back that I wear to every game I attend. Anyone that introduces themselves to me and identifies themselves as being a forum member will earn a beer on me.

Back in 2013, our Lombardi season, I attended an away game in Houston vs. the Texans, the one where Richard Sherman turned the game around with a pick 6, losing a shoe in the process. The Texans' QB, Matt Schwab, had thrown another pick 6 in a loss the week before. After the game, a Texans fan saw a fellow Texan fan with a Matt Schwab jersey on and offered him $100 for it. The guy took it off and gave him the jersey, of which the recipient promptly dropped it on the ground, poured lighter fluid on it, and set it ablaze.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score

I will never buy a jersey with a player's name or number on it. I have this thing about treating professional athletes as if they are some sort of deity or placing them on a pedestal to be worshiped. I regard them as being no better and no worse as I would any other human being.

Besides, there's the problem of what happens when they get traded or do something stupid that you're ashamed of. How many people had to trade in their #3? Or suppose you didn't like Kam Chancellor's holdout or Michael Bennett's kneeling?

BTW, I have a home blue Seahawks #12 that has "River Dog" across the back that I wear to every game I attend. Anyone that introduces themselves to me and identifies themselves as being a forum member will earn a beer on me.

Back in 2013, our Lombardi season, I attended an away game in Houston vs. the Texans, the one where Richard Sherman turned the game around with a pick 6, losing a shoe in the process. The Texans' QB, Matt Schwab, had thrown another pick 6 in a loss the week before. After the game, a Texans fan saw a fellow Texan fan with a Matt Schwab jersey on and offered him $100 for it. The guy took it off and gave him the jersey, of which the recipient promptly dropped it on the ground, poured lighter fluid on it, and set it ablaze.

I appreciate the take. I should have included "other" as an option. In an interesting dichotomy though, If a players jersey should be immediately discarded when they do something stupid or shameful, are we really regarding them as no better or worse than any human being? We let others make mistakes all the time. Just food for thought.

I remember that game in Houston well. I really wanted to go but had to work. I remember seeing pics of some of the parties that the Texas Seahawks Fans (or whatever they are called) were putting on and looked lie a blast.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I bought a Jones 71 throwback that I haven't really worn but I'll definitely get a new player. Woolen, if I can get them before they sell out. Nwosu if not. Dunno why but the only offensive skill player I've ever purchased for myself was S1 Beast of the current jerseys. Was gifted a Hass jersey but those 3 are my only Os. I think Geno will be with us for 2-3 more years, hopefully, and Walker is too new to know if he'll last or even re-sign after his rookie deal. I just favor the defense.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I appreciate the take. I should have included "other" as an option. In an interesting dichotomy though, If a players jersey should be immediately discarded when they do something stupid or shameful, are we really regarding them as no better or worse than any human being? We let others make mistakes all the time. Just food for thought.

I remember that game in Houston well. I really wanted to go but had to work. I remember seeing pics of some of the parties that the Texas Seahawks Fans (or whatever they are called) were putting on and looked lie a blast.
Yeah, we had a great time in Houston, and I attended the .net tailgate party that you referenced. Fantastic group of guys and gals.

To answer your question, I don't like creating a controversy, and not because I'm chicken or ashamed of my beliefs. I'm a retired supervisor, and it's a long story, but I learned the hard way to not to talk about the three taboos: Sex, politics, and religion, either at work or off. I don't put signs on my lawn or bumper stickers on my car, and since social media has come into being, I don't make comments or 'like' posts of a political, sexual, or religious nature.

The problem is that it could intimidate some of my employees into not wanting to come talk to me if I had expressed a certain political, religious, or sexual belief. I wanted to be as accessible as possible, make them feel like they could come talk to me without being prejudged. It's also good advice for friendships in general.

So, if I had bought a Michael Bennett jersey and he knelt for the national anthem, or even worse, a Deshaun Watson jersey, I would have to ditch it immediately as wearing one might indicate to others that I condoned a certain behavior that they didn't like or felt strongly about. It has nothing to do with passing judgment on the player in question.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Before the Season started, I 100% would have said K9. I really believed (and still do) that he's going to do great things as long as he's here. Now that we've watched the season progress, I'm hard pressed not to say that same thing about Woolen. It is really tough to decide between the two.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
It can be Geno, I'll have Kitna flashbacks...lol

FPD

Reaction score
I already have Metcalf and Lockett. So, I'd probably go Smith, then Woolen.

pmedic920

Reaction score
None of the above.

If available I’ll buy a custom elite w/#12

I’m not particularly a fan of players names on my Jersey, not a fan of “Fan” either but at least I haven’t wasted $300 when a player bails on the team.

Are y’all still wearing your #3 Wilson jerseys?
I’ve got an Alexander but it was a gift.

#HoustonHawk
Hopefully all is well with you.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I don't buy or even display any NFL merchandise anymore, ever since the players started doing all of that anti-American kneeling and "black lives matter" 🙄 crap. I don't wear the hats, jackets, jerseys, sweatshirts or anything since 2016. Those idiot millionaires can all GFT.

The only thing I might do is dust off my classic Largent jersey (that doesn't even have an NFL logo on it) and wear that if I went to a Seahawks game. Largent would never have kneeled or put a stupid slogan on the back of his helmet or any of that other garbage. He was a lot more level-headed than that.

Besides all of that, I stopped buying jerseys a long time ago anyway. The players change teams like musical chairs anymore. You buy someone's jersey this year, they'll probably be gone next year or the year after that. There's no point. Waste of money. There's no loyalty anymore.

Last edited:

uncle fester

Reaction score
As someone else said a couple of years back when it was first being discussed, you could get a Tre Brown 22 jersey and it would double as Dave Brown. Retro and up to date at the same time.

seabowl

Reaction score
Nothing beats the 1980s Sand Knit big mesh jerseys. Love that you could see the equipment through the jersey.

Reactions: FPD

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
i think I will get a #12 with ZornLargentPatera and then go take a knee at a BLM event just to honor those loyal all-American heros that refuse to participate in anything NFL related….except message boards and games. Lulz

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
None of the above.

If available I’ll buy a custom elite w/#12

I’m not particularly a fan of players names on my Jersey, not a fan of “Fan” either but at least I haven’t wasted $300 when a player bails on the team.

Are y’all still wearing your #3 Wilson jerseys?
I’ve got an Alexander but it was a gift.

#HoustonHawk
Hopefully all is well with you.

Makes sense. The player bailing when it's recent does suck a little, but after while, it's not a big deal for me. When I go to games, some of my favorite jerseys are the more obscure ones that you may have forgotten about compared to the heavy hitters. I saw a J. Jurevicious and an Anthony Simmons not long ago, and I thought they were pretty cool.

In 10 years when I see a Thomas III jersey, I'll just think of how bad a the LOB was, not the unfortunate circumstances behind him leaving. I'll be buying a custom elite as well (assuming that's the best). I selected DK, but someone like Dissly or Cross would be cool too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Makes sense. The player bailing when it's recent does suck a little, but after while, it's not a big deal for me. When I go to games, some of my favorite jerseys are the more obscure ones that you may have forgotten about compared to the heavy hitters. I saw a J. Jurevicious and an Anthony Simmons not long ago, and I thought they were pretty cool.

In 10 years when I see a Thomas III jersey, I'll just think of how bad a the LOB was, not the unfortunate circumstances behind him leaving. I'll be buying a custom elite as well (assuming that's the best). I selected DK, but someone like Dissly or Cross would be cool too.
Elites are the best, custom is when you pick your own name plate and number.

The downside is, there’s usually a slight difference in stitching on the numbers, generally single stitched instead of the double stitches as the come from the factory. I do have one that has a slight difference in color of the numbers.

The 25 is a joke to illustrate my feelings about players name/numbers

The white 48 is a custom I had made by the ProShop

Edit:
When I say “best” I’m talking about quality, not necessarily value, as the elites are pricey.

Attachments

• 625408A9-B139-4D2F-8505-987CFEF1FB36.jpeg
    625408A9-B139-4D2F-8505-987CFEF1FB36.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4
  • B0E15CCE-7181-4824-9CDA-7EE202156626.jpeg
    B0E15CCE-7181-4824-9CDA-7EE202156626.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 4
  • 44A616DF-0F87-48C7-B08D-EA4A1A143E1A.jpeg
    44A616DF-0F87-48C7-B08D-EA4A1A143E1A.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 4

pmedic920

Reaction score

Ha, did you make the party that myself and HoustonHawk hosted?
My apologies if we met and I’ve forgotten.

I remember well the Matt S. Jerseys being burned in the parking lot, there were several.
For weeks after that game many of the sandwich shops, burger joints, and pizza places offered Matt S. Specials “pick 6 toppings”.

Latest posts