Which players "new" throwback jersey will you buy next year?

Which current players throwback will you/would you buy next year?

• 1. Geno Smith

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 2. DK Metcalf

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3. Tariq Woolen

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • 4. KWIII

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 5. Tyler Lockett

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • 6. Other current player

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 7. Have to see who we take in the draft first

• 8. No interest, wouldn't take one for free.

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Elites are the best, custom is when you pick your own name plate and number.

The downside is, there’s usually a slight difference in stitching on the numbers, generally single stitched instead of the double stitches as the come from the factory. I do have one that has a slight difference in color of the numbers.

The 25 is a joke to illustrate my feelings about players name/numbers

The white 48 is a custom I had made by the ProShop

Edit:
When I say “best” I’m talking about quality, not necessarily value, as the elites are pricey.
Love the 48. I have a #29 Thomas, #32 Carson, and a #71 that I had my name put on because I got tired of how name change over time. My wife had a Wilson, became disgusted with his play the past few years and now rocks a Poona Ford #97. I have to admit, that Ford would have been a solid addition to match my F350.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ha, did you make the party that myself and HoustonHawk hosted?
My apologies if we met and I’ve forgotten.

I remember well the Matt S. Jerseys being burned in the parking lot, there were several.
For weeks after that game many of the sandwich shops, burger joints, and pizza places offered Matt S. Specials “pick 6 toppings”.
I certainly was there, with Flying Greg, and I clearly remember meeting you. How can anybody forget that 'stache? In any event, we were chatting about something when you looked at my empty hands and said, "you need a drink."

I also remember the Matt Schwab pizza special that they were advertising the next morning, but you left something out: It was "Pick 6 toppings and pay for it dearly." Fun time, and you were a tremendous host.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I certainly was there, with Flying Greg, and I clearly remember meeting you. How can anybody forget that 'stache? In any event, we were chatting about something when you looked at my empty hands and said, "you need a drink."

I also remember the Matt Schwab pizza special that they were advertising the next morning, but you left something out: It was "Pick 6 toppings and pay for it dearly." Fun time, and you were a tremendous host.
Now that you mention Greg I do remember.
That was an epic game, and near epic tailgate party. Many of the old timers here @.net were in attendance.
Hard thing to accept that it was almost 10 years ago. Dang we’re getting old.

Attachments

• 22996208-3BEF-44DD-A7DF-7E0857828CBA.jpeg
    22996208-3BEF-44DD-A7DF-7E0857828CBA.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 671FE258-65CD-4658-9130-BA7E52A275A0.jpeg
    671FE258-65CD-4658-9130-BA7E52A275A0.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 114CEF40-DEA5-4C61-A974-02CB377FC0D7.jpeg
    114CEF40-DEA5-4C61-A974-02CB377FC0D7.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0002A10A-5CB9-40AF-BF47-5445118C5716.jpeg
    0002A10A-5CB9-40AF-BF47-5445118C5716.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Now that you mention Greg I do remember.
That was an epic game, and near epic tailgate party. Many of the old timers here @.net were in attendance.
Hard thing to accept that it was almost 10 years ago. Dang we’re getting old.
Flying Greg and I have gone to a lot of Seahawks road games, including Houston, KC, London, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Indy, Detroit this season, and AZ times 2. He has a bucket list goal to see the Hawks play in every NFL stadium.

I'm in the first and second of those pictures, the old man in the white Seahawks baseball cap. I assume that picture #4 is the burning of the Matt Schwab jersey. I'll have to download it as it's one of my favorite stories.

And yes, we are getting old, but look at it this way: It's better than the alternative!

eo620

Reaction score
I already have Kitna, Kennedy (old school jerseys), Alexander (2005 colors) and current Wilson jerseys. For throwbacks I'd do Chancellor, or current DK, K9, or Woolen.

I'm 63. Should I even be wearing jerseys anymore?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'll probably get a new (old) 96. Maybe our top 5 pick too depending on who we take.

I'm 63. Should I even be wearing jerseys anymore?
Of course the advantage of being 63 is getting to wear whatever you want.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If they had the throwback in Lynch 24. That would be the one!

Runner up for me would be Metcalf.

So by default, since Lynch isn’t an option, Metcalf, all the way!

Somos doces

Reaction score
Current Hawk players' jerseys are typically out of my price range, so I tend to haunt the newly posted clearance rack for quality gameday togs (e.g., the purchase of my first Vapor Elite — a RW #3 — a few months ago).

Since the question specifies the jersey will be purchased next year, I'd be most likely to take advantage of a bargain deal on a throwback model bearing the number and surname of: Penny, Irvin, Ford, Woods, Diggs, Dissly, or (regrettably) Adams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Elites are the best, custom is when you pick your own name plate and number.

The downside is, there’s usually a slight difference in stitching on the numbers, generally single stitched instead of the double stitches as the come from the factory. I do have one that has a slight difference in color of the numbers.

The 25 is a joke to illustrate my feelings about players name/numbers

The white 48 is a custom I had made by the ProShop

Edit:
When I say “best” I’m talking about quality, not necessarily value, as the elites are pricey.
We seem to have similar takes on wearing jerseys with players names/numbers on them, and I like the 48 "Super Bowl" idea, something I'd never thought of. The only problem is that the further away we get from SB 48 the more irrelevant it becomes and might even be a source of teasing from opposing fan bases that aren't Lions or Browns, the "what have you done for me lately?" thing that we've so often used to tease Cowboys fans with.

Even though I hated the stoned seagull dating back to 1976, I could be talked into buying a throwback jersey so long as I can specify a number and customize the name, but NFL Shop currently doesn't offer that option for throwbacks. If you or anyone else know of or sees another site that offers personalized throwbacks, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We seem to have similar takes on wearing jerseys with players names/numbers on them, and I like the 48 "Super Bowl" idea, something I'd never thought of. The only problem is that the further away we get from SB 48 the more irrelevant it becomes and might even be a source of teasing from opposing fan bases that aren't Lions or Browns, the "what have you done for me lately?" thing that we've so often used to tease Cowboys fans with.

Even though I hated the stoned seagull dating back to 1976, I could be talked into buying a throwback jersey so long as I can specify a number and customize the name, but NFL Shop currently doesn't offer that option for throwbacks. If you or anyone else know of or sees another site that offers personalized throwbacks, I'd appreciate a heads up.
I went to the Detroit game a few years back and sat next to a Navy dude Detroit fan. We had fun. I should have wandered around a bit more but was unfamiliar with the area and did not look at a map. I could not take my kindle in as it was a tiny bit larger than the other one I have. Had to take it to storage.

Surlybird

Reaction score
Eh. I still have my Krieg, Zorn, and Rufus Porter jerseys. I guess if they offer customizations, It'd be pretty cool to get a Joe Nash jersey made up.

Reactions: FPD

pmedic920

Reaction score

I fully understand, as of now I only wear it at the house on gamedays when we are away and wearing white.

I’d wear it in Seattle for a home game, but probably no other public place.

It was definitely a knee jerk reaction to winning our first, but I certainly don’t regret it.

pmedic920

Reaction score

If you can find a number you like, you could buy it and have a custom name plate made.

If they are still in business, SEATTLE TACKLE TWILL used to be the absolute best. IIRC they would even do the sewing if you send them the jersey.
Google them, or maybe someone paying attention will post up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If you can find a number you like, you could buy it and have a custom name plate made.

If they are still in business, SEATTLE TACKLE TWILL used to be the absolute best. IIRC they would even do the sewing if you send them the jersey.
I quit paying attention. It costs too much...my friend. LOL

RiverDog

Reaction score

OK, I'll keep that in mind. My current jersey is 11 years old and starting to show its age. Thanks a lot!

BlueTalon

Reaction score

I'll want to know more about this, if anyone has current knowledge.