Pick your Poison

Largent80

Reaction score
Good, don't worry, but don't be scratching your head on Monday morning wondering what the hell happened.

We have been doubted all year.

Enjoy your stay here, and enjoy 0-5 in playoff games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":ame2yp6p said:
SeaChase":ame2yp6p said:
Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

also we had a horrible DC and OC. and we have changed it completely. our schemes are very different.
for instance we were not a good secondary.....we would do a zone every play and play off guys 20-30 yards. (not lying).
- but now we have a scheme most of the Atlanta fans do not even know. cause it is changed up so many times.
as for our Offense, we added explosiveness. we took away touched on the run and added more on throwing.
- we had not had two WR that had over a thousand in the past.
The Giants went to and WON the SB last Season, but NOT before the Seahawks went to their stadium and BEAT them, and we did that with Tarvarius Jackson, and a bunch of Rookies that didn't even have the benifit of TC's or Pre-Season workouts.
So beating the Giants THIS season when they pretty much sucked? nothing to brag about there.
Cowboys?, LOLOLOLOL.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Largent80":1l5cbdn2 said:
keepertd":1l5cbdn2 said:
Largent80":1l5cbdn2 said:
Hmmmm......We run the ball really well, and you guys aren't very good at stopping it.

Just throwing that out there.

The pressure is squarely on Atlantas shoulders. 0-4 in this regimes playoff history puts all the pressure on you, plus the home field advantage. All at stake against a team with nothing to lose and a bright future.

Face it, Seattle is a VERY dangerous team right now .

honestly i hope the Hawks get 1000000000 yards rushing this game....b/c you can gain as much as you want but it doesnt matter...the score board at the end of the 4th quarter is all that does... just food for thought...you seriously dont think ATL is going to focus on the run after having two weeks?

Focus on the run and we will throw....pretty simple. We are NOT one dimensional. Did you see us destroy the 49ers?.
I missed that game. and I am going to look at tonight on NFL rewind.

also look at the post I made above this one. I'm curious to what your reply is back to that as well

keepertd

Reaction score
Largent80":19toybve said:
Good, don't worry, but don't be scratching your head on Monday morning wondering what the hell happened.

We have been doubted all year.

Enjoy your stay here, and enjoy 0-5 in playoff games.

and the Falcons haven't? lol i get confidence in your team and thats fine, but your argument of "we can run good" and "if you stop that we throw" without mention of the passing D your going agianst? btw we're only 0-3, so unless somehow the Hawks are playing us twice...we'd only be 0-4

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
keepertd":gobvw0q5 said:
id much rather have the pressure of a 2nd round playoff game going on the shoulders of your rookie QB...im not dissing the guy in anyway, but if the Falcons make the Hawks throw, im definatly 100000% more confident in our chances

That rookie QB has won 6 consecutive must-win games. If anyone out there still thinks "rookie" = "rattled" ... heh heh heh... oh boy! Just wait and see. :snack:

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
CANHawk":oezdcn2i said:
Fibonacci":oezdcn2i said:
LOL. nice to meet you and you do know some things about us. :th2thumbs:
bab is fat, eh? seems to be able to help us out a lot....heck you interviewed getting Ray Edwards, heck must of your fans here questioned if y'all can still go get him. do you know who replaced Edwards?......that big fat Babinaeux.

just some food for thought.

Yeah, I drew Atlanta in a Madden league last year so I learned a wee bit about them. I don't prefess to be an expert though (but I can admit that I like them).

I call him the "Fat Babineaux" only because we had his brother "Thin Babineaux" in our secondary for what feels like 10 years. But yeah for drama's sake, I hope to hear we signed Ray Edwards to back fill for the injured Chris Clemons soon. We desperately need the depth in our pass rushing DE corps and the added story line would make for good TV. ;)
ok mister nice guy has left the building.

WHAT the dickens you mean you hope to get ray.
- trust me....do not do this. you will regret it, players will hate you.

also you have a great guy called Irvin. the guy should be hitting beast mode next year and continuing to grow into a constant pro bowler.

keepertd

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2a6z5fvj said:
keepertd":2a6z5fvj said:
id much rather have the pressure of a 2nd round playoff game going on the shoulders of your rookie QB...im not dissing the guy in anyway, but if the Falcons make the Hawks throw, im definatly 100000% more confident in our chances

That rookie QB has won 6 consecutive must-win games. If anyone out there still thinks "rookie" = "rattled" ... heh heh heh... oh boy! Just wait and see. :snack:

:lol: so the fact id trust our D to go up against a good rookie QB over your dangerous run is a mistake? :34853_doh: thats like saying its a terrible idea to make the Falcons have to run the ball instead of throw

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Mike Turner has a HUGE ass, biggest in the league...watching him play is like watching an episode of Assy Mcgee. Also, he's not out running anybody. Honestly, I just don't see ATL having much success on the ground this Sunday as long as he gets most of the RB workload.

When he's done power walking down field, he'll have a kosher job as a back ground dancer in rap videos.

I'm mostly interested in whomever BB covers and how well the Wagner/Wright play against Quiz and Gonzales.

To be honest I would love to watch Mike Turner and Leroy Hill in a 40 yard dash comp...problem is I don't have a weeks worth of free time. Still love Leroy though, just have to give the guy a hard time because he gets over shadowed by Wright/Wagner.

keepertd

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3c0zpqj9 said:
When did I say it was a mistake? :34853_doh:

o sorry...its a bad idea? theres no denying (going by this season stats) that the run game is going to be our weakness, if they correct thet and stop the run its a huge bonus, im not saying it automatically grants the Falcons the win but im failing to see your super confidence in the passing game, yes he's a rookie and for anyone to think that doesnt matter in any way shape or form then your just being dense..has he played great? yes, but come on

rideaducati

Reaction score
DericLee":q9zpk669 said:
Fibonacci":q9zpk669 said:
SeaChase":q9zpk669 said:
Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

Sounds good to me.

PREPARE TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
In the words of Anton Ego (Ratatouille)
"Yes, and you’ve been playing without an opponent, which is, as you may have guessed…against the rules."

The Falcons have simply not faced this kind of Physical Defense, and all the stats in the world mean little when you have the easiest schedule in the NFL!

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
keepertd":a4hh374u said:

You shouldn't be more confident. Statistically speaking, Russell Wilson was better than Matty "Slush" this year. Better QBR, better Passer Rating, better TD/Int ratio, better yards per attempt, better TD%, etc. Matt Ryan threw for 4600 yards (3100 for Wilson), and 6 (32 vs 26) more TD's, but he also had 200+ more passing attempts, against weaker competition.

Why do you think the media is actually recognizing a Seattle QB? It takes ALOT to get noticed out here in Seattle, so it says ALOT when it actually happens. Russell Wilson will freeze your LB's with the Read/Option, then will torch the thin secondary on play action. It's an amazingly simple, but extremely effective offense type, and it's held the Seahawks competitive in EVERY SINGLE GAME this year, including their losses. Put it this way, the Falcons lost by more points to the Carolina Panthers (10), than the Seahawks have lost in any game this year (Worst was by 7 points, in San Francisco). They are a team that will be competitive against ANY team in the NFL, regardless if it's at home or on the road.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
keepertd":1fqd2rsf said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1fqd2rsf said:
When did I say it was a mistake? :34853_doh:

o sorry...its a bad idea? theres no denying (going by this season stats) that the run game is going to be our weakness, if they correct thet and stop the run its a huge bonus, im not saying it automatically grants the Falcons the win but im failing to see your super confidence in the passing game, yes he's a rookie and for anyone to think that doesnt matter in any way shape or form then your just being dense..has he played great? yes, but come on

Alright, I get ya. I was looking at your original concept of 'putting pressure on the rookie QB' as the crux of your point. I'm telling you, we have been in a win-or-go-home menatlity - LED BY OUR ROOKIE QB - for 6 consecutive games. AND WON. Russell Wilson does not feel pressure, he stares down pressure until it withers and piddles in the corner like a Labradoodle puppy.

Like I said, I understand where you're coming from. You'd rather see your D focus on our run game. Understandable. But whatever the Falcons' D tries to do, I am confident that a lot more people are going to understand how special Russell Wilson is after this game.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3lfgyzpr said:
In the words of Anton Ego (Ratatouille)
"Yes, and you’ve been playing without an opponent, which is, as you may have guessed…against the rules."

The Falcons have simply not faced this kind of Physical Defense, and all the stats in the world mean little when you have the easiest schedule in the NFL!

Correction. All the stats in the world mean nothing period. And several examples point to this. It's the NFL and on any given Sunday anything can happen.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
GoHawks1212":mp0p3pvg said:
keepertd":mp0p3pvg said:

You shouldn't be more confident. Statistically speaking, Russell Wilson was better than Matty "Slush" this year. Better QBR, better Passer Rating, better TD/Int ratio, better yards per attempt, better TD%, etc. Matt Ryan threw for 4600 yards (3100 for Wilson), and 6 (32 vs 26) more TD's, but he also had 200+ more passing attempts, against weaker competition.

Why do you think the media is actually recognizing a Seattle QB? It takes ALOT to get noticed out here in Seattle, so it says ALOT when it actually happens. Russell Wilson will freeze your LB's with the Read/Option, then will torch the thin secondary on play action. It's an amazingly simple, but extremely effective offense type, and it's held the Seahawks competitive in EVERY SINGLE GAME this year, including their losses. Put it this way, the Falcons lost by more points to the Carolina Panthers (10), than the Seahawks have lost in any game this year (Worst was by 7 points, in San Francisco). They are a team that will be competitive against ANY team in the NFL, regardless if it's at home or on the road.

Those are some very interesting stats between RW and Matt Ryan in temrs of %s and TD's etc.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Fibonacci":hvzwfhat said:
keepertd":hvzwfhat said:
Largent80":hvzwfhat said:
Hmmmm......We run the ball really well, and you guys aren't very good at stopping it.

Just throwing that out there.

The pressure is squarely on Atlantas shoulders. 0-4 in this regimes playoff history puts all the pressure on you, plus the home field advantage. All at stake against a team with nothing to lose and a bright future.

Face it, Seattle is a VERY dangerous team right now .

honestly i hope the Hawks get 1000000000 yards rushing this game....b/c you can gain as much as you want but it doesnt matter...the score board at the end of the 4th quarter is all that does... just food for thought...you seriously dont think ATL is going to focus on the run after having two weeks?

whats your top two guys in WR again?
rice 700+
tate700-
miller 400

not trying to be labeled as a prick....but there is nothing there to be worried about like there is for Lynch.
you only have 3 guys who have over 30 catches. while we can spread the ball around to 6 guys.

Seattle is efficient. That efficiency fools fans of other teams into thinking that the Seahawks passing game is nothing to be worried about. Fans like you look at stats that include the entire season and think that those stats indicate how the team is playing NOW. I'm sure you've watched the Seahawks play less than three times and you think you know the team...you don't. The offense in the first 8 games of the season is totally different than the one Seattle is running now but those stats are included in what you seem to be using to discredit Seattle's chances in this game. Looking at this Seattle team that way will make you feel good now and leave you wondering how your team got beat so badly later.

If you really want to know what your falcons are going up against (you don't), look at just the second half of the season stats for Seattle. That is a much better indication of how the Seahawks are playing NOW. Two totally different offenses. You'll see Sunday.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Stats don't show plays on the field...

Golden Tate and Zach Miller for example may only get a handful of receptions through a game, but they WILL be crucial catches that extend drives and allow Pete and Co. to feed the Beast.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
@ rideaducati. . .Have you watched more than 3 Falcons games this year? I like how you tell others not to speak in absolutes all the while creating a post inundated with them.

Love it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":1xs3996p said:
CANHawk":1xs3996p said:
Fibonacci":1xs3996p said:
LOL. nice to meet you and you do know some things about us. :th2thumbs:
bab is fat, eh? seems to be able to help us out a lot....heck you interviewed getting Ray Edwards, heck must of your fans here questioned if y'all can still go get him. do you know who replaced Edwards?......that big fat Babinaeux.

just some food for thought.

Yeah, I drew Atlanta in a Madden league last year so I learned a wee bit about them. I don't prefess to be an expert though (but I can admit that I like them).

I call him the "Fat Babineaux" only because we had his brother "Thin Babineaux" in our secondary for what feels like 10 years. But yeah for drama's sake, I hope to hear we signed Ray Edwards to back fill for the injured Chris Clemons soon. We desperately need the depth in our pass rushing DE corps and the added story line would make for good TV. ;)
ok mister nice guy has left the building.

WHAT the dickens you mean you hope to get ray.
- trust me....do not do this. you will regret it, players will hate you.

also you have a great guy called Irvin. the guy should be hitting beast mode next year and continuing to grow into a constant pro bowler.

Lol. Ya see! Look at the drama there mere mention of his NAME brings! That'd make for some must see TV!

Personally, I don't give a rip about his attitude or whatever caused all the problems in Atlanta. He's probablly the best player available on the street to fill a role we find ourselves short in at the moment. IF (big if) he's brought in, it'll be to sit at the bottom of the depth chart as a spare tire just in case (god forbid) something happens to Irvin or Greg Scruggs (who is also probably one of the best players you've never heard of) because we're down to only two guys who can fill a VERY important role on our defense.

No, for all that he's got a well deserved "player's coach" rep, Coach Pete doesn't stand for any "me first" drama. if Ray started to beak off, I don't think Pete would hesitate for one moment to cut him in the middle of the game.