Pick your Poison

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Fibonacci":25i7zmh1 said:
CANHawk":25i7zmh1 said:
Funny thing about that passing game we apparently dont have; our quarterback somehow managed to throw 26 touchdown passes. That's how we roll... run first, run to win, but throw to score. Our offense has proven to be extremely well rounded this year (starting in the second half of the season really). Atlanta seems really one dimensional on offense, and that one dimension unfortunately (for you) plays right to our biggest strength.

Dont be such a stat monkey worrying about haw many 1,000 yard receivers we don't have. This isnt fantasy and this just is NOT the same team that existed prior to week 12.
you been very nice to me. and genararlly I have agreed with what you have said.

I just don't see a passing game though. but since you brought up 26 TD's. then what I wonder is if you have a more so red zone threat, then what I realized.

and we our one dimension a lot. but is it that much of difference then y'all? y'all have a RB with over 1000 yards, but y'alls WR in total yards is not even 3000.
- we have a RB who does not get the yardage. but we kill it in throwing game.
- so if we are one dimensional, then so are y'all.
I read your thread on the other site. I have a pretty good bead on your reasoning. And here is where you are wrong. You are looking at stats trying to figure out what your team does better, somehow thinking that is the key to winning.

That does not mean shit. I have said it before here, stats are the excrement of a game. The remains. If you have not watched at least 5 games from the team you are playing, you can't draw a bead on the matchups. Stats are forensic science, matchups are where you predict. You are looking at the stats to convince yourself what will happen, and that is just about impossible.

The way Pete operates is to use his defense to make your team play left handed. And the way he has our offense set up is to be ambidextrous. Not many teams are built to stop a power run game, an option misdirect game, and an over the top big gain game, things we have on offense. Our defensive philosophy does not always work. Against the Lions we took away Megatron and Stafford threw underneath. But against the Packers we took away the mid range and deep ball and the fearsome Rodgers was able to muster only 12 points. Against Cam we took away the deep ball and the option run and he mustered 3 points. Forget the stats, we won the right matchups. We made Tom Freaking Brady play left handed so to speak, and he scraped together 23 points. Cutler, 17 points. Romo, 7 points. Kaepernick, 2 field goals and a garbage time touchdown against the backups. All different styles with one thing in common, we made them play left handed.

We are not going to stop Matt Ryan like we did Christian Ponder or some of the other league schlubs. We are going to match up and try to make him choose that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th option. Hopefully under some pressure. If the Falcons can execute left handed, props to them. If they can do a little sleight of hand, props to them. And if the Falcons don't establish the run, that makes it even easier make them play left handed.

You probably know more about your team than I do, because I have only watched about 10 of your games this year. But I think I have a pretty good grasp of what you do, and I never looked up one stat until I was done watching the coaches view. Can you say the same? Or are you informed about your team from watching them, but ill informed about ours because you have painted your picture with some numbers?

Largent80

Reaction score
Stats are like handicapping a horse race. You view the past performances in the racing form, and try to get an idea of all the intangibles. But when the gate opens....your jockey could fall off....your horses saddle could slip....another horse simply felt better that day and upset your horse.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2nojqiit said:
Fibonacci":2nojqiit said:
CANHawk":2nojqiit said:
Funny thing about that passing game we apparently dont have; our quarterback somehow managed to throw 26 touchdown passes. That's how we roll... run first, run to win, but throw to score. Our offense has proven to be extremely well rounded this year (starting in the second half of the season really). Atlanta seems really one dimensional on offense, and that one dimension unfortunately (for you) plays right to our biggest strength.

Dont be such a stat monkey worrying about haw many 1,000 yard receivers we don't have. This isnt fantasy and this just is NOT the same team that existed prior to week 12.
you been very nice to me. and genararlly I have agreed with what you have said.

I just don't see a passing game though. but since you brought up 26 TD's. then what I wonder is if you have a more so red zone threat, then what I realized.

and we our one dimension a lot. but is it that much of difference then y'all? y'all have a RB with over 1000 yards, but y'alls WR in total yards is not even 3000.
- we have a RB who does not get the yardage. but we kill it in throwing game.
- so if we are one dimensional, then so are y'all.
I read your thread on the other site. I have a pretty good bead on your reasoning. And here is where you are wrong. You are looking at stats trying to figure out what your team does better, somehow thinking that is the key to winning.

That does not mean shit. I have said it before here, stats are the excrement of a game. The remains. If you have not watched at least 5 games from the team you are playing, you can't draw a bead on the matchups. Stats are forensic science, matchups are where you predict. You are looking at the stats to convince yourself what will happen, and that is just about impossible.

The way Pete operates is to use his defense to make your team play left handed. And the way he has our offense set up is to be ambidextrous. Not many teams are built to stop a power run game, an option misdirect game, and an over the top big gain game, things we have on offense. Our defensive philosophy does not always work. Against the Lions we took away Megatron and Stafford threw underneath. But against the Packers we took away the mid range and deep ball and the fearsome Rodgers was able to muster only 12 points. Against Cam we took away the deep ball and the option run and he mustered 3 points. Forget the stats, we won the right matchups. We made Tom Freaking Brady play left handed so to speak, and he scraped together 23 points. Cutler, 17 points. Romo, 7 points. Kaepernick, 2 field goals and a garbage time touchdown against the backups. All different styles with one thing in common, we made them play left handed.

We are not going to stop Matt Ryan like we did Christian Ponder or some of the other league schlubs. We are going to match up and try to make him choose that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th option. Hopefully under some pressure. If the Falcons can execute left handed, props to them. If they can do a little sleight of hand, props to them. And if the Falcons don't establish the run, that makes it even easier make them play left handed.

You probably know more about your team than I do, because I have only watched about 10 of your games this year. But I think I have a pretty good grasp of what you do, and I never looked up one stat until I was done watching the coaches view. Can you say the same? Or are you informed about your team from watching them, but ill informed about ours because you have painted your picture with some numbers?

Great post, Scott.

keepertd

Reaction score
ensett":2xf9mj7p said:
Its less about total yard and more about efficiency. We are very efficient at passing, Wilson has a higher QB rating and HIGHER yards per attempt than Matt Ryan. Both have a very good completion %

When it comes it rushing, the Seahawks are extremely efficient. Statistically, the Falcons are not.

the thing about the Falcons is they love the screen, they dont always go for major yardage, in fact id say most throws go for short yardage and then when they have the chance they go for the home run, hence why TG has almost 1000 yards receiving