First Pick 2024 Draft

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
UW O Lineman Troy Fautanu has been mocked a lot for our first pick. This team needs to build in the trenches. And trust me on this, he is a BEAST. He likely would play Guard in the NFL to start, but can move over to Tackle if needed. Would be good insurance for our two Tackles, who have obviously had some injury concerns. He is the top-rated Guard entering the Draft. And UW was voted the best O Line in the country.

I wouldn't have any issues with us taking him if he's there at 16. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I've watched him play, and he would instantly help this line.

The great teams are good in the TRENCHES. This is where this team needs to build, imo.

I agree with you, but i'm so gun shy right now from the years of failed attempts, that I would probably just concentrate on the defense and a QB if ones available.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Fair enough. Just feels like the trenches are where this team gets pushed around, a lot. I would be plenty happy with a beast DE or DT. At 16, we could get a hell of a player.
Yes Ive been preaching this since 2023.

DRAFT VERSE.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Fair enough. Just feels like the trenches are where this team gets pushed around, a lot. I would be plenty happy with a beast DE or DT. At 16, we could get a hell of a player.

Or they can draft Brock Bowers... Isn't Fant and Parkinston a FA?

12forlife

Reaction score
For round one, I'm not focused upon any particular position; I want the best player available which DEFINITELY excludes McCarthy. I don't know who falls into that pick 16 range, but I really liked the defensive lineman for Texas when I saw him play.

The team definitely has to reduce salary at safety and tight end. I like the current players, but the team is just over invested in those positions relative to the return. Hence, those are the areas that need addressed in the draft. Reed, the seventh-round pick from last year was a wonderful addition and a real bargain, but the team needs at least one more safety and tight end on rookie deals. Inside linebacker is a huge need as well. I also believe the time is right to get a quarterback on a rookie deal, but I am vehemently opposed to spending a first or second round pick on McCarthy.

Safety, Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Quarterback. I don't care what order, but the team needs salary friendly players in those areas.
While I agree we need to trim the fat on the team that is underpreforming or oft injured. The only player from your wish list of MLB, S & TE that may be available at #16 is Brock Bowers. No safety or LB is worth the #16 pick. Your fooling yourself if you don't believe the new HC is gonna be looking QB early in the draft. If you think a smart coach is gonna roll with a QB that just got a HOF coach fired cause he couldn't unhitch his wagon, then wow? As much as I dislike Geno. IMO Geno starting over McCarthy this year would be a good move.

Mick063

Reaction score
While I agree we need to trim the fat on the team that is underpreforming or oft injured. The only player from your wish list of MLB, S & TE that may be available at #16 is Brock Bowers. No safety or LB is worth the #16 pick. Your fooling yourself if you don't believe the new HC is gonna be looking QB early in the draft. If you think a smart coach is gonna roll with a QB that just got a HOF coach fired cause he couldn't unhitch his wagon, then wow? As much as I dislike Geno. IMO Geno starting over McCarthy this year would be a good move.
I believe I made the following three points with my post:

1) I want the best player available in round one.
2) I'm not set on a particular position for round one.
3) The team needs to reduce salary by drafting at Tight End, Safety, Inside linebacker, and Quarterback, but I don't care which order they are taken.

Please read my post and then read your post again for further clarification. It is obvious to anyone with a lick of sense that all four positions cannot be drafted in round one nor did I ever suggest that ANY of those positions (in point 3) should be. Indeed, I originally suggested defensive tackle as a possible first round pick. Not any of the positions that you listed but defensive tackle. Then you may either a) Admit that you didn't fully comprehend what I had posted or b) Demonstrate an inability to comprehend this post as well which means that all further dialog between us is meaningless and not worth pursuing anymore.

Last edited:

NJlargent

Reaction score
I agree with you, but i'm so gun shy right now from the years of failed attempts, that I would probably just concentrate on the defense and a QB if ones available.
I can appreciate being gun shy but I think the one difference this year is obvious and it feels like there's hope now. I also think we will be bad for a few years but recognized that was a potential with the firing and am willing to endure it. So if a few years of contention are flushed, now is the time to develop the lines or attempt to.

Rat

Reaction score
I think there's a lot to like about McCarthy. I don't really see him going mid-first though. If he tests well, I think he jumps into the top 10 and is in play for the Giants, Titans, and Falcons, or a team trading up. If he doesn't, he's probably a 2nd-3rd rounder.

That's typical though, as it doesn't seem like many QBs go in the middle of the first round anymore. Was curious, so I looked back at the last ten QBs selected in the 14-18 range:

2021 (15th) Mac Jones
2019 (15th) Dwayne Haskins
2013 (16th) EJ Manuel
2009 (17th) Josh Freeman
2008 (18th) Joe Flacco
2000 (18th) Chad Pennington
1991 (16th) Dan McGwire
1983 (14th) Jim Kelly
1983 (15th) Tony Eason
1980 (15th) Marc Wilson

Seahawker

Reaction score
It's likely the best player available at #16 (or even after a trade down) will be a OT or DT. We need to some how reclaim a 2nd rounder so John can work through his draft board. It will take two offseasons to get us back into contention, the 49ers should be headed on the downside of their prime by then.

Rat

Reaction score
Is Lucas' knee not expected to get any better? Seems like a waste to take an OT if it is. I don't think I'd take an interior guy there either unless there's a Quenton Nelson or Chris Lindstrom caliber of player in this draft (I don't know if there is).

12forlife

Reaction score
I believe I made the following three points with my post:

1) I want the best player available in round one.
2) I'm not set on a particular position for round one.
3) The team needs to reduce salary by drafting at Tight End, Safety, Inside linebacker, and Quarterback, but I don't care which order they are taken.

Please read my post and then read your post again for further clarification. It is obvious to anyone with a lick of sense that all four positions cannot be drafted in round one nor did I ever suggest that ANY of those positions (in point 3) should be. Indeed, I originally suggested defensive tackle as a possible first round pick. Not any of the positions that you listed but defensive tackle. Then you may either a) Admit that you didn't fully comprehend what I had posted or b) Demonstrate an inability to comprehend this post as well which means that all further dialog between us is meaningless and not worth pursuing anymore.
Sorry your right you were just stating the obvious needs, but blabbering about what we should do with our 1st pick. Which since you like to state the obvious should be QB, DT or OT.

morgulon1

Reaction score
This next season Jerrick Reed II ,Mike Morris ,the RB they drafted from Georgia come back at full strength. Hopefully.

It's kinda like they're rookies.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Whoever is a BEAST draft him with the first round pick!

I don’t care if he’s a defensive end, nose tackle, defensive tackle, tackle, guard, quarterback, Seattle needs some DAWGS!

Current DAWGS on the Seahawks:

DK Metcalf
Spoon
JSN
Mafe
K9
Lockett
Nwosu

Seattle has like 6/7 great DAWG type players…the rest could all be depth and backups on other teams at this time, honestly…

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team needs to draft another off the ball ILB, or hope one of the early QBs fall. A player like Jayden Daniels would be an awesome pickup.

The weak roster spots are ILB and and OG.

Seattle Person

Reaction score

I actually think Payton Wilson is worth a top 20 pick if his medicals check out. Dude is legit. He makes me go holy crap on his highlights.

Depending on how you view him but I think Cooper DeJean is also a top 20 talent. He's a top 20 talent as a safety or CB for me.

far north

Reaction score
UW O Lineman Troy Fautanu has been mocked a lot for our first pick. This team needs to build in the trenches. And trust me on this, he is a BEAST. He likely would play Guard in the NFL to start, but can move over to Tackle if needed. Would be good insurance for our two Tackles, who have obviously had some injury concerns. He is the top-rated Guard entering the Draft. And UW was voted the best O Line in the country.

I wouldn't have any issues with us taking him if he's there at 16. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I've watched him play, and he would instantly help this line.

The great teams are good in the TRENCHES. This is where this team needs to build, imo.
Id like to see them put an absolute beast beside Cross and run for 5 yards per carry

12forlife

Reaction score
I actually think Payton Wilson is worth a top 20 pick if his medicals check out. Dude is legit. He makes me go holy crap on his highlights.

Depending on how you view him but I think Cooper DeJean is also a top 20 talent. He's a top 20 talent as a safety or CB for me.
Wilson is a stud, but I hope we're not taking a guy with injury flags in the 1st round.
DeJean now he is interesting as a Safety prospect has a nose for the ball, sure tackler that doesnt seem to head hunt, not twitchy enough to be a CB in the NFL imo.
I hope at #16 or slight trade down we look this direction.
1 QBOTF
2 DL Newton
3 OT I think we may need to replace Lucas - ( OT Taliese Fuaga or JC Latham) then bump Lucas to Gaurd.
4 DeJean
5 CB Arnold - Wollen is suspect
6 DE Tuner/Verse - Hall is not NFL quality