First Pick 2024 Draft

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I know almost everyone is interested in the HC hire, but I was curious about J.J. McCarthy to the Seahawks at pick 16. All I know about him is what's on the net and from watching him in the NCAA championship game. A lot of (very) early mock drafts have Seattle picking McCarthy in the first round. They also have Penix going in the top 10.

calinator

Reaction score
I don't want them reaching at a QB if they don't think he's good enough or a fit. I'd like to see them trade up for a QB they like and if not then draft OL or especially DL early.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I know almost everyone is interested in the HC hire, but I was curious about J.J. McCarthy to the Seahawks at pick 16. All I know about him is what's on the net and from watching him in the NCAA championship game. A lot of (very) early mock drafts have Seattle picking McCarthy in the first round. They also have Penix going in the top 10.
Big thread on McCarthy here, if interested: https://www.seahawks.net/threads/jj-mccarthy-just-declared-for-the-draft.195094/

xray

Reaction score
Will there be any linemen available in the 1st round ?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Whoever Ben johnson wants is fine with me. :)
I see what you did there^___^, but, I agree I wouldn't mind seeing Ben JOhnson be our next HC ...Just want him to bring in a Slamin' DC to supplant Clint Hurtttttt ;-)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
UW O Lineman Troy Fautanu has been mocked a lot for our first pick. This team needs to build in the trenches. And trust me on this, he is a BEAST. He likely would play Guard in the NFL to start, but can move over to Tackle if needed. Would be good insurance for our two Tackles, who have obviously had some injury concerns. He is the top-rated Guard entering the Draft. And UW was voted the best O Line in the country.

I wouldn't have any issues with us taking him if he's there at 16. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I've watched him play, and he would instantly help this line.

The great teams are good in the TRENCHES. This is where this team needs to build, imo.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I have no idea about Fautanu but I agree 100% we need to develop the trenches. Either a OL or a DL unless a QBOTF unexpectedly is there at 16.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
UW O Lineman Troy Fautanu has been mocked a lot for our first pick. This team needs to build in the trenches. And trust me on this, he is a BEAST. He likely would play Guard in the NFL to start, but can move over to Tackle if needed. Would be good insurance for our two Tackles, who have obviously had some injury concerns. He is the top-rated Guard entering the Draft. And UW was voted the best O Line in the country.

I wouldn't have any issues with us taking him if he's there at 16. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I've watched him play, and he would instantly help this line.

The great teams are good in the TRENCHES. This is where this team needs to build, imo.
I'm all for it if we can't be reasonably confident in Abe's knee. I might have trouble passing on some of the defensive talent available if we still have Lucas penciled in at RT.

Fautanu does look fun though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think John will seriously consider QB there if he hires a guy like Johnson and if he hires Quinn/Vrabel he's going for the trenches. That's my guess.

Lucas could also potentially slide in if they see a dominant can't miss RT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If that's the case, it better not be Mccarthy. He's 20 years old and not close to being ready to start in the NFL.

CORRECTION: He turned 21 4 days ago.

Last edited:

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I’m liking this more and more. Need to build up the trenches. Trade down and get him or Barton. Also could go sweat, Murphy or newton in my opinion but there are some good dt’s day 2 and 3 of this draft but the trenches are where we need to focus

Aircrew

Reaction score

100% agree.

12forlife

Reaction score
I think John will seriously consider QB there if he hires a guy like Johnson and if he hires Quinn/Vrabel he's going for the trenches. That's my guess.

Lucas could also potentially slide in if they see a dominant can't miss RT.
I've also heard "rumors", if the right LT is is available draft Player X, then move Cross to RT, and slide Lucas to G? This could be a option, considering Cross is not a dominate LT?

Mick063

Reaction score
For round one, I'm not focused upon any particular position; I want the best player available which DEFINITELY excludes McCarthy. I don't know who falls into that pick 16 range, but I really liked the defensive lineman for Texas when I saw him play.

The team definitely has to reduce salary at safety and tight end. I like the current players, but the team is just over invested in those positions relative to the return. Hence, those are the areas that need addressed in the draft. Reed, the seventh-round pick from last year was a wonderful addition and a real bargain, but the team needs at least one more safety and tight end on rookie deals. Inside linebacker is a huge need as well. I also believe the time is right to get a quarterback on a rookie deal, but I am vehemently opposed to spending a first or second round pick on McCarthy.

Safety, Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Quarterback. I don't care what order, but the team needs salary friendly players in those areas.

Last edited: