OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
iigakusei":34u2ji81 said:
FlyingGreg":34u2ji81 said:
Fibonacci":34u2ji81 said:
yeah stupid TURNER

but turner does have 11 TD's. while Lynch has 12.
- turner is still a threat in the endzone.

You can't possibly be using TD's as a measurement of a RB's succes...right?

Lynch outgained Turner by 800 YARDS.

Your team has a potent offense....but it is much scarier when Rodgers is on the field. Turner is basically TJ Duckett at this point in his career. Please don't compare Turner to Lynch...that is like me saying Golden Tate is a better WR than Roddy White....they have the same amount of TD's.
I'm not saying they are the same at all. I even gave Lynch a ton of credit in early post.

all I said was Turner has one less touchdowns. and that he is a redzone threat....that was all I was meaning, "he is a red zone threat".

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
ensett":2wqw7ixa said:
I dont agree that TDs make him a redzone threat. Hes fat, hes slow, he has no moves, hes averaged 3 yards per carry the 2nd half of the season. He is so bad that its embarrassing. Its cute that he gets touchdowns and all, but hes only getting them because hes getting a lot of opportunities.
just but everyone of his TD's has come from the redzone. I recall one TD that was for 17 yards. but besides that I do not recall one that was more then 10 yards.

jewhawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":2lrkf9pc said:
so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
Because statistically, Seattle is a better team than Atlanta. By DVOA, Seattle is ranked #1 to Atlanta's #10. By ANS Team Efficiency Rankings, Seattle is #3 to Atlanta's #7. By Sagarin Ratings, Seattle is #2 to Atlanta's #6. Seattle's yards per play differential (offensive ypp minus defensive ypp) is +0.7 to Atlanta's -0.1. Seattle's point differential is +167 to Atlanta's +120. The only area where Atlanta is better statistically than Seattle is wins, and wins are not as good at predicting future results as the above stats. Seattle faced the #4 schedule (by DVOA) and Atlanta faced the #27 schedule.

Seattle also matches up well against Atlanta. Your strength is the best group of receiving weapons in the league, but they haven't faced a secondary like ours. The games where our defense has struggled has been against better rushing attacks, but Michael Turner is old, fat, and slow, and every time he gets the ball will be a good thing for the Seahawks. Jacquizz Rodgers is a nice change of pace back, but he's not someone like Peterson, Gore, Spiller, or Morris that can run through our defense.

Fibonacci":2lrkf9pc said:
anyhow, so what teams have we played?
Of the five games you listed, I'll give the Falcons credit for dismantling the Eagles and Giants. But like you said, the Eagles are a bad team and you were coming off a bye. The Cowboys game was a home night game that could have gone either way. Atlanta averaged 7.2 yards per play that game to Dallas's 7.0. Narrowly beating a mediocre team in a home game on SNF isn't a brag-worthy win. Denver and Washington actually outplayed Atlanta in those games despite losing. Denver averaged 5.0 yards per play to Atlanta's 4.2 and were only behind because Peyton Manning had an uncharacteristic 1st quarter. If that game was 75 minutes long, Denver probably would have completed the comeback. Washington averaged 6.6 yards per play to Atlanta's 5.2 and was leading until Kirk Cousins had to come in for his first NFL regular season action.

Atlanta is a very good team, but they're not the best team in the league as 13-3 might suggest. Playing at home and coming off a bye is a huge advantage compared to traveling from Seattle to Washington back to Seattle and then to Atlanta in a week, so I'm not suggesting this should be an easy game or a guaranteed win for the Seahawks. But there's good reason that Vegas has the Seahawks as the most likely of the road teams to get a win this weekend.

madbohem

Reaction score
All the weapons in the world in the passing game doesn't mean much if the QB can't perform under pressure. This has been Ryan's knock. Has he improved? Absolutely. Yet the regular season does not have a single game that is win or go home. That is a crucial difference in pressure.

Taking a read from Greg Cosell, pressure seems to be the one thing Ryan still has trouble with. I am not sure that the pressure in the pocket that Cosell is referring to can be equated to a win or go home situation, but considering Atlanta's past performances in the playoffs, this might indeed be true. This is an area of where I can imagine Sherman getting inside a guy's head. Hey, if Brady can succumb to be goaded into a mistake, I am pretty sure there is a chance Ryan could as well. This isn't a fact, its just something to consider.

While there are no receivers on the Seahawks with big stats for the season, Tate, Baldwin, Rice, and Miller are all very capable guys. Tate in particular is showing up this year with big catches, and no I am not talking about what happen in the Green Bay game. His YAC is crazy at times and he can outright out jump and get the ball against anyone. While our running game is big and known, this is an area I would not under rate if forced to abandon the running game. And the fact is, even if we abandon the running game, with Wilson there, its never really abandoned.

One thing people forget about Browner is that he might get beat, but he certainly knows how to strip a ball. Even with the lose of Clemons, Pete has a lot of different looks and ways of using personnel this team is comfortable with using, even if they haven't used it this year. For example, a very fast, high speed Bandit package.

But what makes me really trust this team is that they can outright out physical anyone. Even if they don't want to be physical.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
so someone asked what Defenses have we played.

Denver broncos.
ranked 2 in total
ranked 3 for passing

Cardinals
ranked 5 in passing

eagles
ranked 9 in passing

so what did we do on those games?
Denver
- our D kept giving us to good of field position.
- so matt only had 219
- white 100+ 1TD
- Gonzalez 70 1TD
- Julio 17

Cardinals
- man did they eat matt up with his bad off day. how many intercepeptions did he throw....but we did win the game.
- ryan threw for over 300
- white 100+
- 5 other people had 20-50 yards.

Eagles
- Ryan 262
- julio 100+ 1TD
- 4 other players with 20 - 40

I only did this for passing. because mainly that is the only thing most of you all are concerned with. also broncos/cardinals have a better passing protection then you do. y'all are bad, just saying.

side note: I am a little shocked y'all are not penalized that much. I know the falcons are #1 at that. we only gave up 650+. but y'all are not bad as well....only 900.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci, Foghorn... how do you feel about Pokemon and Karate? Sorry. Inside joke.

No, you bring some good points. You have some great talents on offense, but Jones, White and Gonzo don't scare me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that to be condecending, they obviously concern me because they're great but I think we match up well against them with Sherman and Browner on the WR's and some kind of combo of Chancellor and Wagner on Gonzo. I think they'll be more or less 'contained' (they'll put up stats of course, but nothing gaudy). I absolutely LOVE Michael Turner, but what he brings isn't going to work against this team. Between Alan Branch, Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant, there's just WAY too much beef up front for him to try and plow through.

The guys that DO scare me are Harry Douglass and Jaquizz Rodgers. Douglass is a very good player and we're going to have either a rookie Jeremy Lane or whatever's left of Marcus Trufant covering him in the slot. There could be lots of opportunities to take advantage if we're not careful. Quizzy brings that speed to get around the end and that has been our Achillies heel against the run as of late. Earl and Kam are going to need to be on high alert when that little shit lines up in the backfield because Red has been having problems sealing the end. He's just the type of back that could burn us real bad if we're not careful.

Your defense however does not scare me at all. Not even a little bit. You've got the fat Babineaux, old man Abraham and that's about it. They don't really concern me. We just mopped the floor with the great London Fletcher, who in case you hadn't heard is the greatest defensive player in the history of football.

Really, I think this game is going to be a bit of a shootout. If our defense can slow down the big offensive machine that ATL rolls out and our O can wrack up the time of possession with the run game, we should be able to gut this one out (but we're going to need to put up some big points regardless). I'm definately not looking past the Falcons, they're no joke. I sure am glad that it's in a dome on a synthetic field though. That's a fast track and our defense is built for speed. Expect BIG things from Bruce Irvin. Dude has a big chip on his shoulder and will be looking to put up a big game to silence whatever critics might still be around (too many peole called him "the worst first round draft pick ever" and I think it kinda made him mad).

hawker84

Reaction score
Fibonacci, Foghorn... how do you feel about Pokemon and Karate? Sorry. Inside joke

come back Picha come back.. still waiting to hear from Hogster too.. you won't be forgotten big boy......

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Wow Fibonacci, a rare fan that actually discuses their team intelligently, hats off to you.

I think the pick your poison is the other way around though. Are the Falcons going to sell out to stop the run, or the pass? The Hawks match up well with the Falcons because they do not have to make that choice.

I think from a Seahawk game plan you will see A LOT of man match ups on the outside and zone underneath. The game plan for the hawks will be to make the falcons drive the field 10-15 plays to get a score. They will attempt to make them dink and dunk for a score and hope to capitalize on mistakes. I think the hawks might show their big nickle and bandit packages a lot this game. That way they can attack with the blitz, not lose much in run support and have a faster better cover guy on Tony in a large safety and not a LB.

The last important detail I think is can the falcons score TD's in the red zone. Seattle has been really good at getting TO's and making teams kick field goals. If they can score more TD's then kicks, I think it should be a great day for ATL.

I think the keys to the game are will the falcons be able to run just enough to keep the Hawks honest and can they stop the run to not allow Seattle to grind away at will and keep possession of the ball.

jewhawk

Reaction score
Fibo - the Eagles ranked 32nd in pass defense DVOA. The only reason they ranked 9th in pass yards against is because they were 31st in opponents pass attempts. That is a terrible pass defense. Against Denver and Arizona, Ryan had 6.1 and 6.5 Y/A respectively in those games, both over a full yard below his season 7.7 average. Atlanta's offense faced the 32nd ranked schedule based on defensive DVOA.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
jewhawk":3mzecacl said:
Fibonacci":3mzecacl said:
so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
Because statistically, Seattle is a better team than Atlanta. By DVOA, Seattle is ranked #1 to Atlanta's #10. By ANS Team Efficiency Rankings, Seattle is #3 to Atlanta's #7. By Sagarin Ratings, Seattle is #2 to Atlanta's #6. Seattle's yards per play differential (offensive ypp minus defensive ypp) is +0.7 to Atlanta's -0.1. Seattle's point differential is +167 to Atlanta's +120. The only area where Atlanta is better statistically than Seattle is wins, and wins are not as good at predicting future results as the above stats. Seattle faced the #4 schedule (by DVOA) and Atlanta faced the #27 schedule.

Seattle also matches up well against Atlanta. Your strength is the best group of receiving weapons in the league, but they haven't faced a secondary like ours. The games where our defense has struggled has been against better rushing attacks, but Michael Turner is old, fat, and slow, and every time he gets the ball will be a good thing for the Seahawks. Jacquizz Rodgers is a nice change of pace back, but he's not someone like Peterson, Gore, Spiller, or Morris that can run through our defense.

Fibonacci":3mzecacl said:
anyhow, so what teams have we played?
Of the five games you listed, I'll give the Falcons credit for dismantling the Eagles and Giants. But like you said, the Eagles are a bad team and you were coming off a bye. The Cowboys game was a home night game that could have gone either way. Atlanta averaged 7.2 yards per play that game to Dallas's 7.0. Narrowly beating a mediocre team in a home game on SNF isn't a brag-worthy win. Denver and Washington actually outplayed Atlanta in those games despite losing. Denver averaged 5.0 yards per play to Atlanta's 4.2 and were only behind because Peyton Manning had an uncharacteristic 1st quarter. If that game was 75 minutes long, Denver probably would have completed the comeback. Washington averaged 6.6 yards per play to Atlanta's 5.2 and was leading until Kirk Cousins had to come in for his first NFL regular season action.

Atlanta is a very good team, but they're not the best team in the league as 13-3 might suggest. Playing at home and coming off a bye is a huge advantage compared to traveling from Seattle to Washington back to Seattle and then to Atlanta in a week, so I'm not suggesting this should be an easy game or a guaranteed win for the Seahawks. But there's good reason that Vegas has the Seahawks as the most likely of the road teams to get a win this weekend.
trying to stay respectful. because the media has really ticked us off with this ranking crap.

I do not know how many times we here oh eagles are ranked in top ten...then the falcons crush them. Giants were top 3 until we destroyed them. manning in week one was at the top of the list and we beat them and they were not heard about for a long time.
so anyhow I hate the media and rankings. this is not college to where #1 Notre is going to face #2 Bama.\

bragging about a win on SNF....is something to take note at. because almost every team prepares more so for big night games then they do any other game. also Dallas was fighting to win their division.
- also falcons in the past 4 years (you know the ones where we chocked in playoffs), well we also stunk at big night games.

also you know how many times Vegas has been wrong? heck go look up the falcons for the past 4 years. every time they say we are a SB team. and so far this year we have been nothing but thrown in the mud behind the browns. and I thank the media for ticking off the falcons. not only did it make us win hard road games, not only did it push us to lock up our division ASAP, but they are continuing to do it. the latest it has helped us on is keeping mike smith very quiet to where the players are not even talking....usually he lets out what is going to take place, but not this year. Also most teams in byes rest and go on vacations....not this time we started practice last weeks.

we are no where near the same old falcons. and if you want to go off of rankings souly....then just tell me what happened to all these teams who had better rankings then us and was made a laughing joke out of?

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
CANHawk":14js0y4h said:
Fibonacci, Foghorn... how do you feel about Pokemon and Karate? Sorry. Inside joke.

No, you bring some good points. You have some great talents on offense, but Jones, White and Gonzo don't scare me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that to be condecending, they obviously concern me because they're great but I think we match up well against them with Sherman and Browner on the WR's and some kind of combo of Chancellor and Wagner on Gonzo. I think they'll be more or less 'contained' (they'll put up stats of course, but nothing gaudy). I absolutely LOVE Michael Turner, but what he brings isn't going to work against this team. Between Alan Branch, Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant, there's just WAY too much beef up front for him to try and plow through.

The guys that DO scare me are Harry Douglass and Jaquizz Rodgers. Douglass is a very good player and we're going to have either a rookie Jeremy Lane or whatever's left of Marcus Trufant covering him in the slot. There could be lots of opportunities to take advantage if we're not careful. Quizzy brings that speed to get around the end and that has been our Achillies heel against the run as of late. Earl and Kam are going to need to be on high alert when that little shit lines up in the backfield because Red has been having problems sealing the end. He's just the type of back that could burn us real bad if we're not careful.

Your defense however does not scare me at all. Not even a little bit. You've got the fat Babineaux, old man Abraham and that's about it. They don't really concern me. We just mopped the floor with the great London Fletcher, who in case you hadn't heard is the greatest defensive player in the history of football.

Really, I think this game is going to be a bit of a shootout. If our defense can slow down the big offensive machine that ATL rolls out and our O can wrack up the time of possession with the run game, we should be able to gut this one out (but we're going to need to put up some big points regardless). I'm definately not looking past the Falcons, they're no joke. I sure am glad that it's in a dome on a synthetic field though. That's a fast track and our defense is built for speed. Expect BIG things from Bruce Irvin. Dude has a big chip on his shoulder and will be looking to put up a big game to silence whatever critics might still be around (too many peole called him "the worst first round draft pick ever" and I think it kinda made him mad).
LOL. nice to meet you and you do know some things about us. :th2thumbs:
bab is fat, eh? seems to be able to help us out a lot....heck you interviewed getting Ray Edwards, heck must of your fans here questioned if y'all can still go get him. do you know who replaced Edwards?......that big fat Babinaeux.

just some food for thought.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hmmmm......We run the ball really well, and you guys aren't very good at stopping it.

Just throwing that out there.

The pressure is squarely on Atlantas shoulders. 0-4 in this regimes playoff history puts all the pressure on you, plus the home field advantage. All at stake against a team with nothing to lose and a bright future.

Face it, Seattle is a VERY dangerous team right now .

jewhawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":35lzn1ih said:
we are no where near the same old falcons. and if you want to go off of rankings souly....then just tell me what happened to all these teams who had better rankings then us and was made a laughing joke out of?
Nothing in my post had anything to do with the media or any of their power rankings lists. Power rankings aren't close to the same thing as stats.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Fibonacci":1c8pr6hx said:
but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

What a coincidence! That's what happened in the divisional round of the 2012/13 playoffs too! Fancy that!

LOL. Seriously, it's going to be a spectacle, a nail-biting, edge-of-the-seat, matchup. The fact that we just lost our best edge rushing DL is troubling, but I'm confident in the Seahawks' ability to step up and deliver. It's going to be a battle at every position, and our team is built for the 15-round heavyweight fight!

keepertd

Reaction score
Largent80":3g40jmro said:
Hmmmm......We run the ball really well, and you guys aren't very good at stopping it.

The pressure is squarely on Atlantas shoulders. 0-4 in this regimes playoff history puts all the pressure on you, plus the home field advantage. All at stake against a team with nothing to lose and a bright future.

honestly i hope the Hawks get 1000000000 yards rushing this game....b/c you can gain as much as you want but it doesnt matter...the score board at the end of the 4th quarter is all that does... just food for thought...you seriously dont think ATL is going to focus on the run after having two weeks?

brutalron

Reaction score
Throwdown":2nq3ka6n said:
Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

I absolutely agree. Browner is a good corner but nowhere near the level of Sherman.

Largent80

Reaction score
keepertd":h0tlw50e said:
Largent80":h0tlw50e said:

honestly i hope the Hawks get 1000000000 yards rushing this game....b/c you can gain as much as you want but it doesnt matter...the score board at the end of the 4th quarter is all that does... just food for thought...you seriously dont think ATL is going to focus on the run after having two weeks?

Focus on the run and we will throw....pretty simple. We are NOT one dimensional. Did you see us destroy the 49ers?.

keepertd

Reaction score
Largent80":ll2yleoo said:
keepertd":ll2yleoo said:
Largent80":ll2yleoo said:

Focus on the run and we will throw....pretty simple.

id much rather have the pressure of a 2nd round playoff game going on the shoulders of your rookie QB...im not dissing the guy in anyway, but if the Falcons make the Hawks throw, im definatly 100000% more confident in our chances

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
keepertd":1l66cbw7 said:
Largent80":1l66cbw7 said:

whats your top two guys in WR again?
rice 700+
tate700-
miller 400

not trying to be labeled as a prick....but there is nothing there to be worried about like there is for Lynch.
you only have 3 guys who have over 30 catches. while we can spread the ball around to 6 guys.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":3jsmgfdt said:
LOL. nice to meet you and you do know some things about us. :th2thumbs:
bab is fat, eh? seems to be able to help us out a lot....heck you interviewed getting Ray Edwards, heck must of your fans here questioned if y'all can still go get him. do you know who replaced Edwards?......that big fat Babinaeux.

just some food for thought.

Yeah, I drew Atlanta in a Madden league last year so I learned a wee bit about them. I don't prefess to be an expert though (but I can admit that I like them).

I call him the "Fat Babineaux" only because we had his brother "Thin Babineaux" in our secondary for what feels like 10 years. But yeah for drama's sake, I hope to hear we signed Ray Edwards to back fill for the injured Chris Clemons soon. We desperately need the depth in our pass rushing DE corps and the added story line would make for good TV. ;)