First Pick 2024 Draft

KinesProf

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels if he falls.

Dejean could add a versatile piece to the secondary.

And when in doubt - go trenches. There should be good guys on both sides of the ball. DLs Newton and Murphy. OLs Latham, Fautanu, Fuaga, Mims, Barton, Guyton, Morgan, Powers-Johnson could be a big riser. A number of those guys could play inside if Abe gets healthy. Can never have too many good players on the lines. Oline class looks really good in this draft.

I really like Rattler, but I'm not confident he goes in that range unless a big rise is coming.

bigcc

Reaction score
Or they can draft Brock Bowers... Isn't Fant and Parkinston a FA?
Bowers isn't going to slide to 16, I'd be surprised if he even makes it to 10. He's a day one legitimate matchup nightmare.

Back to reality, geno is 33 and getting paid wayyy too much.... This is the deepest qb class in a long time, nows the time to grab someone for the future. QB's on rookie contracts are incredibly valuable,as you all should know with russ.

That being said, jj Mccarthy (mentioned elsewhere in the thread) is NOT the guy, he's behind Caleb/maye/jayden/penix/bo minimum.

If he's available in the 3rd and we didn't take a qb in the 1st MAYBE.

In the 5 games he played against ranked teams he threw for 720 yards and 4 tds, while running for 72 yards.

Exciting stuff

RockinHawks

Reaction score
If a top QB doesn't fall in round 1... I'd look at Rattler or Milton (mid round) to develop. Bring back Lock for a year or two, and start building up the trenches. Gonna be some good OL and DL talent in round 1.

bigcc

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels if he falls.

Dejean could add a versatile piece to the secondary.

And when in doubt - go trenches. There should be good guys on both sides of the ball. DLs Newton and Murphy. OLs Latham, Fautanu, Fuaga, Mims, Barton, Guyton, Morgan, Powers-Johnson could be a big riser. A number of those guys could play inside if Abe gets healthy. Can never have too many good players on the lines. Oline class looks really good in this draft.

I really like Rattler, but I'm not confident he goes in that range unless a big rise is coming.
No chance jayden falls that far unless he gets hurt or in trouble by the draft.

And I might weep if we take rattler. People say penix is too old but he's 3.5 months older than rattler and 2.5 months younger than bo.

I don't think age is an issue at all, I'd rather have a rookie qb contract covering 23 or 24 to 28 or 29 before the real payday than 21-26 needing years of development like Richardson last year.

With that being said, he's not the guy lol.

Booed by his own crowd, he's slow and not evasive (like 4.8 slow), nothing really stands out to me he's probably going day 3 he really should have come back for the final year to polish up and be in a weaker draft class.

Chawker

Reaction score
Draft wis, we're in a good position and have alot of options. If a draftable player drops to us, then we take him. Or we could trade back a few spots and take a interior line men. But whom ever we take needs to be a solid blue chip player.

If we do the trade back thing then defensive line could be a good selection.

Player drop and select Rome Odunze

Trade down and select Byron Murphy

Cheers

bigcc

Reaction score
Draft wis, we're in a good position and have alot of options. If a draftable player drops to us, then we take him. Or we could trade back a few spots and take a interior line men. But whom ever we take needs to be a solid blue chip player.

Cheers
If you draft odunze you gotta move lockett, almost literally

Tough cap spot and lose more moving dk or jsn, and there's no excuse for that much capital invested at wr for 4 guys lol

Trading down for Murphy I can get on board with though

12forlife

Reaction score
No chance jayden falls that far unless he gets hurt or in trouble by the draft.

And I might weep if we take rattler. People say penix is too old but he's 3.5 months older than rattler and 2.5 months younger than bo.

I don't think age is an issue at all, I'd rather have a rookie qb contract covering 23 or 24 to 28 or 29 before the real payday than 21-26 needing years of development like Richardson last year.

With that being said, he's not the guy lol.

Booed by his own crowd, he's slow and not evasive (like 4.8 slow), nothing really stands out to me he's probably going day 3 he really should have come back for the final year to polish up and be in a weaker draft class.

You really need to watch him at South Carolina. He still needs to sit a year, but he didn't have a great Oline, and proved he can be dangerous on the move/rollout. BTW Rattler isn't slow, he is all of as elusive as Mahomes.

12forlife

Reaction score

Cheers
Murphy was a stud @ Texas. 6'1" 280lbs? No thanks he will get pushed around in the NFL, we arent stopping the run with small guys in the trenches, we NEED T'Vondre Sweat 6'4 360lbs 0 tech run stuffer, with pass rush abilities believe he had 6 sacks this year.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Wilson is a stud, but I hope we're not taking a guy with injury flags in the 1st round.
DeJean now he is interesting as a Safety prospect has a nose for the ball, sure tackler that doesnt seem to head hunt, not twitchy enough to be a CB in the NFL imo.
I hope at #16 or slight trade down we look this direction.
1 QBOTF
2 DL Newton
3 OT I think we may need to replace Lucas - ( OT Taliese Fuaga or JC Latham) then bump Lucas to Gaurd.
4 DeJean
5 CB Arnold - Wollen is suspect
6 DE Tuner/Verse - Hall is not NFL quality
Lucas to guard? 6' 6" is pretty tall for a guard. Lucas is going to have a difficult time winning the leverage battle against shorter DTs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I believe I made the following three points with my post:

1) I want the best player available in round one.
2) I'm not set on a particular position for round one.
3) The team needs to reduce salary by drafting at Tight End, Safety, Inside linebacker, and Quarterback, but I don't care which order they are taken.

Please read my post and then read your post again for further clarification. It is obvious to anyone with a lick of sense that all four positions cannot be drafted in round one nor did I ever suggest that ANY of those positions (in point 3) should be. Indeed, I originally suggested defensive tackle as a possible first round pick. Not any of the positions that you listed but defensive tackle. Then you may either a) Admit that you didn't fully comprehend what I had posted or b) Demonstrate an inability to comprehend this post as well which means that all further dialog between us is meaningless and not worth pursuing anymore.
Excellent post.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I want Jayden Daniels. I'm willing to shoot for the moon on a once in a lifetime player. His build reminds me of Randall Cunningham who was an elite passing imho.

renofox

Reaction score
Lucas to guard? 6' 6" is pretty tall for a guard. Lucas is going to have a difficult time winning the leverage battle against shorter DTs.
There's quite a few OTs in the draft who have also proven the ability to play well at guard, including some day 1 and 2 players.

I hope JS is able to land one of them. Starters and depth are both an extreme need.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Murphy was a stud @ Texas. 6'1" 280lbs? No thanks he will get pushed around in the NFL, we arent stopping the run with small guys in the trenches, we NEED T'Vondre Sweat 6'4 360lbs 0 tech run stuffer, with pass rush abilities believe he had 6 sacks this year.
There are a ton of 280 lb. inside/out linemen in the NFL.

That being said, Murphy is listed at 308.