Pick #64, 2nd Round: OT Justin Britt, Missouri

Snohomie

Reaction score
That Georgia game is embarrassing. I wouldn't agree that Britt dominated Clowney, but he did a much better job with Clowney than he did vs Georgia. He doesn't do a very good job playing to the whistle, but I suspect Cable will fix that in short order. Britt has surprisingly good feet for 325lbs, but at the same time he will really need to learn how to handle a bull rush, because he gave ground way too easily.

Kind of a puzzling pick. But we've seen Cable do more with less, so we'll have to see it play out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Who care if he shut out Clowney? Clowney had 3 sacks last year. A lot of guys shut out Clowney.

I don't hate the pick, and I don't like it. He is a right tackle, like Carp, who can play guard if he busts at RT. Like Carp. He is already a better LT than McQ, but who isn't?

My biggest issue, though, is he played from a 2 point stance in a spread. He has a lot to learn.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone posted this but I thought it was great. Ha ha

MorrisonBlockedToOblivion.gif

irocdave

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2tfnd9j6 said:
I'm beginning to wonder if some Seahawks.net posters watched this team win the Super Bowl.

This dude's got the measurables, Cable will add the toughness, and *BAM* Awesome pick. Seriously, he could be better than Jake Matthews.

Really, what do some of you want? Breno was a mauler, people here hated him, and now they've got someone with more finesse. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

I'm beginning to wonder if you have watched or listened to 30+ years of drafts? You can only "coach" so much, the player has to have a solid base to begin with. Can you honestly say you have watched any film of the first two Hawks drafts picks prior to the Hawks drafting them? I say your a liar if you say yes. We are not PC/JS but they have swung and missed on draft picks just like the 31 other teams. Round 3 - 5 are where this duo have proven to make the difference, 2015 will be the crucible.

As I said before, this draft means nothing as this duo provided us with our first Lombardi. This is etched in stone and I and my family will forever be grateful for it.

This is this year though. View it with open eyes, things can change quickly.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
good pick in my book....45-0 state wrestling champ says he is a competitor to me and I like what I am learning about the guy so far. Cable knows his picks and John Schneider is the Jedi draft master. I am good having these two picks in...now give me an under the radar, awesome DE pick, a late round tall receiver and DeAnthony Thomas for punt returns and I am thrilled.

Rainger

Reaction score
Don't forget we got Breno off the GB practice squad and he was a 5th rounder and in the end, most were happy with his play. He wasn't an all star but we all loved his attitude and work ethic and he helped win a Superbowl.

This guy will work out to be a good pick.

Breno 6.7 318
Justin 6.6 325

kearly

Reaction score
Interesting guy. In the Georgia game he gets blown back so badly you'd think he was John Carlson, but on running plays he's returning the favor. Probably has good core power, but might have issues with balance.

Seabean

Reaction score
kearly":13pm7oj0 said:
Interesting guy. In the Georgia game he gets blown back so badly you'd think he was John Carlson, but on running plays he's returning the favor. Probably has good core power, but might have issues with balance.

Huh... interesting. Listening to Cable's press conference is really enlightening (about the whole o-line really). What struck me was how Cable said that he felt Britt looked awkward playing left tackle- that he would make some strange missteps. I wonder if this is contributing to what you are seeing here. Thanks for the report, Kearly.

Also, it seems that Cable, in his way, is REALLY excited about Carp's potential this year. I never thought he was as problematic as has often been suggested, and I am looking forward to his performance if he is healthy and in better shape this year.

Reaction score
kearly":aampi54a said:

I know which is weird with him having a wrestling back ground because in that sport you have to have good balance. All we can do is wait and see huh.

nepahawk

Reaction score
I can honestly say, I know nothing about this kid.
I watched his combine footage and was not impressed in the least.
I then watched the videos from the op, all the aggressive attitude seemed to come against smaller cb, s.

Not a big fan of this pick as of now, we'll see how everything pans out.
Our staff definitely knows more than me.
I have faith that they see something I don't.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3b90nchi said:
:sarcasm_on:
Hawknballs":3b90nchi said:
I gave up discussing their picks a while ago.

we needed oline and WR and we got them.
Yep. I never heard of them so it's good news and likely another awesome pick.I love being a Seahawk fan . And he's a Mizzou guy.:)

Woohoo! A Tiger! J-school, class of '97 here. :)

Listening to Justin Britt on the .com draft room feed, he sounded a lot like Max Unger to me. With his versatility he could be a Breno / McQuistan hybrid who can plug in here, there, and everywhere while he's getting his NFL Sea(hawk) legs. But yeah, Cable wants him competing at RT to begin.

Can't wait for tomorrow's mimosa-sipping Saturday-morning draft-viewing! :thirishdrinkers:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
His arms are tiny his ankles are short and he doesn't like ivars clam chowder. Bad pick f-.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I really like this pick. He has everything the Seahawks like in an offensive linemen. He can move, he can get to the next level quickly and he has the build and athletic ability to play multiple positions.

I think that he needs to add some muscle and build up his strength a little bit. He can get bullrushed by stronger defensive linemen on occasion. Most of this time its because of a breakdown of fundamentals on his part like not setting up well in his stance in pass blocking and getting off balance.

He's a good guy for the zone blocking scheme and he plays all the way through till the whistle, which Cable loves. Schemewise the techniques and blocking schemes that Missouri used are simpler, but fundamentally similar to the Seahawks run blocking scheme. I expect that this kid can step in and contribute reasonably early. Although I think a year, with a full offseason in a strength and conditioning program could do absolute wonders for him.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tech Worlds":2f7q3q8z said:
Couldn't we have gotten this guy a round or two later?

Don't like this one either.

Word from the main man is no; he would have vanished a few picks later. And I also heard he was our second choice at the position. One other player they had rated a bit higher went before they could grab him, but they were happy Britt fell to us when he did.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":6bvl82ab said:
Tech Worlds":6bvl82ab said:
Couldn't we have gotten this guy a round or two later?

Don't like this one either.

Word from the main man is no; he would have vanished a few picks later. And I also heard he was our second choice at the position. One other player they had rated a bit higher went before they could grab him, but they were happy Britt fell to us when he did.

J-Sizzle said the Seahawks war room predicted a run at tackle. 2 of the 3 picks after us were tackles. 2 more tackles were picked toward the end of the 3rd. Schneid knows his stuff.

Latest posts