Pick #64, 2nd Round: OT Justin Britt, Missouri

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
Hawknballs":34gw0pu4 said:
I gave up discussing their picks a while ago.

we needed oline and WR and we got them.
Yep. I never heard of them so it's good news and likely another awesome pick.I love being a Seahawk fan . And he's a Mizzou guy.:)

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Here's side by side comparison with the Falcons' #6 overall pick, Jake Matthews:

BnPRIs7CAAAppJb.png:large

HawkWow

Reaction score
BeaHUman":1fjfu7rr said:
"Justin Britt dominated Jadeveon Clowney in the South Carolina game"

That's a good sign, negate the #1 pick.....

This year or last? I wouldn't put much stock in how someone handled the 2014 version of Clowney. Not to detract from your point...it's certainly better than Britt being dominated by Clowney, but we all know the games Clowney was playing at SC this past year. It saddens me he was rewarded with the 1st overall. It's a new world.
I like this pick but not the spot.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
No clue who this guy is. I think after this season I'm done trying to look at options for Seattle. They'll take a 4th round rated LB in the 1st next season too. It was the right position but another disappointment, huge reach. And now because I said that, he'll be in the Pro Bowl year 1.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BeaHUman":oszwcdha said:
"Justin Britt dominated Jadeveon Clowney in the South Carolina game"

That's a good sign, negate the #1 pick.....

That could be a good sign, or that could've been the game that Jadeveon took off.

All sarcasm aside, it looks like the kid is an elite athlete that needs some polish. He could end up backing up Bailey this year, or could end up starting. I like the mean streak, he'll fit in well. The only issue I have is that he seems weak at run blocking.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1hizismg said:
Is he our projected RT?

I would guess that's the hope, although he's apparently very versatile at G/LT/RT.

And I wouldn't put too much stock on when and where the Seahawks pick their guys. We should know that by now, and we should also know it works out pretty well. Superstars out of 3rd, 5th, 7th rounders, UDFA's, whatever.

We go into the draft knowing who we want, and then go get them. We don't care about draft position esteem or how the experts think we should have picked. We know our scheme and get the guys that work.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For those that call it a reach: You honestly can't call it a reach unless you have watched his tape and put a grade on him. Do you know where other teams graded him? No. All you know is what you see on some media produced mocks that become increasingly inaccurate as we go deeper into the draft.

What do you hate about this pick besides your knee jerk reaction based on some half-baked Kiper/McShay mock?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Ya know, with Pete and John, I just assume that they see something in a player that other people don't see. They look at some skill or other intangible that their draft picks have and then "Coach 'em up". I think that's the main advantage that our organization has... Look for this or that that Pete and John see, and then hit 'em hard with targeted coaching, targeting their perceived weakness, then concentrate on strengthening that weakness and turning them into a very good or elite player. At least that's the way it has seemed to have gone with our other passed-over draft picks and ignored free agents so far. Anyone else agree with that assessment?

Shane Falco

Reaction score
All I know is that I was hoping they would address WR and OL this draft. They are doiing that, so this fan is happy. The specific players, where they are ranked and value... all that... It's easy to just not fret and leave that up to this FO. Maybe we get another Carp or Moffitt or maybe we have a couple young bookend tackles for a long time now. At this point I hope they get a good guard also... protecting Russ and keeping that ground game top of the league should be top priority imo.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
Hawknballs":36uvbi3j said:
I gave up discussing their picks a while ago.

we needed oline and WR and we got them.
Yep. I never heard of them so it's good news and likely another awesome pick.I love being a Seahawk fan . And he's a Mizzou guy.:)

irocdave

Reaction score
Fing NFL network, goes to commercial when the Hawks draft then come back and skim over the pick. Watched the link above, sounds like he has a bit of just nasty to his general attitude....Perfect. Dude is big, really big and his slow deliberate speech assures me that he just doesn't give a rats ass what any D lineman thinks. We need more dirtbag O lineman. The guy mentioned playing through the end of the whistle also and one of the videos show that he did.
Have to admit it's been tough watching the draft as the Hawks keep trading down. Hard to get better when you don't make a pick. NOW is the time that PC / JS do the damage, hopefully the NFLY network doesn't show commercials every time they pick......AGAIN.

kearly

Reaction score
I've barely watched this guy at all, but he seems like Breno with less power and lighter feet.

I need to watch more, but I am okay with this pick.

Also, ESPN needs to be slapped for acting like this pick never happened.

Rainger

Reaction score
irocdave":36uvne3v said:
Fing NFL network, goes to commercial when the Hawks draft then come back and skim over the pick. Watched the link above, sounds like he has a bit of just nasty to his general attitude....Perfect. Dude is big, really big and his slow deliberate speech assures me that he just doesn't give a rats ass what any D lineman thinks. We need more dirtbag O lineman. The guy mentioned playing through the end of the whistle also and one of the videos show that he did.
Have to admit it's been tough watching the draft as the Hawks keep trading down. Hard to get better when you don't make a pick. NOW is the time that PC / JS do the damage, hopefully the NFLY network doesn't show commercials every time they pick......AGAIN.
They did last year. They cut to commercial on every pick of the hawks. Then glossed over the pick with some quick words. Nothing new.

King Dog

Reaction score
brimsalabim":me8gx8ot said:
History of injuries. ACL & foot problems.
We're trying the opposite this time after drafting Okung who had a history of no injuries.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Here's your answer to what they drafted him to do:

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 38s
Tom Cable said Justin Britt will compete with Michael Bowie at RT, but can also play both guard spots. #Seahawks

Kevin Shockey ‏@KevinShockey 9m
"He'll start from day one when he gets here, competing with Bowie for the RT job." Tom Cable on @JustinBritt68

daveman918

Reaction score
You can certainly tell the pessimists from the optimists during the draft... LOL