Cardinals unsure where first-round pick Paris Johnson Jr. will play?

Jville

Reaction score
Is this story for real? Did the Cardinals not have a cohesive plan for day one of the draft?

"The Arizona Cardinals' 2023 first-round yo-yo -- dropping from No. 3 to No. 12 overall, then trading back up to No. 6 -- netted them offensive lineman Paris Johnson Jr., a favorite of quarterback Kyler Murray entering the draft."

"Yeah, we'll figure that out," coach Jonathan Gannon said Tuesday. "He's obviously played outside and inside. We've just got to get him on the grass and see where he kinda fits in with the other guys."

Link >>> https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-...ere-paris-johnson-jr-will-play-offensive-line

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I totally get that. Consider the three-body problem. Try to predict the behavior of three point objects with a given mass, size, initial position and velocity, interacting only with gravity. No general solution exists. Now we're talking about changing one body in a 22 body problem (ok, maybe more like 15 if you take away skill positions) with more complex interactions and volitional bodies.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears were set to draft him at tackle. He fits the prototype at 6-6 with 36-inch arms. I wouldn’t take an offensive lineman at #6 in first round who didn’t project as a left tackle.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don’t see that as them not having a plan.

I see it as them being flexible with a high talent guy that can play in multiple spots.

Nothing to see here IMHO

Plus they aren’t putting out a specific plan for the opposition to bank on.
I think it’s a good idea to keep other teams guessing.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I totally get that. Consider the three-body problem. Try to predict the behavior of three point objects with a given mass, size, initial position and velocity, interacting only with gravity. No general solution exists. Now we're talking about changing one body in a 22 body problem (ok, maybe more like 15 if you take away skill positions) with more complex interactions and volitional bodies.
Dawg, it's Friday.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Bears were set to draft him at tackle. He fits the prototype at 6-6 with 36-inch arms. I wouldn’t take an offensive lineman at #6 in first round who didn’t project as a left tackle.
In today’s NFL both OTs need to be good pass blockers defense’s will send rushers from both sides. The earliest RTs used to be only taken was at the end of the 1st rd that’s no longer the case your Bears took one @ 9

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
In today’s NFL both OTs need to be good pass blockers defense’s will send rushers from both sides. The earliest RTs used to be only taken was at the end of the 1st rd that’s no longer the case your Bears took one @ 9
Agreed. But one thing that hasn’t changed is that the LT protects the QB’s back and gets paid the big $$$ to do it.

BASF

Reaction score
I’m not following you. Anyhow, I will be surprised if Paris Johnson is not the left tackle.
Penix is left handed, so the right tackle will be protecting his backside. Murray can not be cut for two more seasons without an incredibly high dead cap hit. So, this is what I am expecting.