Pick #64, 2nd Round: OT Justin Britt, Missouri

Blitzer88

Reaction score
sc85sis":b1knap13 said:
Holmgren just said on KJR that if your o-line coach likes the guy, forget about what all the projections are as to where he will/should go in the draft. He thinks this is a Cable pick.

Normally I would be okay with that, but Moffitt and Carp were considered Cable picks as well.............so uh yeah.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Lol.. This is SO Seahawk. They see something in the guy, they wanted him and picked him ahead of Morgan (who I thought they would pick)

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Some Twitter reactions:

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 3m
Justin Britt was coming off a torn ACL this season. I was down on him preseason, but he got better every week. Could play guard or tackle.

Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk 6m
Justin Britt dominated Jadeveon Clowney in the South Carolina game. Good player. Better person. #Mizzou (cc: @FieldGulls)

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 4m
New Seahawk Justin Britt started at LT last year for Missouri, but also played RT. Guessing Seahawks will look at him at tackle and guard.

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 3m
Britt was an AP All-SEC first-team selection last season, starting 14 games for Missouri.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 21s
Britt: "I wanted the guys who went up against to remember me. If nasty is the word you want to use then I'm nasty." #SeahawksDraft #Pick64

Chris ‏@30AcreFortress 7m
Strengths as a lineman: "Someone who doesn't make mental errors a lot. I'm very aggressive, always been a finisher and key my play off that"

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 3m
Britt. RT @dcrockett17 Also scheme versatile. Played wide split spread in B12 & tighter splits in SEC. MU ran left on most everyone.

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 15m
Cable said it was Britt's tape playing right tackle that stood out to him and gave him the look he wanted.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3iivi1lv said:
sc85sis":3iivi1lv said:
Holmgren just said on KJR that if your o-line coach likes the guy, forget about what all the projections are as to where he will/should go in the draft. He thinks this is a Cable pick.

Normally I would be okay with that, but Moffitt and Carp were considered Cable picks as well.............so uh yeah.
No one is saying he's a Cable pick

daveman918

Reaction score
Good size and foundation. I think it's a good move.

Added bonus... I love the Breno like attitude in the first video above when he keeps shoving the guy to the ground.

HawkWow

Reaction score
King Dog":jp4xm6h7 said:
Excellent value in the 5th. I love this pick!

Haha...good stuff and my thoughts exactly. We should have traded down, grabbed a 3rd and a 5th, then used one of those picks on Britt. Stoked we went OL, I just think we overspent.

I had 2 wishes in this draft: 1) OL. 2) Don't let Cable in the war room.

Rainger

Reaction score
From NFL.com: Draft Projection Rounds 6-7

Must mean he is a great pick, after all NFL.com said even worse about Baldwin, Kearse, etc etc.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3lrwgddh said:
Blitzer88":3lrwgddh said:
sc85sis":3lrwgddh said:

Well, except for Mike Homgren. ;)

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Never heard of him. Watching the highlights it looks like he's got some good qualities but sometimes looks like the motor runs out too quickly. So...when's our next pick?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":29ys1l1a said:
Blitzer88":29ys1l1a said:
sc85sis":29ys1l1a said:

Did someone say he wasn't?

hawk45

Reaction score
The Cable endorsement is the worst thing he has going for him in my eyes :(

Happy

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":amppo0bv said:
Some Twitter reactions:

Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk 6m
Justin Britt dominated Jadeveon Clowney in the South Carolina game. Good player. Better person. #Mizzou (cc: @FieldGulls)

Yes Please!

8)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawk45":2o6eewo5 said:
The Cable endorsement is the worst thing he has going for him in my eyes :(
What Cable endorsement?

Stacks

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-8ePTyOnQ#t=19[/youtube]