Pick #64, 2nd Round: OT Justin Britt, Missouri

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3uojb3ds said:
For those that call it a reach: You honestly can't call it a reach unless you have watched his tape and put a grade on him. Do you know where other teams graded him? No. All you know is what you see on some media produced mocks that become increasingly inaccurate as we go deeper into the draft.

What do you hate about this pick besides your knee jerk reaction based on some half-baked Kiper/McShay mock?

Exactly.

What bothers me is people continue to use the Carpenter/Moffitt arguments as if means something to Cable. And every single time I ask those people in the 2011, what linemen should we have drafted instead that would have done better instead.

Is it Cable's fault, that a lock-out plus 2 serious knee injuries derailed Carpenter's career?

Is it Cable's fault, that Moffitt's heart wasn't seriously into football and wasn't as tough as he looked at Wisconsin? Cable gave him every opportunity to earn his position and he got out played by Sweezy.

But again ALL YOU HATERS look at the 2011 Draft and tell me what O-Linemen should the Seahawks have drafted because in retrospect that year for O-Linemen is probably the worst I've seen since following the drafts. Just downright poor talent but we needed O-Line in 2011 in the worst way.

King Dog

Reaction score
razgriz737":9kqllyz9 said:
Cable just said it was confirmed that Britt would've been taken within the next few picks.
Ha ha. I was waiting for that kind of statement to be put out there :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1iedgj2u said:
For those that call it a reach: You honestly can't call it a reach unless you have watched his tape and put a grade on him. Do you know where other teams graded him? No. All you know is what you see on some media produced mocks that become increasingly inaccurate as we go deeper into the draft.

What do you hate about this pick besides your knee jerk reaction based on some half-baked Kiper/McShay mock?

Jokes aside, Kiper and McShay know much more than any of us. Believe it. So does Mayock, who had Britt slated for the 5th rd. Aside from our FO, who do you suggest we listen to? I am not being sarcastic.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Cable said he was really concerned Britt would be gone when they selected and said they heard afterward he would have been taken shortly.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if some Seahawks.net posters watched this team win the Super Bowl.

This dude's got the measurables, Cable will add the toughness, and *BAM* Awesome pick. Seriously, he could be better than Jake Matthews.

Really, what do some of you want? Breno was a mauler, people here hated him, and now they've got someone with more finesse. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
HawkWow":3bm3du7s said:
DavidSeven":3bm3du7s said:

Jokes aside, Kiper and McShay know much more than any of us. Believe it. So does Mayock, who had Britt slated for the 5th rd. Aside from our FO, who do you suggest we listen to? I am not being sarcastic.

Ahem...they do NOT know more than I, kind sir.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Idea for Warren Buffet: offer 1billion dollars to anyone who correctly picks all Seahawks draft picks in the correct order under the JSPCTC era.

It may very well be as difficult and unpredictable as picking a perfect March Madness bracket.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkWow":2p9umc1v said:
DavidSeven":2p9umc1v said:

There are quite a few who would argue with that statement, including those who have seen their track records. Seriously, Bobo the trained chimp flinging poo at a dart board has a better history of good picks than Kiper.

I'm not worried about what any of them say.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2jz3aotf said:
I think that's the main advantage that our organization has... Look for this or that that Pete and John see, and then hit 'em hard with targeted coaching, targeting their perceived weakness, then concentrate on strengthening that weakness and turning them into a very good or elite player. At least that's the way it has seemed to have gone with our other passed-over draft picks and ignored free agents so far. Anyone else agree with that assessment?
Actually, that's exactly the opposite of what Pete and John say their approach is. They target and concentrate on what a player's strengths are, and do what they can to maximize them, and don't put them in a situation where their weaknesses are exposed.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkWow":1qyy93cf said:
DavidSeven":1qyy93cf said:

So they can't be wrong? Got it

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
HawkWow":miinqnt6 said:
DavidSeven":miinqnt6 said:

Yeah but they have little to no insight into how they fot into Seattle's system.

Unfortunately, only the FO has reasonable insight into their plans for a player and how they rated them.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After hearing Cable talk about him I am looking forward to this kid on the line. It is obvious they wanted him and didn't believe that he would be available with their next pick.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hey Mod's, can I wee-wee on the next dude that uses the word "measurables" in a sentence??? Correctly of course, and to compare and contrast.

The staff knows, they get paid to know.
Relax... Frankie says so.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":33bnlsuf said:
HawkWow":33bnlsuf said:
DavidSeven":33bnlsuf said:

So they can't be wrong? Got it

Mayock immediately after his comment said: "They clearly know more than I do" - giving due deference to the Super Bowl champions.

To the people here who seem unable to grasp this one simple fact: the Seahawks DO NOT draft players they think will be good on any team. They draft players who will be good on ours. In the meantime, the talking heads don't understand what makes Seattle tick.

Furthermore if you complain about this 5th round crap, you forget one major thing: This FO is crazy like a fox. Remember when they waited to draft Russell Wilson in the 3rd round, even though Schneider would've done it in the first and second? They know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. If the grabbed this guy at 64, it's because they knew he'd be gone. End of.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1v0qtl6k said:
Mayock immediately after his comment said: "They clearly know more than I do" - giving due deference to the Super Bowl champions.

To the people here who seem unable to grasp this one simple fact: the Seahawks DO NOT draft players they think will be good on any team. They draft players who will be good on ours. In the meantime, the talking heads don't understand what makes Seattle tick.

Furthermore if you complain about this 5th round crap, you forget one major thing: This FO is crazy like a fox. Remember when they waited to draft Russell Wilson in the 3rd round, even though Schneider would've done it in the first and second? They know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. If the grabbed this guy at 64, it's because they knew he'd be gone. End of.
This times 1000. Thank you. They draft for the Seahawks not for the NFL

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Their next pick was a long ways off so if this is their guy, I am good with it. Once they traded down I knew we would end up with someone I didnt know on OL. But I am ignorant of a lot of what many college teams have to offer us.

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ56nnLEAT8

He look like he had a ruff game in this one.

I like that they address one of our needs with the pick hopefully they can coach him up.

After watching it about 10 times he did have some good blocks in the game though. He tends to get off balance sometimes and got lit up. He will be playing the rt or guard instead of lt so that is a plus. Well see how it goes I guess. Im going to watch some more film on the guy. Ruff start for brother Britt in this one tho.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Hawks needed help on the line, even if Bowie and Bailey pan out the depth we had with Breno and McQ is gone. I was more concerned about the Breno loss and I think the Hawks used the latest pick they could on the guy they wanted.

theascension

Reaction score
It's certainly an odd pick and EVERY 'analyst' will surely give us a 'D' rating for it but this year as Super Bowl Champs I'm just going to sit back and trust our coaching crew.

For perspective go back to the 2012 draft and check out our overall draft grades. The best I saw was a 'C' for Irvin/Wilson and many with D/F grades for us overall.

Latest posts