Pick 29, 1st Round - LJ Collier, DE, Texas Christian

Smellyman

Reaction score
LTH":1a8omucv said:
I can just hear it now the national media is going to say JS reached.... betcha! have we seen this before? i think so...

LTH68

Probably with mcdowell and ifedi

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":g88przsi said:
mikeak":g88przsi said:
Concerned with players feasting on inferior opponents. Which is what happens when you play for tcu. Hope I am wrong

Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State......boy feasting on the inferior for sure :lol:

His six sacks last year came against Texas Tech (2), Kansas State (2), Texas (1), and Cal (1). Neither of those teams he multi-sacked even made bowl games, and Cal was a 7-6 team they played in the Cheez-It Bowl, which apparently is a thing.

I know there is more to being a DE than sacks, but those other things are hard to find online. If others have anything that indicates he shows up big against tough opponents, I would love to see them.

knownone

Reaction score
getnasty":25ggbsd5 said:
Seems very similar to Rasheem Greene no?
Not really. Green is much more of a freak athlete whereas Collier is more of a power rusher.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Classic Seahawks pick.

Then the fans say(like every year)
-who?
-it was a reach!
-could have had him rounds later!
-so and so said he was ranked a lot later!
-should have grabbed Billy Joe Bob instead!

Aaaaaahhhhhh feels like home, every year freakin' year. :D

edogg23

Reaction score
They are dogging this pick so hard on KJR. It’s kind of making me depressed.

sutz

Reaction score
#29 basically IS a 2d round pick for all intents and purposes.

Except we get a 5th year option for him if he works out. ;)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":2tlbz319 said:
Hawkpower":2tlbz319 said:
mikeak":2tlbz319 said:
Concerned with players feasting on inferior opponents. Which is what happens when you play for tcu. Hope I am wrong

Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State......boy feasting on the inferior for sure :lol:

His six sacks last year came against Texas Tech (2), Kansas State (2), Texas (1), and Cal (1). Neither of those teams he multi-sacked even made bowl games, and Cal was a 7-6 team they played in the Cheez-It Bowl, which apparently is a thing.

I know there is more to being a DE than sacks, but those other things are hard to find online. If others have anything that indicates he shows up big against tough opponents, I would love to see them.

Ok thats fine, (and I'm not necessarily defending the guy, I know little about him honestly) I was referring to the TCU plays inferior opponents statement, which couldnt be further from the truth. Even TT and K-state are solid. He played a big time schedule

Besides, he isnt really a sack guy anyway, appears to be more of an edge setter and physical guy...so critiquing his sack numbers seems a bit unecessary.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Classic Seahawks pick.

-who?
-it was a reach!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team picked up some draft picks though from 4 to 9

They now have picks 2-37, 3-93, 4-114, 4-118, 4-124, 4-132, 5-142, 5-159.

Two day two picks and 6 day 3 picks.

They own day 3 of the draft.

mikeak

Reaction score
No matter what I LOVE his reaction when getting picked by Seattle

[tweet]https://twitter.com/drewdavison/status/1121622080422699010[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
edogg23":3fii79y1 said:
They are dogging this pick so hard on KJR. It’s kind of making me depressed.

It should have quite the opposite effect. Its KJR :D

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2j7yi6gd said:
Rat":2j7yi6gd said:
Hawkpower":2j7yi6gd said:
mikeak":2j7yi6gd said:

Ok thats fine, (and I'm not necessarily defending the guy, I know little about him honestly) I was referring to the TCU plays inferior opponents statement, which couldnt be further from the truth. Even TT and K-state are solid. He played a big time schedule

Besides, he isnt really a sack guy anyway, appears to be more of an edge setter and physical guy...so critiquing his sack numbers seems a bit unecessary.

I said guys that feast on inferior opponents. Not that they played only inferior teams. Sorry went away for an hour looking at videos and figuring out what Giants gave us in their trade.

I hope he can sack left and right and we will see. Sweat would have been available and so would others. Hope this is the right guy for Seattle

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":13sq6j58 said:
They could have gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd round but he’s not a bad player. I thought they reached on him.
That some crystal ball you have.

mikeak

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":10f5cqnd said:
Classic Seahawks pick.

-who?
-it was a reach!

Go look up Samuel Gold's post today about 2013 through 2016 draft classes. Three are absolutely horrible. Just awful. One good one in four years. Not picks but whole classes.

There is value to the statement that Seattle reaches....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there a ton of double posts on this thread?

Anyway, from what could have been at #21 & #29, to this. Seems like they became enamored with quantity over impact. Here's to hoping I'm wrong (again).

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":2aelzrg2 said:
Hawkpower":2aelzrg2 said:
Rat":2aelzrg2 said:
Hawkpower":2aelzrg2 said:

I said guys that feast on inferior opponents. Not that they played only inferior teams. Sorry went away for an hour looking at videos and figuring out what Giants gave us in their trade.

I hope he can sack left and right and we will see. Sweat would have been available and so would others. Hope this is the right guy for Seattle

Agree, however I dont really think they drafted him to be a big sack guy necessarily, at least not in an "off the edge" kind of way.

And again, since he didnt put up monster numbers...and since he played opponents that were tougher than most, the comment was just confusing, that's all. Not a big deal really, TCU used to play in a small time league, many probably didnt know they were in the Big 12 now. Either way lets hope he can be a difference maker!

toffee

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score
Just doesnt feel like a high ceiling kind of dude. Maybe they didn't work out but Mcdowell, Penny, Ifedi all feel like guys with high ceilings

Latest posts