Pick #132 R4 Ugochukwu Amadi CB

massari

Reaction score
Ugo Amadi, a possible steal in the 2019 NFL Draft

Amadi’s versatility will benefit him. At Oregon he was the Duck to do it all; playing cornerback, safety and returning punts. His success is tangible; As a senior he became the first FBS player since 2015 and first Pac-12 player since 2007 with two pick-6s and a punt return for a touchdown in the same season.

Amadi’s ability to affect the game and make plays on the ball has impressed… Draft profiles list him as a “ball hawk.” He’s not afraid of undercutting breaking routes to make big plays and showed he’s a threat to take it the distance. Over his final two seasons, Amadi amassed six interceptions, highlighted by three pick-6s, and forced four fumbles.

His official NFL Draft profile says Amadi “has excellent footwork, understanding of leverage, and technique in man and zone coverage alike. Can burst to the catch point in an instant and knows how to bait quarterbacks into throws within his range.”

Beyond the on-field drills, interview sessions will be extremely important for the Duck as Amadi’s character could set him apart. Amadi received the Lombardi Award for the 2018 college football season; it honors the athlete who most embodies the criteria of “performance and leadership honed by character and resiliency."

Oregon coach Mario Cristobal called him the "quarterback of the defense." A five-time game captain, who shared Oregon’s 2018 team MVP award with quarterback Justin Herbert, Amadi also was an active participant in community outreach projects. He led Oregon’s secondary on the field (career highs in tackles, tackles for loss, and defensive touchdowns) and helped develop a position group that featured three sophomores at the other starting spots.

The Nashville native played in all 51 games over his four years at Oregon from 2015-18.

Right now, Amadi’s highest projection is the 6th round, while others predict he will go undrafted. The combine could shift the narrative surrounding Amadi’s draft pick. Whether it is his 40-yard dash time or interview session, Amadi has an opportunity to impress NFL executives... He could be the steal of the class.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/ore ... -nfl-draft

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks..Come on man give us your take!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
As a Ducks fan I like this pick. Punt/Kick returner for sure.

A bit on the short side, but a SERIOUS ball-hawk with a defensive brain that hits harder than he looks.

I like this pick, but don't love it.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I like him as a punt returner, Lockett has struggled the last two years and Im not convinced King can play slot.

sutz

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3f5z86nn said:
As a Ducks fan I like this pick. Punt/Kick returner for sure.

A bit on the short side, but a SERIOUS ball-hawk with a defensive brain that hits harder than he looks.

I like this pick, but don't love it.
How often do we "love" 4th round picks? :laugh:

Hey, if he works out, great. If he doesn't, not a lot of draft capital burned. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":leko5uwg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1122200882123198465[/tweet]
Nice to have those swiing type guys that can fill in as needed and fill out the nickel/dime packages.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Ugo Amadi is a good pick up if he can translate hia skills over. Whenever I'd hear them announce an interception on the radio I'd assume it was Amadi.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like it!! We need some guys who can match up with the Edelmans and Amendolas of the NFL.
With some coaching up and experience of course.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
He played "two years of corner and two years of safety and two years of nickel'' at Oregon.

Good pickup ... but glad we're not getting him for his math skills!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":rush0631 said:
He played "two years of corner and two years of safety and two years of nickel'' at Oregon.

Good pickup ... but glad we're not getting him for his math skills!

He would slide to nickel on passing downs, and UO would bring in another safety.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He certainly looks Seahawk-y and like a third safety/nickle hybrid kind-of-dude in that highlight vid.