Pick #209 R6 Demarcus Christmas DL

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We got Demarcus Christmas for Draftmas. Love it. I think he can make the team.

OP
OP
jmahon316

jmahon316

Reaction score
chris98251":2851exp5 said:
So Merry Christmas :p

I was going to say "Looks like Christmas came early" right under the highlights video, but decided against my better judgement :p

chris98251

Reaction score
See him as a Redshirt prospect to learn better technique based on reading his write up, the knocks on his effort I think will also be fixed, take a play off in practice take a seat or end up on it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
He was being mocked as high as the third round by some, but it looks like an inconsistent motor is a big reason for why he was still there in the 6th. One would think motivation would not be a concern now for a 6th round pick who has to work to earn a roster spot.

thedraftnetwork":2rmodws0 said:
Has some lapses in effort, either when initially uprooted at the point of attack or when the football goes away from his alignment. Functional strength, however, it terrific and allows him to squat in the blocks and hold ground with consistency.

Consistency in gap penetration is non-existent, no rhyme or reason to when and how he is able to push through gaps relative to other occasions.

Own The West

Reaction score
Backup for Jones, but we’re going to need more bodies. I think we’re going to wind up with Suh or Wilkerson.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Big run stuffer that will need to up his consistency and effort to even make the practice squad. I'd be surprised if he beats out anyone on our current DT rotation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kind of a head scratcher. Physically doesn't stand out in any single way. Plays like a 1 tech, but 294 pounds at the NFL doesn't cut it at that position. Hand tech doesn't lend to any pass rush skills either. Must have been something in the interview maybe, but this will almost assuredly be a practice squad guy for 2 solid years.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Well, I don't know...the Miami game he shows consistently good leverage. It's a bit odd because he doesn't always play with good lean and yet still somehow can remain stout with getting his hands under pads. Doesn't look right being stand-up-ish, but it seems to work. I still down know what you do with this though. I'm almost thinking they want him to put on 15-20 pounds and play 1 tech though. Teach him to play with the right lean and you could have a decent backup 1 tech in a year or two.

mikeak

Reaction score
Well player with questionable motivation is a lot better picked in 6th round vs 1st round...

olyfan63

Reaction score
mikeak":1n7xx9ha said:
Well player with questionable motivation is a lot better picked in 6th round vs 1st round...

Yes, instead of salivating over athleticism and perceived system fit and reaching for Malik McDowell in 1st/2nd round, PC/JS could have drafted him in the 6th and it would have been a stroke of genius! John Schneider says they have changed their criteria for even considering players, so there's hope that Christmas has something better than rocks for brains.

A year or two on PS to work on motivation and work habits, and get coached up, and we might have something to show from Christmas.

Latest posts