Pick #227, 7th Round: FB Kiero Small, Arkansas

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
This is the kind of guy that when he hits you, your ears ring. Fun pick for a 7th rounder.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Just maybe this guy will be Beast#2..After this year anyway..Guy has great speed and power..If CM can't handle the carries -This guy might..

cover-2

Reaction score
I thought this was a laughable pick, that is until I watched the video provided. He has natural leverage to take on bigger defensive players, great initial quickness, tenacious as hell as a blocker, he plays to the echo of the whistle, nice hands for a FB, his head coach loves him because of his physical style of play...he will defiantly help improve our running game. He will no doubt be a fan favorite, and I could easily see him getting multiple Pro Bowls.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ljpcfsk said:
In watching that video cut up, it takes a while to get over his unique size, but he seems quite adept at identifying his assignment and actually sticking a quality block. Looks pretty natural as a FB, which wasn't necessarily the case with Coleman early last season (though Coleman probably has a more desirable build). Kind of excited to see how this will look at the NFL level during pre-season.

Excellent post. Pretty much what I saw. I like how he stays with his block, and if he takes his guy out of the play, he looks for someone else. I also found it interesting that Arkansas left him back in pass pro a lot and isolated him on the DE on the edge quite a bit.

5'8" and 244 lbs, is the epitome of a FB. This gives the preseason a little bit of intrigue for me.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Check out his lead-block at the 10 sec mark :twisted:

[youtube]xk2WAHkTDvI[/youtube]

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Damn! Only problem was, the guy still made the tackle. Granted, 10 yards down the field, but that was a hell of a way to fight off that Mack truck of a block!

If I'm Pete and John, I'm finding out who made that tackle, helmet-less and all, and offering him a UDFA spot if he ain't drafted.

gohogs14

Reaction score
I love Kiero small. You guys are getting a pissed off little bowling ball

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":8h41lhqx said:
5'8", 244 lbs. No NFL.com grade or analysis.

Baltimore Sun article on him: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...fullback-kiero-small-20140427,0,1264317.story

[youtube]r7ZtRbf4T8o[/youtube]

Our ninth pick of the draft. Discuss.

Man this guy can block!!

I loved watching him keep his head on a swivel in pass pro. He takes out guys in the middle when needed and helps the edge. This guy knows how to pass protect.

In his run blocking he also keeps his head on a swivel. He has great vision of who to go after and sustain and release from blocks.

My Adopt a rookie !!!!! :0190l:

theascension

Reaction score
I'm excited. 26 Broken Face Masks, 60 touches 0 negative plays. I just kind of hope he doesn't push Derreck Coleman off the roster but.. competition. Hopefully a Tolbert like player.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This is the only pick that's not doing it for me. Watching the video didn't change my mind either. FB's are dinosaurs, we rarely even play our FB. This guy is never going to be compared to John L or Mack Strong, whoever said Pro Bowls are in his future is drinking the Kool Aid. I hope he does well and in J&S I Trust, but there must have been someone better on the board at that pick.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":22y1ptfb said:
This is the only pick that's not doing it for me. Watching the video didn't change my mind either. FB's are dinosaurs, we rarely even play our FB. This guy is never going to be compared to John L or Mack Strong, whoever said Pro Bowls are in his future is drinking the Kool Aid. I hope he does well and in J&S I Trust, but there must have been someone better on the board at that pick.

Would you be happier if they drafted Dion Bailey there and then signed Small as a UDFA instead? What difference does it make? The 7th round is only about taking guys who you don't think you can recruit as UDFA. Getting caught up on what position they play or their value over other players is silly at this stage. There are 9-10 guys who Seattle is going bring in from the 7th round-UDFA crop who have similar grades. The only difference is how you get them on the team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3opu53qu said:
That was a highlight video of him in the OP? Yikes....

It's a cut up of his plays from four games. What don't you like?