Pick #227, 7th Round: FB Kiero Small, Arkansas

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't why so many assume we will get every UDFA we want...

If the FO wanted him, why should they risk not getting him in UDFA?

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 4317.story

Nice feel good story...

"The Chargers workout was great. Their scout was really surprised by how athletic I was. That's pretty much been the thing where people see me on film and see how I can move. I can't wait to find out where I'm going to play. Wherever I wind up going, I'm just going to work hard every day to prove myself."

Jville

Reaction score
He looks great in the OP video.

Legitimate fullback.

Relentless blocker.

Catches the ball.

Really interesting pick ...... especially for a 7th round.

I give the pick two thumbs up :th2thumbs:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3uf6xy64 said:
5'8", 244? Fattie.
Maybe before Arkansas's strength & conditioning coach got a hold of him last year. Here's a before & after pic of him from January '13 to July '13.

Ben herbert is a bad ass and kiero small proves it

Jville

Reaction score
Says he has broken 28 face masks in his college career.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Just said the Hawks are one of his favorite teams because of the way they play. Sounds excited to be drafted by us.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
In watching that video cut up, it takes a while to get over his unique size, but he seems quite adept at identifying his assignment and actually sticking a quality block. Looks pretty natural as a FB, which wasn't necessarily the case with Coleman early last season (though Coleman probably has a more desirable build). Kind of excited to see how this will look at the NFL level during pre-season.

ARhawk

Reaction score
He's very athletic for his size. His weight is muscle, not fat. Great blocker.

daveman918

Reaction score
Watch how fast he gets to his block. I expect his running back didn't complain about his blocking skills.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If he makes the roster he will become my favorite Seahawk. I could only dream of being a strong as this guy (he's around my height).

ARhawk

Reaction score
This is easily my favorite pick of the draft (I might be a little biased). He will beat out Coleman

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I actually really like this pick. If this guy works out he could add to our backfield the kind of blocker we're going to need for Christine Michael - Michael is no marshawn lynch, he's going to need a good FB to maximize what he can do and this guy seems like a traditional blocking type fullback that can go out and catch the ball and make some plays as well when you need him too. strong, but unique enough to do some other things too.