Pick #172, 5th Round: DT Jimmy Staten, Middle Tennessee St.

Rainger

Reaction score
Timmahawk":1zk2ivzm said:
This pick goes in perfect harmony with the thread.

I was just about to say the same. Sailor knew something, called him a place holder and left. LOL

Appears according to all the sports sites he has never played football. No where to be found. That is why the broadcast didn't talk about him they didn't know anything about him. HA HA

Seafan

Reaction score
A 1 tech, possible replacement for McDonald as Mebane's backup. Middle Tennessee State guy. Not a lot of info available.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
After watching the War Room stream I get the feeling they were targeting Reaser or Powell

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Much of Staten’s anxiety and draft status hinge on what position he will play. Currently at 6-foot-4 ½ and 310 pounds, he could play defensive tackle in a 4-3 scheme. But if he is picked up by a team with a 3-4 scheme, Staten would likely bump his weight up to between 320 and 330 pounds to play nose tackle.

“I don’t mind doing that. It won’t be hard because I can gain weight and I love eating,” said Staten, a powerful weight-lifter who did 30 reps of the 225-pound bench press at Pro Day.

Awesome :) Strong kid who loves to eat!

Atradees

Reaction score
From a Packers sight -"He’s already visited the Chargers and Patriots and also has a trip to Kansas City planned.

The interest around the league lies in this — 6-3, 311 pounds.

You can’t teach fat, my friends."

hahah

billio155

Reaction score
From the pic's he looks like a Pete 5 technique guy....but who knows...only Pete.

chris98251

Reaction score
Had a lot of interest from multiple teams so he has something people saw. This years Jesse Williams maybe, teach and condition for next year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He is an unknown but he could be the next Hawk HOF for all we know..Not all of those came from big name schools and hyped up by media..

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Naturally strong man who posted 30 reps at 225 pounds at his pro day. Good agility for his size, with a 27-inch vertical jump. If he proves to have enough bulk without losing his quickness, Staten offers scheme versatility as a backup at multiple positions.

-From CBS Sports

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Most random guy taken in the draft so far. How awesome would it be if PC can coach up this kid into a good player. Lesss go!

MB12

Reaction score
I love the way barely anyone knows that much about this guy. Typical JS+PC

Picked in the lucky 5th as well ;)!