If the NFL announced switch to flag football

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Let's say starting in 2025, would you continue to watch and go to games?

I believe flag football is the end goal for the league. However, they know they can't just immediately switch. It has to be a slow transition over time, or people will jump ship.

I say we shouldn't allow that to happen either. If the league approves one more rule change in the direction of flag football, we should organize a boycott and make sure they understand that we as fans want a violent sport to a certain degree.

If we don't hit the league early, then we will basically be like frogs in a pot of water that is being brought to a boil so slowly that we won't even notice until it's too late to do anything about it.

(Look up the analogy if you aren't aware of it. It's a perfect fit).

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Not a chance.

I don't even watch the games now. Not enough actual game, and too much extra stuff going on.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Flag football isn't even the same sport as football. I would not watch.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No but if they brand it the right way they will still get the viewers and tv money. Remember when people said they'd stop when a fringe qb started kneeling? How did that work out???

xray

Reaction score
I thought that's what they were playing , without the flags of course . ☺

warden

Reaction score
No I would not watch it.

Just like I don’t watch the pro bowl

Been watching this game for over fifty years. I do believe there is a shelf life to how much longer I will continue watching them. Pay per view is coming our way, season tickets keep going up and up and up. They are taking out the heavy hitting. Steering the games. Crappy referees. Yeah there is a shelf life

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No but if they brand it the right way they will still get the viewers and tv money. Remember when people said they'd stop when a fringe qb started kneeling? How did that work out???

Didn't viewership drop?

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean if they did that, it would probably be more affordable to attend as people would probably stop going so they’d have to lower the prices to attract more people.

Would I watch? Nah. lol 😂 I would be too pissed that individuals are getting paid that much to play something that takes away the physical talent to do.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Let's say starting in 2025, would you continue to watch and go to games?

I believe flag football is the end goal for the league. However, they know they can't just immediately switch. It has to be a slow transition over time, or people will jump ship.

I say we shouldn't allow that to happen either. If the league approves one more rule change in the direction of flag football, we should organize a boycott and make sure they understand that we as fans want a violent sport to a certain degree.

If we don't hit the league early, then we will basically be like frogs in a pot of water that is being brought to a boil so slowly that we won't even notice until it's too late to do anything about it.

(Look up the analogy if you aren't aware of it. It's a perfect fit).
Nope. **** that.

I've got 1 foot out the door with the kickoff rules, the nerf helmets and the general soccer like atmosphere already.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
It'd probably take an act of Congress to outlaw Football as a contact sport. Things would probably change back in a hurry when the NFL starts losing revenue and viewership to sports like Rugby

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If the NFL ever truly migrates to flag football it will be the death of the league.

At the very least they would become dead to me. I would just watch reruns of old broadcasts until I croak.

hawkpride

Reaction score
They already are, it's just the Refs are throwing the flags.

In seriousness, the league would lose viewers and fans in the stands which translates to less money, which we all know is what drives the NFL Brass and team owners.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Someone.. Like the Saudis would just start a new league and have
everyone sign waivers to be hit and tackled the way it was meant
to be minus the brutal head shots.
I would absolutely watch it and so would many millions.

The NFL is dead to me once they go flag.

Latest posts