Pick #146 Tre Flowers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just hope he gets his head turned around when the ball is closing in.
Don’t want a Shead 2.0.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Physically, this kid looks like Sherman to me.

Elemas

Reaction score
Wow...wasn't aware of him prior to the draft. Highlights don't show much on the negative side but...you can tell his instincts are incredible.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am excited with this pick. I like what I see on tape.

Fade

Reaction score
Fantastic pick again. It is just boring for discussion though because of how good the Hawks are at finding Corners late in the draft. It's just like "yep, he is long, fast, and physical." At worst he is Shead, but I think he is a much better prospect than that.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He doesn't turn his hips well, at all, and is a bit stiff in changing direction in general. I do like his arm length.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The long arms and his length will give a hard time for the tall receivers of this league. He definitely looks the part for a Seahawks cornerback.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Oh wow, I was wondering why we didn't pick a corner. I'm really excited for this guy now.

mrblitz

Reaction score
hopefully he's the enforcer corner we've been missing since brandon browner.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Classic Pete. Draft a safety and tell him you're our new cornerback. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Worst case, we've got some insurance in the event Kam retires.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1oy3ufv8 said:
Classic Pete. Draft a safety and tell him you're our new cornerback. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Worst case, we've got some insurance in the event Kam retires.

They tried it last year with Mike Tyson. Flowers has much better length than Tyson and is faster, making him a bit more intriguing as a conversion project.

edogg23

Reaction score
I hope he can learn to press like Browner because this kid definitely has all the measurable to dominate like he did.

original poster

Reaction score
While he’s not guaranteed a roster spot, I’d be surprised if he didn’t make the 53 man in September, in part, to his potential.

He has the length, speed, effort and pedigree of an NFL starter, can you think of a better team to unlock his full potential than Seattle?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/990954004531367937[/tweet]

“The first call Tre Flowers got was from the Arizona Cardinals, who told him they would select him in the sixth round if he was still available,” writes Adam Zuvanich of the San Antonio Express-News. “But the Seahawks swooped in and scooped him up first. Flowers said Seattle put him through a private workout in Stillwater, Oklahoma, a couple weeks beforehand, wanting him to transition to cornerback even though he was a standout safety for Oklahoma State.”

The Cardinals were without a fifth-rounder after trading up in the first to select quarterback Josh Rosen. Arizona was hoping Flowers would still be available the following round.

But the Seahawks “swooped” in and added depth to the ever-evolving Legion of Boom. Flowers had an impressive workout with the team’s scouts and Seattle does indeed plan to convert the stand-out safety to cornerback, as Carroll explained in his post-draft press conference.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Fade":37mkg9w9 said:
Chukarhawk":37mkg9w9 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBsXwCsNs7E
Yep, that is a Seahawks DB.

Man the lowlights must be low because that video makes the dude look like a first rounder. So Seahawky. Seems like a great pick

ivotuk

Reaction score
Damn he has some long arms. Another Seahawk DB, stolen in the 5th round. :irishdrinkers:

Somebody should Photoshop him at the 50, reaching out and tipping at a pass at the 10 yard line :p

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He does look like a damn good player overall. This is a great time to be drafted by the Hawks, plenty of spots available to show what you have.

Latest posts