Niners miss playoffs?

C-Dub

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":30bu0kz4 said:
If the Niners and Panthers both finish at 11-5, the Panthers would be the five-seed and the Niners would be the six-seed. I'm pretty sure head-to-head is the first tiebreak used for Wild Card contending teams.

So it's really shaping up to be something like this for the playoffs...
Niners and Panthers to play the winners of the Eagles/Cowboys/Giants or Lions/Packers/Bears

The Division winners would have the highest seeds if they win...duh.
With the Panthers (7-3) remaining schedule (@MIA, TB, @NO, NYJ, NO, @ATL), the Panthers should finish between 5-1 or 2-4 giving them a record of 12-4 to 9-7. Most likely they'll go 4-2 for a 11-5 record.
With the Niners (6-4) remaining schedule (@WASH, STL, SEA, @TB, ATL, @AZ), the Niners should finish between 6-0 to 4-2 giving them a record of 12-4 to 10-6. Most likely they'll go 5-1 for a 11-5 record.

The Panthers hold the tiebreaker for the higher seed (like you said).

I see the Niners beating any of the division winners in the east and north. The Panthers would probably beat the east and the Lion, but lose to the Packers and Bears in January.

That would send the Niners to Seattle for a Hawks win! Seahawks won't lose in Seattle.
Then the Panthers, Packers, and Bears go to NO. I don't think the Saints lose @NO.

So that means the Saints are coming back to Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":l5k5cl2x said:
Ha ha that's awesome! Can you change the word 49'ers to cowboys? I'm a tard when it comes to things like that, I'd like to print it out for the cow patties fan at work.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
So just for the record where do you Hawk fans see your team finishing the season?

rideaducati

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":8tujveqz said:
NINEster":8tujveqz said:
Still a better shot at making the playoffs than going into St. Louis in 2010 trying to win the division at 7-9....

Your point being that your team couldn't even win that division?

BUT...according to the niner players, they "deserved" to win the division that year. I still remember several niner players saying that they deserved to win the division with their 6-10 record.

rideaducati

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1uf6jrle said:
So just for the record where do you Hawk fans see your team finishing the season?

In New Jersey with a Superbowl victory in hand.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3nt1w3a6 said:

Same place you expect your team to finish, I would imagine.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3nqxzxar said:
lvnginhwktwn":3nqxzxar said:

Same place you expect your team to finish, I would imagine.

If he EXPECTS the same as us, he's delusional. Hoping for it on the other hand, is fine.

C-Dub

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":hy3b4zoz said:
I see them finishing better than them Niners.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Was it really that hard? I didn't mean in the SB thats a given. I simply meant 15-1, 11-4 the number.

Brahn

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":10nuh9oe said:
Was it really that hard? I didn't mean in the SB thats a given. I simply meant 15-1, 11-4 the number.

Between

15-1

13-3

You could of asked the above quote without the "Was it really that hard?" but I guess that would be really hard. Try not to get over emotional and just restate the question.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Potential Wild Card Teams at Halftime:

Chicago losing by 10
Panthers losing by 13
Lions losing by 3
Packers losing by 6

The NFL is very unpredictable. It's why trying to pick WC slots six weeks out (or plugging your own preferences into things like the playoff machine to give a thin patina of "objectivity") is a fool's errand, IMO. Who the heck knows what's gonna happen. :)

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I think it might be time to start t talking about the Rams and Cards over the Niners. Rams have been running the ball all over everyone, putting up points, and Austin made huge plays the last few weeks. This division is looking like what I thought it would before the season started.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkMeat":30vrr3mg said:
Rams have been running the ball all over everyone, putting up points, and Austin made huge plays the last few weeks.

Agreed the Rams are a stronger team than the Cards. Been saying this for awhile. As for both of them finishing above the 9ers, that might be some hawkful thinking. ;)

Brahn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":19y3ztg2 said:
HawkMeat":19y3ztg2 said:
Rams have been running the ball all over everyone, putting up points, and Austin made huge plays the last few weeks.

Agreed the Rams are a stronger team than the Cards. Been saying this for awhile. As for both of them finishing above the 9ers, that might be some hawkful thinking. ;)

I agree that the Niners finishing below both of them is a long run in my opinion. I could see an outside chance of the Niners falling behind one but at most it would be by a game. I still think the Niners make the playoffs.

OrFan

Reaction score
It is looking more and more likely the NIners will miss the playoffs completely. They may end up fighting with the Rams to see who finishes last in the division.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Brahn":3ugd752x said:
I agree that the Niners finishing below both of them is a long run in my opinion. I could see an outside chance of the Niners falling behind one but at most it would be by a game. I still think the Niners make the playoffs.

Oh yeah, definitely agreed it's more than possible for the 9ers to be beat out for the last WC spot by one of the other NFCW teams. Despite the Cards present score against the Colts, I think it's less likely than it would be though, as IMO the Rams are better than the Cards but have a worse record.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
OrFan":1lljl27p said:
It is looking more and more likely the NIners will miss the playoffs completely.

Based on what?

Their seeming competition for the #6 WC spot is 0-2-1 today. If the Cards hold on against the Colts only one of the four other talked about #6 teams will have won this weekend. Right now it's looking more and more likely that the 9ers will MAKE the playoffs, and it has nothing to do with their quality or lack of quality as a team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
49ers have to play the Cardinals right? In Arizona?

And it could very easily be between ARI/SF for the #6.

So how is the Cards winning making it more likely San Fran make the playoffs tonight?

All those other teams listed were pretenders. The real competition (CAR/ARI) is winning or won today.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Its anyone's guess, hell you guys though unlikely could lose your next 5, no one knows till the last game is played. I just dislike the way you guys act about the subject, you as if you have nothing to worry about like it's in the bag.

HawkWow

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1eqholmm said:
Its anyone's guess, hell you guys though unlikely could lose your next 5, no one knows till the last game is played. I just dislike the way you guys act about the subject, you as if you have nothing to worry about like it's in the bag.

Nobody's acting. And the collective tone of you 9er fans has certainly changed over the past 2 months. Now you dislike the way we "act"? What happened to all that (false) bravado?

2 months ago, a post similar to yours would be reading "You Hawks wanna' act like you have the title in the bag, wait until you play us"!

My God, what have we done to Niner nation?

Latest posts