NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP thread.

mrblitz

Reaction score
so, does this vault the alabama backup qb into the discussion for being a pro prospect? what a comeback. wow

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mrblitz":1mg06bja said:
so, does this vault the alabama backup qb into the discussion for being a pro prospect? what a comeback. wow

I believe he is a true freshman so he needs one more year.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Oof, imagine going from the emotional high off that big tackle for a loss to losing the game on the next play.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Kid played well above his age and lack of experience. Looked off safety entire last throw. Eerily similar to Russ in movement and delivery and then post game thanked Jesus 25 times and every position group over himself...convinced Russ 2.0... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
Congratz to UCF due to bama winning at least one of the recognized selectors will still have them at number one. Split national championship ahoy.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":4882lwhb said:
Kid played well above his age and lack of experience. Looked off safety entire last throw. Eerily similar to Russ in movement and delivery and then post game thanked Jesus 25 times and every position group over himself...convinced Russ 2.0... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcus Mariota is the kids idol. And it shows, especially off the field. I agree, on the field he looks like Wilson.

253hawk

Reaction score
The second half was so blatantly Bama-biased that the refs absolutely had to be on the take.

- 'offsides' on the blocked punt was never reviewed and Georgia was clearly onsides (but they arbitrarily decided to cherry-pick and review several of Georgia's big plays?)
- uncalled obvious facemask
- blatant block in the back on the punt return
- #48 throws a punch and stays in the game
- #48 goes to fight a coach, still stays in the game
- #48 makes a clothesline tackle on the kick return, pinning Georgia deep. Shouldn't even have been on the field.
- defender shoves Fromm's head literally right in front of the side judge, no call
- missed false start on the WR on game-tying TD on 4th down

There's no way you can say this game was called fairly and keep a straight face. Georgia was screwed every which way for the entire second half.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Georgia’s coaches “turtled” when on offense in the 4th quarter. Can’t keep great teams in a game when you have a sizeable lead, you need to keep your foot on their throats and not let them up or they will beat you.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
253hawk":gpnprzef said:
The second half was so blatantly Bama-biased that the refs absolutely had to be on the take.

- 'offsides' on the blocked punt was never reviewed and Georgia was clearly onsides (but they arbitrarily decided to cherry-pick and review several of Georgia's big plays?)
- #48 makes a clothesline tackle on the kick return, pinning Georgia deep. Shouldn't even have been on the field.
- defender shoves Fromm's head literally right in front of the side judge, no call

There's no way you can say this game was called fairly and keep a straight face. Georgia was screwed every which way for the entire second half.
100% agree. Bama is the media’s darling and there was no way the powers that be let Saban lose 2 championships in a row

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":ctimfqpr said:
253hawk":ctimfqpr said:

100% agree. Bama is the media’s darling and there was no way the powers that be let Saban lose 2 championships in a row
Which is why I did not watch the game :pukeface:
The system still is broken and biased.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3q0g76c3 said:
mrblitz":3q0g76c3 said:

I believe he is a true freshman so he needs one more year.

Two years.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I agree that UGA was screwed by bias officiating but also that their own offensive staff didn’t do them any favors. For example they faced a third and three with every thing on the line at the end of regulation but the QBs #1 receiver and both stud runners were left standing on the sidelines. The result was an uncomfortable looking throw into the grass and a three and out instead of a game winning drive.

getnasty

Reaction score
Time for Jalen Hurts to move to running back. I hate Sabin but you have to hand it to him making that switch at Halftime.