What if Alabama beats Georgia?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Would that up the Huskies ranking or chances at a national championship?

I know it's probably a fool's hope that the Huskies could win it all and become national champs, but it's one hell of a fantasy, and definitely possible...

Go DAWGS!

Was nice to see the D show up some last night. I just wish I had faith in them putting together a full game of tough D...

I just started watching college, just because of this Husky team, and that offense is POTENT, but the D has always seemed suspect. TBH, all the college ball I've seen this year has been talented offenses against adequate at best defenses...

evergreen

Reaction score
UW is in. what number is yet to be seen. If UW had lost in 4 OTs or something I could see possibilities of both making it in.

NoGain

Reaction score
I kind of think playing Michigan in the CFP semifinal in the Rose Bowl might be the best scenario for UW. That likely happens if Georgia and Michigan both win today. The only other preference I might have is for UW to advance to the top seed and for Florida State to remain the number four seed setting up a UW vs. Florida State semifinal. But it's REALLY hard to see the planets aligning for that latter scenario to happen.

It's a crazy weekend for college football.

Threedee

Reaction score
If Alabama beats Georgia, it opens the door for Texas to get in. Michigan, Washington, and Florida State should all be considered a lock.

Chapow

Reaction score
If Alabama beats Georgia, it opens the door for Texas to get in. Michigan, Washington, and Florida State should all be considered a lock.

FSU is absolutely not a lock. If they lose in their conference championship game there's very little chance they're in. Louisville is a good team and FSU will be playing with a backup QB. It really wouldn't be that surprisingly to see them lose today.

Chapow

Reaction score
Would that up the Huskies ranking or chances at a national championship?

I know it's probably a fool's hope that the Huskies could win it all and become national champs, but it's one hell of a fantasy, and definitely possible...

Go DAWGS!

Was nice to see the D show up some last night. I just wish I had faith in them putting together a full game of tough D...

I just started watching college, just because of this Husky team, and that offense is POTENT, but the D has always seemed suspect. TBH, all the college ball I've seen this year has been talented offenses against adequate at best defenses...

If Alabama beats Georgia, UW will almost certainly move up to #2, IMO. If Michigan were to also lose, UW very well could move up to #1, but I think the chances of both Georgia and Michigan losing are very, very slim. Even if that were to happen, I don't necessarily think that would make their path any easier. They're going to have to play a very good team no matter what.

I will say, when UW made the playoffs in 2016 I had very little confidence that they could win. I feel very different this time. I think this team has a great shot. It's going to be tough as hell, but I believe this team is capable of beating anyone.

Mizak

Reaction score
NCAA is gonna find a way for Ohio State to be in the CFP.

Chapow

Reaction score
NCAA is gonna find a way for Ohio State to be in the CFP.

I very much doubt that. I think Texas has a much better chance at getting in than Ohio State. Ohio State isn't even playing today and Texas is looking very impressive in their conference championship game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Alabama beats Georgia.

Texas is in (my guess, as long as they finish this game against OK State.)

The playoffs would be:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State (assuming FSU beats Louisville)
4. Texas (assuming Alabama beats Georgia)

Washington beats Florida State
Michigan beats Texas

Washington vs Michigan (National Championship game)

Crazy, how about that for a new Big 10 Rivalry!!

It could happen!!!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
FSU loses, Georgia loses...

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

FSU loses, Georgia wins

Georgia
Michigan
Washington
Texas

FSU wins, Georgia loses

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

FSU wins, Georgia Wins

Georgia
Michigan
Washington
FSU

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Michigan can absolutely stay at two if Bama beats Georgia and UW can
move to #! with a much bigger win against #5 opponent.
Michigan is playing a 2 loss #16 Iowa and if it's a struggle/close ect
looking at Michigans overall schedule how much have they beaten besides
Ohio St?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't see them giving Washington #1 based on how they've treated Washington all year. It took a long time to surpass FSU even though FSU had played no one.

Michigan in two weeks would have beaten OSU and Iowa, they aren't getting passed by UW.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Watching the Alabama/Georgia game.. Unless I'm missing someting, Huskies can beat both these teams.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
What about Alabama? Does a win today get them in?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What's really gonna mess things up is Michigan losing to Iowa 8 to 5 in the most anemic Iowa-esque game ever