What if Alabama beats Georgia?

Welshers2

Reaction score
I think they do put FSU at 4.
which screws UW because Texas is a much tougher game. And it sucks because FSU is undefeated and should be #3 but if you take the QB situation into account which they will as well as media factors. They will want Mich vs Texas in the title game as thats the biggest bucks. So UW will get screwed and have to play Texas in the CFP semifinal

Threedee

Reaction score
Clemson and Florida State are literally 30% of the national titles in the past 10 years. and 3/4 nattys that aren't the SEC.
They are legitimately good, even though their peers are hot garbage. That's also why a FSU or Clemson title is never in doubt (Miami is okay, though).

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Texas is the only team I don't want to play.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't see how Alabama passes Texas. Especially considering they have a H2H.

UW has a very good chance to win it all. Best QB & WR in the CFP.
Washington's front line on offense may be the best in the country from top to bottom. And their defensive front has gotten steadily better as the season has progressed. It was their defense that was more pronounced in some of their late season victories, not their offense. And UW is also getting healthy. Three key players are healthy and playing again. Lastly, UW has a feared running attack now with DJ in the backfield. He's been a revelation the last third of the season. Almost unstoppable. 156 yards against the vaunted Oregon defense.

If Penix is back on track like he looked last night, UW has the best receiving corp of all the remaining teams by a good measure.

I've watched all these teams play. If I truly thought any team was noticeably above UW, I'd say so. Oregon was the team I feared the most of the bunch, and we knocked them off for the second time last night.

NoGain

Reaction score
The narrative circulating now is that the final four will be..

1) Michigan (should be UW)
2) UW
3) Texas
4) Alabama

5) A pissed off FSU

But we'll see tomorrow morning. I still think the CFP playoff committee would like to see UW vs. MIchigan in the Rose Bowl, and Texas and Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. But I can't see how they could make that happen without some real mental gymnastics.

warden

Reaction score
Too bad it is not a non bias committee trying to rank the teams from best to worst. This trying to set up favorable match ups for ratings is trying to steer the outcome. Just like the NFL

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah I have a bad feeling UW will get screwed and end up playing the Sugar Bowl in Louisiana where it will basically be a home game for Texas/bama.

Based off wins they should be #1 (most top 25 wins and best strength of opponent), but because the committee refuses to document a standard they have to abide by they can fudge it to put teams wherever they want (and I think they want to be proven right to have kept UW out of the top 4 for so long)... People act like point totals are some big indicator but when you look at the major pro sports points don't mean jack... It's all about who you beat. NFL tiebreakers are all on who you beat and strength of schedule. Not point totals (at least not until waaaay down the tie breaker list)... There's a reason for that...

NoGain

Reaction score
No matter what, the CFP committee is going to have some splaining to do tomorrow morning. There could be some real pretzel logic involved.

Chapow

Reaction score
The narrative circulating now is that the final four will be..

1) Michigan (should be UW)
2) UW
3) Texas
4) Alabama

5) A pissed off FSU

This is probably the worst case scenario for UW.

Chapow

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just high on crack (although I don't recall smoking any crack today) or it's wishful thinking, but I'm having a really hard time seeing how the CFP committee leaves out an undefeated 13-0 ACC conference champion.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just high on crack (although I don't recall smoking any crack today) or it's wishful thinking, but I'm having a really hard time seeing how the CFP committee leaves out an undefeated 13-0 ACC conference champion.
Alabama lost by 10 at home to Texas. **** Alabama.

Alabama's ranked victories:
Georgia
Ole Miss (Who has beaten... Tulane, LSU)
LSU (Who has beaten... nobody)

Alabama's only impressive win is Georgia. And while it's tough to not have an SEC school in the playoffs, Georgia was the ticket after Texas beat Alabama.

Guess what committee, FSU also beat LSU, and beat the crap out of em.

Remember when Duke was ranked and Drake Maye was good? FSU beat them out of a season. They also beat Clemson on the road.

I know it's Jordan Travis, but they are also 2-0 including a conference championship without him. I mean, might as well let Oregon in instead of Washington since UW had to beat them twice for anyone to say "ok, UW is good"

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It's not like I'm trying to argue that Alabama is bad, or Georgia doesn't deserve a chance at the title. The stupid 4 team playoff is a travesty in years like this where there is legitimately 8 teams who deserve a playoff format to prove it.

But P5 school that goes undefeated should by default be in the playoff.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Somewhere Florida State will be out and they will put Alabama in.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Alabama lost by 10 at home to Texas. **** Alabama.

Alabama's ranked victories:
Georgia
Ole Miss (Who has beaten... Tulane, LSU)
LSU (Who has beaten... nobody)

Alabama's only impressive win is Georgia. And while it's tough to not have an SEC school in the playoffs, Georgia was the ticket after Texas beat Alabama.

Guess what committee, FSU also beat LSU, and beat the crap out of em.

Remember when Duke was ranked and Drake Maye was good? FSU beat them out of a season. They also beat Clemson on the road.

I know it's Jordan Travis, but they are also 2-0 including a conference championship without him. I mean, might as well let Oregon in instead of Washington since UW had to beat them twice for anyone to say "ok, UW is good"

Florida State has only beat cupcake teams.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Somewhere Florida State will be out and they will put Alabama in.

That would really blow things up. Florida State is undefeated, won their conference, and their conference is 4-1 against the SEC this year.

The only logical thing to do is leave the SEC out. They don't deserve to be in it every damn year just because they are the SEC.

Would I be surprised if Bama gets in? No. But I wouldn't be surprised there's a massive riot if FSU is left out in favor of them, either.

Michigan
UW
FSU
Texas

You have to reward the unbeaten p5 conference champions first. Then you put in Texas because although they have one loss, they beat the SEC champs Bama.

QWERTY

Reaction score
That would really blow things up. Florida State is undefeated, won their conference, and their conference is 4-1 against the SEC this year.

The only logical thing to do is leave the SEC out. They don't deserve to be in it every damn year just because they are the SEC.

Would I be surprised if Bama gets in? No. But I wouldn't be surprised there's a massive riot if FSU is left out in favor of them, either.

Michigan
UW
FSU
Texas

You have to reward the unbeaten p5 conference champions first. Then you put in Texas because although they have one loss, they beat the SEC champs Bama.
Florida State can play against Oregon or Ohio State and get destroyed.

The committee ain't dumb they know without QB #1 they will be knocked off easily.