What if Alabama beats Georgia?

NoGain

Reaction score
Texas will beat UW. UW needs HFA
LOL UW has won 10 non-home games in a row, not losing a road game or game away from home since October 8th, 2022. And they beat Texas last year in the Alamo Bowl played in Texas.

Just stop.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
CFP committee officially making CFB a joke. Regular season doesn't matter. Just slip them some bribes and you'll be fine.

I really hope FSU does something crazy in protest. Don't take the field for the game or something.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Well if there is one thing you do it’s use logic for all your takes…lulz
Can you at least try and find a legitimate angle. Not sure Ive ever seen you be correct.

Chawker

Reaction score
I feel deep sorrow for all of the Florida St kids that worked there asses off all season and to get screwed over by the SEC is a crime in my book. Its all about the all mighty dollar. What ever happen to truth justice and the American way ?

They're WRONG !

I have no kind words to say about this. My heart goes out to FSU.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a horrible precedent to set. A guy on your team not only gets injured, but that injury is now the reason you aren't getting into the playoffs.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I feel deep sorrow for all of the Florida St kids that worked there asses off all season and to get screwed over by the SEC is a crime in my book. Its all about the all mighty dollar. What ever happen to truth justice and the American way ?

They're WRONG !

I have no kind words to say about this. My heart goes out to FSU.
This wouldn't be a problem if they just didn't limit the playoffs to 4 teams! 4 teams, out of all the FBS teams out there, especially with how competitive the top teams are, that's ridiculous.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is weirdly ironic that FSU gets knocked out of the CFB from a game they scheduled one of those trashcan opponents to give an easier ride to the playoffs.
Isn't their bowl game opponent Georgia now? If so, if they can beat Georgia soundly it would put a lot of egg on the face of the committee.

But based on some of their games, and the weakness of their schedule - even with a healthy QB it's hard to argue FSU is a top 4 team.

QWERTY

Reaction score
It is weirdly ironic that FSU gets knocked out of the CFB from a game they scheduled one of those trashcan opponents to give an easier ride to the playoffs.
Isn't their bowl game opponent Georgia now? If so, if they can beat Georgia soundly it would put a lot of egg on the face of the committee.

But based on some of their games, and the weakness of their schedule - even with a healthy QB it's hard to argue FSU is a top 4 team.
FSU QB was 8/21 0 TD 4 sacks against a decent Louisville team which is top 25. When they play Georgia, they will get demolished.

For the guys that think FSU should be #3, do you also believe Libery should had gotten #4 when they were 13-0?

Chawker

Reaction score
FSU QB was 8/21 0 TD 4 sacks against a decent Louisville team which is top 25. When they play Georgia, they will get demolished.

For the guys that think FSU should be #3, do you also believe Libery should had gotten #4 when they were 13-0?

Why not, everybody loves a underdog. Texas and Alabama had there chances.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm convinced that the CFP committee wanted Georgia to win and Florida State to lose. Thus setting up a UW and Michigan semi in the Rose Bowl, and a Georgia and Texas semi in the Sugar Bowl.

Of course they wanted FSU to lose, so they wouldn't have to make the hard decision to leave them out or else risk another "but they deserve to be in the final four" like they mistakenly made last year sending TCU to get their asses handed to them by Georgia.

The system sucks, it's a bad playoff system. Always has been, that's why it's finally changing next year.

It's a business, an entertainment business. No one wanted to see FSU get destroyed with their 3rd string QB, and no one in their right mind can say after the SEC Championship that Alabama isn't a better team right now than FSU.

Again, not fair or cool. But since when is the business world fair. Maximize eyeballs and make the most money possible. This final four gives the NCAA and their media partners just that. FSU being down 24 at halftime cause they can't score any points against superior opponents doesn't do that.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Of course they wanted FSU to lose, so they wouldn't have to make the hard decision to leave them out or else risk another "but they deserve to be in the final four" like they mistakenly made last year sending TCU to get their asses handed to them by Georgia.

The system sucks, it's a bad playoff system. Always has been, that's why it's finally changing next year.

It's a business, an entertainment business. No one wanted to see FSU get destroyed with their 3rd string QB, and no one in their right mind can say after the SEC Championship that Alabama isn't a better team right now than FSU.

Again, not fair or cool. But since when is the business world fair. Maximize eyeballs and make the most money possible. This final four gives the NCAA and their media partners just that. FSU being down 24 at halftime cause they can't score any points against superior opponents doesn't do that.
Great and correct take. It's not fake to FSU but it's certainly better for viewing purposes. After FSU is murdered by Georgia in the bowl game everyone will forget about this

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This is just straight up trolling or lack of any effort at all. UW has beaten Oregon (a much better team than Texas) at home, on the road, and at a neutral field over the last two seasons. They also beat Texas at the Alamo Bowl (which in case you didn't know, is played in Texas). Texas has a very poor secondary, advantage UW. Even bigger advantage now that UW's running game is legit. If Texas cannot stop the run, Penix will completey pick apart that secondary at will thanks to JMac and Polk both being back to full strength and Odunze (the best WR in the country) being barely coverable by much better secondaries we've faced.

With our starting secondary actually playing (safeties have been an injury issue all season) this all amounts to this matchup being incredibly good for Washington. I'm not saying they are going to blow Texas out, I don't think that will happen, but they will be extremely difficult for Texas to beat.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Isn't the ACC is one of the teams that voted against the expanded playoff?
If so, they screwed themselves.

Last edited: