Least Favorite All Time Seahawk Player

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Optimus25":1uz4dvze said:
Kelly Jennings.

Every pass defended seemed like a miracle from the heavens. I swear to this day that JS and PC decided to go after rangy physical db's from the wisdom gleaned after watching this twig child get mauled by bigger receivers day in day out. The late 2000s secondary was a painful part of my life.

Agreed, but I blame that more on those that wasted a first round pick on Jennings. They knew what they were getting. He could cover, but it amounted to absolutely nothing. I remember thinking he looked like a smurf, hovering around the waist of the receivers as they went up for uncontested catch after uncontested catch.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The best thing about Jennings was he was traded for Clinton McDonald who was a contributor to the SuperBowl win.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sdog1981":1yt4rlyt said:
The best thing about Jennings was he was traded for Clinton McDonald who was a contributor to the SuperBowl win.

Yeah well 2006 was a pretty bad draft. Really cant see a " what the hell were they thinking?" moment because they missed out on someone else.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This, to me, falls into two categories: 1. players I didn't like while they were Seahawks, and 2. players who created ill will on the way out or after they left.

The latter category has some obvious choices, such as Hutch.

The former category: I would have to put Kelly Jennings and Kerry Colbert right up there. So frustrating watching them fail in real time, and play after play, game after game.

Those who say Alexander, I have to welcome you to being new Seahawks fans. In his prime, no one thought he was a bad player at all. If you don't remember that game-after-game stat of at least one ten yard rush that went on for years, I'm really sorry you missed it. Every game, we'd wait for it to happen, and it would. There was some talk of being a little "soft" and avoiding tackles, but that was it. Marshawn Lynch forever changed our view of Alexander, and of running backs everywhere, really.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":19uxrnw1 said:
Those who say Alexander, I have to welcome you to being new Seahawks fans. In his prime, no one thought he was a bad player at all. If you don't remember that game-after-game stat of at least one ten yard rush that went on for years, I'm really sorry you missed it. Every game, we'd wait for it to happen, and it would. There was some talk of being a little "soft" and avoiding tackles, but that was it. Marshawn Lynch forever changed our view of Alexander, and of running backs everywhere, really.

So kind of like a,,,,,,,,,,,,, dog and butterfly like running back comparison? Both could be good no?

Wolf-and-the-butterfly.gif

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The only Seahawk in team history to win the NFL MVP award is considered the most hated by some. Tough crowd.

raisethe3

Reaction score
1st round pick Kelly Jennings.

The moment he played on the field had me:

14mt4y

UGotHawked

Reaction score
For me, I'd have to go with Aaron Curry. Big investment for a guy with a 2 cent brain and no heart. He actually caused me physical pain to watch him!

Dis-honorable mention goes to a guy I am surprised hasn't been mentioned - Deion Branch. Cost a 1st round pick and proceeded to spend more of his Hawk career on a treadmill/exercise bike than on the actual football field. Don't forget the "Anybody want me - come find me" line.

chris98251

Reaction score
Defensive end Lawrence Jackson
Defensive tackle Lamar King
Fullback Owen Gill
Quarterback Dan McGwire
Offensive Tackle Chris McIntosh

But most of all QB David Greene long time members know why :)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Kelly Stouffer and that moron of a coach from the Raiders Tom Flores.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't dislike the guy but Rick Mirer just wasn't what he was supposed to be. I had high hopes for that pick.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Rat":4ybl5g9a said:
Jerramy Stevens. Dropped four passes in the Super Bowl, and is married to a Goddess he doesn't deserve.

LOL...to each his own but after reading this thread and looking up those pics.....I would RUN RUN RUN away as fast as I can! My God! I'm going to have nightmares!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Most intense dislike....Poison Pill Hutch. Frustrating dislike......Jeremy Stevens.with his SB play. I can name a few Head Coaches that wish never came here.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Too bad it's limited to players, because otherwise I'd say Tom Flores. Hired to be the GM, fired Knox and hired himself as coach, ran the franchise straight into the ground, then went back to the Raiders. I have no doubt he was being paid on the side by Al Davis to ruin the Seahawks, which is a much cheaper way of winning than paying players. Since we were in the same division and perennially beat them during regular season (for you young-uns).

Seafan

Reaction score
Whitless and it's not close. He led Paul Allen astray on two franchises. Worthless.

#2 would be Flores.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Kearse, by a mile. The most trusted (by Wilson) and unreliable WR in football. But, but, but he's so clutch. Is he?

Mick063

Reaction score
Stan Gelbaugh

The worst player to ever put on a Seahawk uniform.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Uncle Si":5noxev0a said:
NJlargent":5noxev0a said:
Rick Mirer. He stunk and so did we for a long time. I also knew Bledsoe was going to be the better pick

I thought about this a bit... certainly Rick Mirer has to be the worst player the Seahawks have had, more for what could've been and for what he should've been and how that set the franchise back...

But it wasn't HIS fault he sucked.

Josh Brown for me... guy is just not a good person and sullied the franchise at many turns

At least Rick netted us Shawn Springs after the Bears trade. I agree he was an enormous bust, but he did win 20 games for us. On a franchise the lists McGuire, Gelbaugh, and Stouffer as its one time starters, I don't think Mirer can be considered won of the worst Seahawks. Biggest disappointment? Oh heck yes and I can see what he is your least favorite.

TJ Housh, Jarrraammmmy Stevens, and "Slave to the businessman" Brown for me. They are the usual suspects, but I couldn't stand them. I think the fact that we won the Super Bowl, somewhat emotionally minimilizes my rancor towards Percy.