Least Favorite All Time Seahawk Player

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Optimus25":1k3mlwlc said:
Kelly Jennings.

Every pass defended seemed like a miracle from the heavens. I swear to this day that JS and PC decided to go after rangy physical db's from the wisdom gleaned after watching this twig child get mauled by bigger receivers day in day out. The late 2000s secondary was a painful part of my life.

I second this. Kelly Jennings. Some other guys here were/are turds but nobody infuriated me more to watch than seeing Kelly F'n Jennings be in PRIME position to make plays and simply not make them, or just get completely burned.

If you wanna know how to prove he's the worst I offer you the "Kelly Jennings Challenge", which I have posted here before.

Simply google image search "Kelly Jennings".

Every photo that is an actual game photo is 99% certain to be him being out-fought, out-jumped, and plain out-played for a ball, or being outrun, or being run over.

He was our first round draft pick coming off the year in which we appeared in our first superbowl. Blah. Gross.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Boz was a bust but he also had character too. I was a kid when he first came out and with his haircut, the mean streak he was fun to root for and I had a land of boz poster in my room. Shortly after we signed him I got a boz cut and read his book. So I always liked him, but from a football perspective I could see why he would be least favorite for some.

kobebryant

Reaction score
dadof3":39h59azz said:
The receiver who's name I can't spell but the stadium chanted "douche" on the rare occasions he caught a pass. And Kelly Jennings

The possible name has me thinking that it may be TJ Houshmandzadeh who you are thinking of. But it is probably someone else if you're thinking of someone who only rarely had a reception, as TJ caught 79 for 900 yards in his one season as a Hawk.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31dz5kql said:
Bosworth

I can't ever remember being more excited for a player that was turned out to be such a colossal bust than Boz. Compounded by the fact that all he did while he was here was talk smack and whore his brand.

I guess I understand "bust" as in only got to play two seasons and his mouth could be tiresome at times. Guy had some bad injuries and he just couldn't cash checks his mouth was writing anymore. That said, the 2 years he did play, he was a very good NFL linebacker. While his longevity was disappointing, his play was not. Wanted to back it up with stats but you cannot find one damn stat on him except his 4 sacks so I will have to stick with personal empirical evidence.

One of his contemporaries, Matt Millen, defended Bosworth, saying that he remembers an excellent linebacker who simply had injuries catch up to him.1

Bosworth was forced to retire after only two seasons in 1989, having suffered a shoulder injury in the 1988 season. Team Doctor Pierce E. Scranton Jr. explained that "Brian was a twenty-five-year-old with the shoulders of a sixty-year-old. He flunked my physical." In 1993 Bosworth prevailed in a $7M lawsuit against Lloyd's of London. Lloyd's position was that Bosworth's shoulder was injured as result of degenerative arthritis which was not covered in his policy. Bosworth maintained his injury was sustained during a single hit. 1

1 Wikipedia

silvergun

Reaction score
Franco Harris.

He didn't want to be here and Seattle didn't seem to want him either.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I agree with most of the names in this thread but I'll add a player that constantly irritated me when he was in the game: Brian Russell.

I have never in my life seen anyone play more slowly on an NFL field. Horrible angles and the slowest reactions imaginable with zero catchup ability.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Archer":2incdos0 said:
I agree with most of the names in this thread but I'll add a player that constantly irritated me when he was in the game: Brian Russell.

I have never in my life seen anyone play more slowly on an NFL field. Horrible angles and the slowest reactions imaginable with zero catchup ability.

Yeah but he had a lot of grit. That still makes me laugh.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We would never have had Jerramy Stevens had it not been for the holdout of Itula Mili. We would have drafted Ed Reed instead.

Mili spent 5 years doing pretty much nothing for the Seahawks except collecting paychecks, then when it was his turn to give back to the team that gave him so much and carried him patiently for so long, he held out for more money.

Combine that with him causing Jerramy Stevens and the Ed Reed rooster-block, and you have by far my least favourite Seahawk of all time.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
silvergun":wtabm9pq said:
Franco Harris.

He didn't want to be here and Seattle didn't seem to want him either.
Thats the name that came to my mind.He acted like he was too good for the Hawks.I hated seeing him wear the Hawk jersey and Warner being out was the reason.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
dadof3":14v63b48 said:
The receiver who's name I can't spell but the stadium chanted "douche" on the rare occasions he caught a pass. And Kelly Jennings

This is a little bit of an odd one. Houshmandzadeh was a decent player for the whole 1 year he was a Hawk. Had 79 catches for 911 yards...I can understand not being a fan, but least favorite all time?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
tacomahawk":klryaszm said:
Archer":klryaszm said:

Yeah but he had a lot of grit. That still makes me laugh.

He worked really hard and was really smart to.

Cause you know, all slow white guys are smart and hard working.

lukerguy

Reaction score
dadof3":1e9oroo5 said:

Is this a joke? Because if it wasn't then this is hilarious. They were saying "Housh"...lol But he certainly wasn't likeable .

two dog

Reaction score
Alexander because he is the anti-Marshawn. He never gutted out a play or broke a tackle
unless it was within scoring distance. Feather touch brought him down or scared him out of bounds.
Fat contract in his pocket made every run a business decision.

Not Rice because he was never really a Seahawk so he counts as nothing with me.

By the way, Ronda Rousey is a little less hot after that brazilian girl kicked the dog tar out of her.

Josea16

Reaction score
TJ Houshmandzadeh, he was so bad the Seahawks PAID him to leave. Kelly Jennings is 1b and Percival Harvin is 1c. So much to hate about each one.

Hating on Bosworth is ridiculous he actually knew how to play the position unlike Aaron Curry. His body betrayed him and HGH wasn't a thing in his era. He was the first football player that understood marketing and personal branding so don't hate just because he was obviously intelligent and a generation before his time. 8)

massari

Reaction score
Nothing personal against Harvin, but the amount of draft picks(1st+3rd+7th) and cap room they gave up for him and got nothing but a SB TD they didn't even need, makes him come to mind as one of the least favorite.

Oh, and the Vikings drafted one of the best CB's Xavier Rhodes with the 1st rounder from the Hawks. :(

Latest posts