Favorite Team

Aircrew

Reaction score
Thank you for your service.

2003 was my choice as well.

The trio of DJack, Koren Robinson, and Engram, as well as the emergence of Jerramy Stevens and Alexander hitting his stride as a star. Hasselebeck finally won control of the team and the trust of Holmgren. That team played with so much heart. It was sad when it came to a crashing end with the "we want the ball and we're gonna score!" game in Green Bay. But it was still a really fun team to watch

The one thing I do disagree with the OP is in regards to role models. Not to derail the thread but the 2013 team had plenty of good role models. Avril, Chancellor, Wagner, Sherm and Wilson all did great things for the community. The 2005 team had Alexander and Hass and Tatupu, great guys for sure. But notorious thug Jerramy Stevens will forever be a skid mark on this franchise. The things he did growing up in Olympia, beating up kids with baseball bats, then marrying his alter ego in Hope Solo. It's a shame he's the first Seahawk to catch a TD in the Superbowl.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Totally agree on all points. The first game of the season we hosted the Saints, who were favored, and I'll never forget the devastating hit Ken Hamlin put on Dante Stallworth. Oof, I felt that one up in the nose bleeds, still one of my favorite Seahawks related pics.
They were a good bunch of dudes, like you said, lots of heart. The loss in GB stung, but you knew the Hawks were just getting started. Good times!

Attachments

• 205519620238983c0f12f0991f443125.jpg
    205519620238983c0f12f0991f443125.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Thank you, much appreciated.

Totally agree on all points. The first game of the season we hosted the Saints, who were favored, and I'll never forget the devastating hit Ken Hamlin put on Dante Stallworth. Oof, I felt that one up in the nose bleeds, still one of my favorite Seahawks related pics.
They were a good bunch of dudes, like you said, lots of heart. The loss in GB stung, but you knew the Hawks were just getting started. Good times!
Hamlin dropped Anquon Bolden the following week in AZ.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
You're right, Manning only played in the first quarter but it was already 14-3.

That was a dark day, Tony Dungy wasn't there because his son had committed suicide.

Isn't it weird that things look old from 2005?

View attachment 57225

Everybody on the national view wanted us to lose that game because they felt sorry for Tony Dungy. The Seahawks were expected to play the "Washington Generals" role and just roll over for the Colts so that everyone could have a heartwarming story about Dungy. It's like, WTF??? How disrespectful can you get?

That's a major reason why I was so happy we won that game. Not to be disrespectful to Dungy or his situation at the time, but rather to be respectful of our own team and fans, and have a backbone for ourselves. Why in the hell should we be expected to lose??? Just because we're "only the nobody Seahawks."

Last edited: