Kam's tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What is the Pats disparity?

They generally have a decent defense. They build the offense around a solid line and one or 2 good receivers with a decent rb.

Our defense is asked to repeatedly hold the door so the offense can do the last drive heroics. But then the offense (qb) gets all the accolades and feating. Meanwhile Kam and Earl literally injured themselves because of our offensesive incompetence then people gave Kam crap for rightfully holding out.

As for our QB not drunken tweeting? Once he plays a full 4 quarters he can drunken tweet to his heart's content. The problem is he doesn't produce save in the 1 of four quarters. So either pay him 1/4 and apply the rest to the defense that actually does it's job....or fix the offense so we don't need the last minute heroics.

Everybody else is expected to 'do your job', the offense should too.

I'm on record as not being sure this is Wilson's fault. But I can see where Kam could be frustrated to see his QB sputter for 3 quarters while the defense busts it *sses.

There have been hints and leaks about how the defense is frustrated with our offense. It should be clear why.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2tyj9nak said:
What is the Pats disparity?

They generally have a decent defense. They build the offense around a solid line and one or 2 good receivers with a decent rb.

Our defense is asked to repeatedly hold the door so the offense can do the last drive heroics. But then the offense (qb) gets all the accolades and feating. Meanwhile Kam and Earl literally injured themselves because of our offensesive incompetence then people gave Kam crap for rightfully holding out.

As for our QB not drunken tweeting? Once he plays a full 4 quarters he can drunken tweet to his heart's content. The problem is he doesn't produce save in the 1 of four quarters. So either pay him 1/4 and apply the rest to the defense that actually does it's job....or fix the offense so we don't need the last minute heroics.

Everybody else is expected to 'do your job', the offense should too.

I'm on record as not being sure this is Wilson's fault. But I can see where Kam could be frustrated to see his QB sputter for 3 quarters while the defense busts it *sses.

There have been hints and leaks about how the defense is frustrated with our offense. It should be clear why.

The Pats defense is no more "decent" than the Seattle offense has been.

Im sure Brady is still trying to figure out his team lost the most recent Super Bowl...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, I think we see a new Wilson this year.

With another OC, I don't see how even an average OC could produce an offense that sputters and dies for 3 quarters while making Wilson into the 2nd coming for Rex Grossman.

Wilson can be great when we need it. So I think he will start earning the entire paycheck not just 1/4 of it.

But Kam has every right to be upset it took this long.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree with most that a comment like this on social media will recieve an immediate reaction....mostly negative.

So, not surprised.

But, many have agree that the offense was terrible.

Bevell must go.
Cable must go.
We wasted so many draft picks on OLinemen
We've been frustrated with so many injuries, Paul Richardson, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls...
Didn't ultilize Jimmy Graham
We let veteran OLinemen go....all the starters from the winning SB team are long gone.

The list is very long about the issues with this offense so Kam leaves a vague tweet....basically confirming what so many here have complained about, but...

I agree he shouldn't have tweeted this, but he's kinda confirming what many have complained about last year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1tbqgy3w said:
To be fair, I think we see a new Wilson this year.

With another OC, I don't see how even an average OC could produce an offense that sputters and dies for 3 quarters while making Wilson into the 2nd coming for Rex Grossman ('F* it, I'm Going Long').

Wilson can be great when we need it. So I think he will start earning the entire paycheck not just 1/4 of it.

But Kam has every right to be upset it took this long.

I dont disagree he can be upset. I imagine losing invokes alot of emotion in the NFL.

The way these guys go about expressing it of late is naive and immature though. Trying to take a shot at the offense, 3 months into the offseason, with all the turnover, seems like he's begging for attention.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3nxipv0n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KamChancellor/status/982222421238272005[/tweet]
Probably but to get any true meaning you would also have to account for the disparity in resources needed to be successful given to the defensive side of the ball over the offensive side of the ball.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
My response to the tweet was, "Is there a stat that shows the negative impact on an offense when a team pays the players all across the defense top, or close to top money for their postions?" These guys are really pissing me off. Where did they think the money came from? You have to rob from Peter to pay Paul. It sucks that a few guys i conidered to be my favorites all time are turning out to be selfish assholes. Im tired of all the noise surrounding ths team. From media, pissy fans and selfish players, it's gotta stop. I'm going to miss this team, but am glad they are cleaning house. Maybe this new team will surprise us, and be hungry and better than we expected.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2xdttjuw said:
IndyHawk":2xdttjuw said:
Sterlinghawk":2xdttjuw said:
Scorpion05":2xdttjuw said:
Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that

To be clear, I don't think Kam's tweet was a call out. It was more on the level of guys giving each other crap, but the fact he did it on a public forum could be interpreted as an indication of something festering somewhere. IF this is the case I would like a leader like Kam to address it on a "tell the truth Monday" or somewhere behind the scenes and appropriate to healthy discussion and resolution. It should be addressed and put to rest. This would be Veteran leadership.

Had Kam said,

Oh please. Stop endorsing 3 qtrs of pathetic offence. This would indeed be a call out and odd behavior in a public forum.

As to your point regarding "ALL THE MONEYYYY" was spent on the defense." This hasn't been true since RW got his second contract, which coincides with " the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently."

I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense

The offense needs to step up . Anything that helps make this happen sooner rather than later i'm all for. Even if it starts with Kam pitching a little crap on twitter.
Twitter stuff means nothing to me ..
Kam may well be talking about the 3 qtrs of no offense we saw a lot of last year
I cannot say he is wrong for doing so.
As for the bolded above... :2thumbs:

Regarding the bolded, one can formulate an opinion without resorting to lies and hyperbole. Even last year ~54% of the cap was spent on the defense, even more the year before. Interestingly, we won the Super Bowl when we were paying the offense more.

Reference: http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...y-that-has-shaped-the-seahawks-offensive-line

Just as one can formulate a response without being obtuse

Pointing out that a franchise Qb got paid is extremely silly. Name one that isn’t. In fact, I’m pretty sure several get paid more than Russell with less production. Some of you wouldn’t mind having Derek Carr at the price he’s getting paid, which says plenty

Name one offensive star on offense aside from Doug Baldwin. I’ll wait. Fact is, Sherman, Wagz, Earl, Bennett, Wright, AVril, and Kam were ALL paid and that’s a lot more than we’ve ever been able to say for the offense since having Okung and Rice. So yea, the complaining by the defense is pathetic, because the expensive contracts are mainly on defense by volume alone. Spend money on an RB, an O-line, or a top WR then we can have a logical debate. Otherwise this is just excusing the defense living up to the identity Pete wanted

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Until the defense gets 3/4 of the cap, then the offense is not pulling its weight when the defense is doing 3/4 of the work.

And 54% of the cap is barely 'a majority'.

The simple truth is the QB is eating a tremendous amount of the offensive spend but not producing a tremendous amount. That needs to change.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15oc84sd said:
Until the defense gets 3/4 of the cap, then the offense is not pulling its weight when the defense is doing 3/4 of the work.

The simple truth is the QB is eating a tremendous amount of the offensive spend but not producing a tremendous amount. That needs to change.
The QB Was 82% of our offensive production alone. He’s paid about 10th in salaries for his position in the NFL but that amount is close to average for an NFL starter.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gycg2e7e said:

Pulling numbers out of your nether regions doesn't make your argument any more convincing. Prove the defense did 3/4 of the work.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":p1ybhazl said:
One side did not carry its weight.

I can see their frustration watching a QB squander scoring opportunities for 3 full quarters, playing pattycake with the other team while the defense wears it self down keeping the door shut.

The defense gave the offense short fields, turnovers and repeatedly made up for mistakes by the offense that gave the opposing offense short fields. They have a right to be upset when the same QB that does damn near nothing for 3 full quarters a game gets accolades for 'being a one man band'.

It was not just turnovers that allowed the defense to create opportunities for the offense.

The defense was always the reason the Seahawks were great. But the QB got the Alaska airlines commercials. Sure that is going to rub a lot of them the wrong way.

But, we don't know just how much of the incompetent offense was the fault of the QB or the OC. So hopefully the years of the defense constantly bailing out the offense are over. We don't have a good enough defense anymore anyway, so for once the offense will have to earn its keep.

I hope it can.

PS Kam is one of the creators of the LOB and a linchpin in the defense that got us to the SB. Wilson would not have sniffed a SB without him. Because of him, Browner, Sherman and Thomas along with Lynch - we have a SB win. So has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to. Especially when considering just how great our defense was and what that defense had to do to get us wins.

The past is the past, and sniveling about it now by players or FANS, does nothing to change anything, and oh, without Wilson & Lynch, Kam wouldn't have sniffed a chance at a SB either, as it took BOTH sides of the ball >> WINNING<< to even get a shot at playing in SB 48. it was the >>SUCCESS<< of >>BOTH Defense & OFFENSE<< It's NEVER just one side ALL BY IT'S LONESOME.

The Breh

Reaction score
strohmin":2ndma8lu said:
Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.
I've been dying to know this....when you talk out of your ass, does the room smell like farts ?
:snack:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2rr6r0jt said:

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

3rd down percentage, 15th, 12th, 7th and 9th in opponent conversions....

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Eamon696":9ft1fez5 said:
Is there a stat for the number of times that the Defense gave up a gamewinning drive?

Oh wait. There is. It's called Losses.

The revisionism and lack of accountability amongst some of the members of the Defense is ridiculous. Did the Offense mess up on the goal line during the super bowl? Of course. But it was the Defense that gave up a 10 point lead to the Patriots that put them there in the first place. And then there was the Falcons Divisional round game, and so many others.

This sort of attitude doesn't help anything. If Kam doesn't want to buy in anymore, then he should leave (and that hurts me to say, because I will always love the LOB and what they did for this team).

What about the Panthers game :lol:

31 points given up in 1st half

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
strohmin":wxlya90d said:
I don't see anything promising from this offense. Our offense after Lynch has been a dumpster fire. Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time. A historically great defense wasted because of a pathetically horrific offense and a stupid play call. At this point, Pete is just trying to end his career on a high note, but I don't think he has what it takes to put together a winning team anymore.

The OFFENSIVE LINE has been a dumpster fire. How can you say Wilson has regressed when the OL is straight up garbage and one year Wilson was the leading rusher.

adeltaY

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1pfs6hl1 said:
Shanegotyou11":1pfs6hl1 said:

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

3rd down percentage, 15th, 12th, 7th and 9th in opponent conversions....

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

BOOM, there's the stats to prove it. Below average in forcing turnovers and barely top 10 at best on third down for the #1 paid defense. Explain twisted how the defense was doing 3/4 of the work?

And my goodness the 1st vs. 4th quarter disparity was only this year for Wilson. STOP saying that it is true of him as a QB, the stats show its untrue. Just last year his 1st half rating was better than his 2nd half rating.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Breh":36qx10l2 said:
strohmin":36qx10l2 said:
Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.
I've been dying to know this....when you talk out of your ass, does the room smell like farts ?

:snack:

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.