Kam's tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We turn a blind eye to the FO and the recent head scratching moves because they were here when we won the Lombardi yet we throw Kam to the wolves for a tweet when he made up a big part of the heartbeat of that championship team.

I have no problem with him jawing, he’s earned it. Without him, Sherm, Lynch and Russ there’s no trophy. Keep talking Kam your insight is invaluable.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3rhow9mk said:
hawknation2018":3rhow9mk said:
The overreaction is funny to me. :lol:
Whose?, Kam's ?, or the Fans?, or both?

I think there are a lot of assumptions/tears/whining on social media, generally.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":30g6r6f2 said:
Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Guess not so much as far as the defense feels. It may change with new coaches and a new OC, but it has been there.

Kam may have been drunk, may be venting since he has nothing to lose as far as salary anyway, he may know more about what's going on with Earl and this is a frustration tweet, who knows. But the fact this is another indication about the separation of the two squads is once again a showing that all is not right in the land of OZ.

I have no problem with him calling out the offense, the defense has been carrying them, scratch that dragging them through games for years. The only way it gets fixed is if it's addressed, Pete and John have not held the offense accountable till very recently with Cable and Bevell being let go and the DC Richard who seemed to use a prevent off the line zone approach in regards to defense rather then a Jam and man to man which we were built on.

Maybe this is calling out Pete, maybe this is Calling out Wilson, or both. But it is asking for accountability going forward of the offense.

Ok, fine. Maybe do it face to face then...not over Twitter...in April. What the hell Kam? Grow the F up.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I don't think Kam was necessarily attacking the offense. To me it sounds like he was generally just asking a question to gauge the defense's effectiveness in said situations. I think people are just taking it personal because of our awareness of the ineffectiveness of the offense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":kp1sify0 said:
Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.
Can you really blame him? He's been an integral part of a defense that kept giving the offense tons of opportunities, well above average, and they kept pissing them away in stupid fashion most of the time; for HALF A DECADE.

The NFL is his job. I know I've voiced annoyances about coworkers or other departments in my workplaces before.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RolandDeschain":375v2t6r said:
Aros":375v2t6r said:
Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.
Can you really blame him? He's been an integral part of a defense that kept giving the offense tons of opportunities, well above average, and they kept pissing them away in stupid fashion most of the time; for HALF A DECADE.

The NFL is his job. I know I've voiced annoyances about coworkers or other departments in my workplaces before.

That's all fine and dandy, but I would HOPE that it was specific and to their face, not some vague, cryptic statement said on Facebook or any other social media site.
Kam is smart enough to know how reckless this type of shit is.. ESPECIALLY with all of the rest of the extra 'noise' surrounding the TEAM.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
This was probably the most cancerous locker room of all time last year.

Forgot to get rid of one other guy. Incredible egos for a team sport.

Can't lie, glad we're turning the page from many of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":29udsbf2 said:
chris98251":29udsbf2 said:
Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Guess not so much as far as the defense feels. It may change with new coaches and a new OC, but it has been there.

Kam may have been drunk, may be venting since he has nothing to lose as far as salary anyway, he may know more about what's going on with Earl and this is a frustration tweet, who knows. But the fact this is another indication about the separation of the two squads is once again a showing that all is not right in the land of OZ.

I have no problem with him calling out the offense, the defense has been carrying them, scratch that dragging them through games for years. The only way it gets fixed is if it's addressed, Pete and John have not held the offense accountable till very recently with Cable and Bevell being let go and the DC Richard who seemed to use a prevent off the line zone approach in regards to defense rather then a Jam and man to man which we were built on.

Maybe this is calling out Pete, maybe this is Calling out Wilson, or both. But it is asking for accountability going forward of the offense.

Ok, fine. Maybe do it face to face then...not over Twitter...in April. What the hell Kam? Grow the F up.

Pretty sure the defense did do it face to face, remember Sherman, even the offense has, Graham, Lynch, Baldwin.

Type A personality's confront, following the company line and chain of command can be tried but if the message gets hushed and diluted in not wanting to hurt feelings and soften blows then the message isn't really sent then is it.

We have socially been programmed to trust leaders, bosses, and hierarchy to do the right thing and that they will listen to the rank and file and act surprised when nothing happens. Fear of repercussions for standing and speaking up has suppressed the freedom and confidence that voices will be heard. When someone does speak up now day they are now looked at as a disruption. Wonder how many would think and react if they had lived in the 60's.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MO Hawk":3fqn3ip3 said:
Is there a stat on why a defense can't seem to get off the field and constantly get's beat on 3rd and long?

For the amount of money spent on defense last year, they sure didn't produce. I wouldn't be talking Kam, the D was no better, even with the LOB mostly healthy at the beginning of the season, you got beat over and over when we needed the D to produce a 3 and out.

That defense held both the Packers and Rams to under 17 points in their own houses. Might want to check scoreboards before throwing out revisionist history.

Kam needs to keep his mouth shut, but he's not wrong about the offense. And this board knew it full well at the time. It's faded from memory now compared to the newness of Kam's tweet, but this board knew it full well at the time.

strohmin

Reaction score
I don't see anything promising from this offense. Our offense after Lynch has been a dumpster fire. Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time. A historically great defense wasted because of a pathetically horrific offense and a stupid play call. At this point, Pete is just trying to end his career on a high note, but I don't think he has what it takes to put together a winning team anymore.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One side did not carry its weight.

I can see their frustration watching a QB squander scoring opportunities for 3 full quarters, playing pattycake with the other team while the defense wears it self down keeping the door shut.

The defense gave the offense short fields, turnovers and repeatedly made up for mistakes by the offense that gave the opposing offense short fields. They have a right to be upset when the same QB that does damn near nothing for 3 full quarters a game gets accolades for 'being a one man band'.

It was not just turnovers that allowed the defense to create opportunities for the offense.

The defense was always the reason the Seahawks were great. But the QB got the Alaska airlines commercials. Sure that is going to rub a lot of them the wrong way.

But, we don't know just how much of the incompetent offense was the fault of the QB or the OC. So hopefully the years of the defense constantly bailing out the offense are over. We don't have a good enough defense anymore anyway, so for once the offense will have to earn its keep.

I hope it can.

PS Kam is one of the creators of the LOB and a linchpin in the defense that got us to the SB. Wilson would not have sniffed a SB without him. Because of him, Browner, Sherman and Thomas along with Lynch - we have a SB win. So has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to. Especially when considering just how great our defense was and what that defense had to do to get us wins.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Who cares? If he comes back he's going to play great, assuming the injury doesn't hamper his play on the field. As vin said, we have ZERO context for the tweet, so the amount of reaching in this thread is a bit much.

I can see both sides. The offense, especially the offensive line and playcalling, definitely cost us games. Of course some here will turn this on Russ as well, we are Seahawks fans after all smh. However, the defense has definitely cost us games and is was the #1 paid unit by cap% in the league. Even the full strength D was pushed around by a Titans offense that was shown to be pretty meh over the course of the season. Our interception numbers have steadily dwindled since 2013, so it's not fair to say the defense has consistently given the offense prime scoring position.

Also, saying the defense and Lynch wouldn't have won a SB without Wilson...... let's see them beat that 49ers team in the NFC championship game with a Trent Dilfer type at QB. You can say that Wilson cost us one SB, but didn't the D cost us a shot at the SB in 2012 by choking that final drive when Wilson brought us back? What about in 2016 when they offered zero resistance to Atlanta? Remember the 99 yard drive where the Falcons glided down the field on 10 straight pass plays? What about that pass to David Johnson that cost us a bye in Week 17 of 2016? I seem to remember a certain Kam Chancellor in coverage.... what about that TD Dion Bailey gave up that gave the Rams a path to win in Week 1 of 2015? Wasn't that Kam Chancellor's replacement due to his holdout?

There's plenty of blame to go around and we can play this game forever. Wilson has cost us games. The defense has cost us games. They are/were great, the defense especially. Guess what was almost never good? The offensive line! That's the #1 issue with this team from 2015 onward that has crippled us! The run game issues from 2016 onwards are linked to the OL as well. Our post-SB teams were actually good enough to challenge for more SBs, but the OL was so consistently terrible that if another part of the team had a bad day (wilson, defense, ST, RBs), we were screwed. It was too much of an anchor, and the playcalling/gameplanning abilities of our offensive coaches was not good enough to overcome it.

When I look back at what could've been, I'm sure as hell not going to be mad at the LoB, Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Marshawn Lynch, etc. It's going to be the damn offensive line, the offensive coaches, and whoever scouted/picked those players.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1f3pl0s2 said:
Sterlinghawk":1f3pl0s2 said:
Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

It is time for the offence to be accountable.

Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that

To be clear, I don't think Kam's tweet was a call out. It was more on the level of guys giving each other crap, but the fact he did it on a public forum could be interpreted as an indication of something festering somewhere. IF this is the case I would like a leader like Kam to address it on a "tell the truth Monday" or somewhere behind the scenes and appropriate to healthy discussion and resolution. It should be addressed and put to rest. This would be Veteran leadership.

Had Kam said,

Oh please. Stop endorsing 3 qtrs of pathetic offence. This would indeed be a call out and odd behavior in a public forum.

As to your point regarding "ALL THE MONEYYYY" was spent on the defense." This hasn't been true since RW got his second contract, which coincides with " the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently."

I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense.

The offense needs to step up . Anything that helps make this happen sooner rather than later i'm all for. Even if it starts with Kam pitching a little crap on twitter.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39smusmp said:
Aros":39smusmp said:

Christ.

Hell YES I can blame him! I don't care what he's done. Don't be a douchebag drunk tweeting at 4am passive aggressive nonsense that does NOTHING to heal the past nor be a solution for the present. Be a LEADER and represent yourself as one, especially when this organization has been nothing but kind to you throughout all your bullshit they've tolerated.

How many drunk tweets is Russell sending out?

Exactly.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":40xa991u said:
Scorpion05":40xa991u said:
Sterlinghawk":40xa991u said:
Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that

To be clear, I don't think Kam's tweet was a call out. It was more on the level of guys giving each other crap, but the fact he did it on a public forum could be interpreted as an indication of something festering somewhere. IF this is the case I would like a leader like Kam to address it on a "tell the truth Monday" or somewhere behind the scenes and appropriate to healthy discussion and resolution. It should be addressed and put to rest. This would be Veteran leadership.

Had Kam said,

Oh please. Stop endorsing 3 qtrs of pathetic offence. This would indeed be a call out and odd behavior in a public forum.

As to your point regarding "ALL THE MONEYYYY" was spent on the defense." This hasn't been true since RW got his second contract, which coincides with " the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently."

I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense

The offense needs to step up . Anything that helps make this happen sooner rather than later i'm all for. Even if it starts with Kam pitching a little crap on twitter.
Twitter stuff means nothing to me ..
Kam may well be talking about the 3 qtrs of no offense we saw a lot of last year
I cannot say he is wrong for doing so.
As for the bolded above... :2thumbs:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":isnv1ybb said:
Sterlinghawk":isnv1ybb said:
Scorpion05":isnv1ybb said:
Sterlinghawk":isnv1ybb said:

Had Kam said,

I think the first thing to suffer when your QB becomes the highest paid player on your team is depth, which directly effects special teams. The Hawks are struggling with depth and special teams play now. The lions share of the money is no longer on the defense

Twitter stuff means nothing to me ..
Kam may well be talking about the 3 qtrs of no offense we saw a lot of last year
I cannot say he is wrong for doing so.
As for the bolded above... :2thumbs:

Regarding the bolded, one can formulate an opinion without resorting to lies and hyperbole. Even last year ~54% of the cap was spent on the defense, even more the year before. Interestingly, we won the Super Bowl when we were paying the offense more.

Reference: http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...y-that-has-shaped-the-seahawks-offensive-line

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":34g3tc6e said:
One side did not carry its weight.

I can see their frustration watching a QB squander scoring opportunities for 3 full quarters, playing pattycake with the other team while the defense wears it self down keeping the door shut.

The defense gave the offense short fields, turnovers and repeatedly made up for mistakes by the offense that gave the opposing offense short fields. They have a right to be upset when the same QB that does damn near nothing for 3 full quarters a game gets accolades for 'being a one man band'.

It was not just turnovers that allowed the defense to create opportunities for the offense.

The defense was always the reason the Seahawks were great. But the QB got the Alaska airlines commercials. Sure that is going to rub a lot of them the wrong way.

But, we don't know just how much of the incompetent offense was the fault of the QB or the OC. So hopefully the years of the defense constantly bailing out the offense are over. We don't have a good enough defense anymore anyway, so for once the offense will have to earn its keep.

I hope it can.

PS Kam is one of the creators of the LOB and a linchpin in the defense that got us to the SB. Wilson would not have sniffed a SB without him. Because of him, Browner, Sherman and Thomas along with Lynch - we have a SB win. So has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to. Especially when considering just how great our defense was and what that defense had to do to get us wins.

So many teams have won championships with a disparity. Patriots continue to dominate with the same disparity.

It’s football. And it’s nonsense to call it out in tweets or even fret about it as a player. Moreso.. it’s prety disingenuous of the defense to main about it when said disparity has solidified their value and made them lots of money.

Whole premise is naive

Status
Not open for further replies.