Kaep in Seattle- extended Beats commercial

muxpux

Reaction score
nsport":2xpadhgd said:
The commercial was updated... much better and to our liking!
[youtube]SiZtEMSwQmU[/youtube]

hahaha, nice. and starting at 1:40 right behind the fence logo is the generic "SEA" part of the sign, its an S, and not cut out letters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Happy":3vq0g10m said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.
So...We shouldn't feel insulted by this spoof that was way over the top, and was aimed at the Seattle Seahawks fans?.
That bullshit Commercial was viewed during the game, by the fans all over the U.S., and it implied that the Seahawks fans are/were a bunch of garbage throwing, screaming assholes, and that's an unacceptable portrayal.
The bozo's that dreamed up that commercial got the response they wanted.
Maybe we can have a documentary, showing how people were getting knifed down there by a bunch of screaming assholes wearing red and gold, and then shoot a commercial showing the paramedics using some Johnson & Johnson bandages, and see if anyone down there doesn't feel the least bit insulted.

The Outfield

Reaction score
scutterhawk":u7mb7oyu said:
Happy":u7mb7oyu said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.
So...We shouldn't feel insulted by this spoof that was way over the top, and was aimed at the Seattle Seahawks fans?.
That bullshit Commercial was viewed during the game, by the fans all over the U.S., and it implied that the Seahawks fans are/were a bunch of garbage throwing, screaming assholes, and that's an unacceptable portrayal.
The bozo's that dreamed up that commercial got the response they wanted.
Maybe we can have a documentary, showing how people were getting knifed down there by a bunch of screaming assholes wearing red and gold, and then shoot a commercial showing the paramedics using some Johnson & Johnson bandages, and see if anyone down there doesn't feel the least bit insulted.

Well said.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2an9jmxm said:
So...We shouldn't feel insulted by this spoof that was way over the top, and was aimed at the ---------------------- fans?.
That bullshit Commercial was viewed during the game, by the fans all over the U.S., and it implied that the ---------- fans are/were a bunch of garbage throwing, screaming assholes, and that's an unacceptable portrayal.

- signed, fans of WHATEVER fill-in-the-blank team that commercial picked for their haters.

No matter who it was, some fan base was gonna feel pissed off and targeted specifically for insult. Beats knew quite well when they decided on that kind of commercial that they'd be killing their sales in one city in favor of another, so I hope you guys don't think that Seahawks fans boycotting Beats is an amazingly clever and epic response that has the Beats executives staring in horror at their computers going "Ohhhhh...gee, we didn't think of that." Trust me, they did.

You could argue about the logic of writing such a commercial in the first place, though. I do think it was douchy, because it was inevitably going to tick off someone. Probably kinda made business sense for it to be Seattle, actually, because of all the criticism Kaepernick's play is getting in the media this season.

nsport

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1rb0s16m said:
No matter who it was, some fan base was gonna feel pissed off and targeted specifically for insult. Beats knew quite well when they decided on that kind of commercial that they'd be killing their sales in one city in favor of another, so I hope you guys don't think that Seahawks fans boycotting Beats is an amazingly clever and epic response that has the Beats executives staring in horror at their computers going "Ohhhhh...gee, we didn't think of that." Trust me, they did.

You could argue about the logic of writing such a commercial in the first place, though. I do think it was douchy, because it was inevitably going to tick off someone. Probably kinda made business sense for it to be Seattle, actually, because of all the criticism Kaepernick's play is getting in the media this season.

Regarding Beats' logic to authoring this commercial - they most likely went with an advertising firm to produce it - but ultimately it was their decision to go with the concept. Coming from a business person's point of view, it's definitely a risky endeavor to use the opposing teams colors and implications of being a shitty fan base. It's also pretty interesting that these athletes would accept the fact that opposing fans and critics are blatantly critical of them in such a setting (as a national commercial). Overall, I would simply say that Beats really dropped the ball - they could have spun this in the positive - for example: If (insert your favorite athlete) was prepping for a game and didn't want to hear all the chatter, wanted to focus, and wanted to be mentally prepared, he might choose Beats Noise-Cancelling headphones to accomplish that goal. It meets a couple objectives - gives the athlete a better persona, and also gives others an opportunity to understand some of the mental preparation and insight that goes into being a professional athlete. Overall - bad for Dre.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Veilside":2atqdsml said:
When I saw the commercial the thought didn't even cross my mind that this was supposed to be the 12th Man. Watching this longer version I guess I could see how they're trying to do that with the colors of the crowd but still....that's obviously not in Seattle and I'm just going to take it as a generic crowd like the team Eli Manning plays for in those Citizen watch commercials.

The skyline in the back looks similar to Seattle and its pouring down rain. Geez I wonder what city they're trying to emulate?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I actually really like the song played, The Man by Aloe Blacc, it's a really catchy tune.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Wish someone would pay me to dress in my Blue and Green, hang out shooting a commercial, and treat Kaep like last weeks trash.

Who wouldn't want to do this for a day and get a little petty cash on the side?

Besides, what other fan base could they use that would make as much sense as "Seattle".

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":158ofb87 said:
Wish someone would pay me to dress in my Blue and Green, hang out shooting a commercial, and treat Kaep like last weeks trash.

Who wouldn't want to do this for a day and get a little petty cash on the side?

Besides, what other fan base could they use that would make as much sense as "Seattle".

The symmetry in your signature is nice, so 14-2 then.

:179417: :D

253hawk

Reaction score
Beats are made by Monster Cable...the rip-off stuff that Best Buy tries to guilt-trip you into buying because the digital quality is 'better.' Go look up the comparable stuff on monoprice for a fraction of the cost. A few years ago, an audiophile had a blind sound test for some of his audiophile buddies -- top of the line Monster speaker wire vs. basic copper wire which is pretty much the same thing wire coat hangers are made from. They couldn't tell the difference. The jacketing and connectors may look better in some cases, but it doesn't affect the quality whatsoever. Digital is digital, you're either getting the fullsignal or you're not.

Another dumb thing...no phone or portable mp3 player is even remotely capable of driving those studio monitors sufficiently without an accompanying amp. In-ear buds are the way to go. I like Sennheiser and Klipsch stuff, personally. If you're going to pay a little extra for quality, at least you know you're getting it from them.

nsport

Reaction score
253hawk":1e6uc63l said:
Another dumb thing...no phone or portable mp3 player is even remotely capable of driving those studio monitors sufficiently without an accompanying amp. In-ear buds are the way to go. I like Sennheiser and Klipsch stuff, personally. If you're going to pay a little extra for quality, at least you know you're getting it from them.

To be fair (discussion for another forum!) most of these types of speakers are powered - so the signal coming to them (analog) is being caressed and amplified to the manufacturer's spec. Probably not "audiophile" - but definitely able to produce more base (Bose, Beats, Sony, etc.) - this whole controversial commercial got me looking for comparables that don't cost $300+, found a nice blog here: http://geeksterlabs.com/2013/05/18/four ... by-dr-dre/ - Be careful of the product links, they are tagged with this guy's Amazon advertising account - so if you do hit that link, come back to Seahawks.NET and click on the link at the top of the page again http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&t ... ive=390957

gulliver

Reaction score
Since this "pre-game" is clearly recent and in Seattle, the only thing missing from the ad is whether Kaep's "BEATS" headphones helped him throw 3 picks and lose 29-3 this year, or if it was the one last year where he threw 1 pick and lost 42-13.

BEATS don't seem so great when you factor this in.

rjas77

Reaction score
We should do one for Lynch and pretend that someone get's knifed in the crowd.gre

drrew

Reaction score
Don't really care about the commercial, but the song is fantastic....Aloe Blacc - The Man

It's what I'd imagine Russell listening to as he wanders the field prior to warm-ups.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I would love to see a edited version, cut out the majority of the Pseudo Seahawk fans, instead show clips of Krapernick crapping all over the field in our blowouts of the Niners, and then end with his presser after the last @ Seattle game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2elcz1o1 said:
I would love to see a edited version, cut out the majority of the Pseudo Seahawk fans, instead show clips of Krapernick crapping all over the field in our blowouts of the Niners, and then end with his presser after the last @ Seattle game.

Exactly... just a few images of the real Kaeperstank. He was shaky with his own crowd, in Seattle he is a glob of spreadable chicken meat. Except the can of chicken meat could probably find his second read and is man enough to meet Wilson after the game instead of running off the field like a 1st grader that just crapped his pants.

Nearpost

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":37nzprlj said:
[youtube]4Ttsx5squWg[/youtube]

I can only laugh at the ridiculousness of how we're portrayed

Ha ha.Anyone recognize the fella on the right just above "sophomore"?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Ok Seriously...how is no one up in arms about the fellow in the afro? Unless he's Rory Breaker, or hocking Soul Glo, that is just cruel and unusual punishment!

Latest posts