Kaep in Seattle- extended Beats commercial

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The Outfield":1tl2rqmx said:
Happy":1tl2rqmx said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.

When the guy throws a cooler at the bus' window, I call it portraying fans as being savages.

so you seriously think the point of the commercial is to say that Seattle fans are more rabid than other fan bases....? :roll:

The Outfield

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":33qwn9ii said:
The Outfield":33qwn9ii said:
Happy":33qwn9ii said:
you guys gotta learn not to take stuff so personally!

It's not about seahawks fans being savages. The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter. I think it's a great message, though obviously exaggerated for dramatic impact.

When the guy throws a cooler at the bus' window, I call it portraying fans as being savages.

so you seriously think the point of the commercial is to say that Seattle fans are more rabid than other fan bases....? :roll:

Of course that's not the point of the commercial. But it severely hints at it.

CaptBennett

Reaction score
Maybe he should start wearing them during the game to see if they really are "noise cancelling". Also, why do people actually believe this stuff? I read comments on Youtube and Facebook and people are sucking up to this BS. I guess people are really gullible now days.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The most ironic part of the commercial is that Kaepernick favorites the haters on twitter.

djb28

Reaction score
LMAO. Love the guy pissing! It is just a commercial! The headphones sound nice! lol
Funny how some react and some don't care.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Beat headphones suck!
If you want a pair of great headphones, get some V-Moda Crossfades.
You'll never look back.

chrispy

Reaction score
Two things occurred to me after seeing that commercial:
1)Kaep is focused on the end of that tunnel like it's his first receiver.
2)Wilson could never be in a commercial like this because even his rivals love him.

Sure, the commercial depicts Seahawks fans in a terrible, and untrue, manner. However, if we were to think back not too long ago, would we all trade the situation where we had a mediocre team that no one cared about for where we are today?

It's just like celebrities wanting the fame and fortune but disliking the attention. The Seahawks are relevant now and because of it, they're a target. ... and the 12th man along with them. So choose your poison: King of the Mountain that everyone wants to knock off, or irrelevant and no one cares. No one's making commercials depicting the Jags or Texans or Bucs fans this way or any way.

Largent80

Reaction score
Happy":3kjj12l3 said:
The message is about tuning out the haters in life and focusing yourself on the things that matter.

In this case making Dr. Dre more money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Beats has our fans mistaken for Philly or Oakland.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":389f3xqt said:
Beat headphones suck!
You'll never look back.

Amen. Beats headphones are a waste of money. Don't know about the V-Moda but I like Audio-Technica, the Sony Studio Monitor series and of course Grado.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
BocciHawk":25pj2pj0 said:
Wartooth":25pj2pj0 said:
Beat headphones suck!
You'll never look back.

Amen. Beats headphones are a waste of money. Don't know about the V-Moda but I like Audio-Technica, the Sony Studio Monitor series and of course Grado.

I am not the audiophile, but my good friend is and he mentioned that there are way better headphones than beats for way cheaper.

The commercial is dumb, and I don't find it clever.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a fan, despite the message they were trying to portray. It's pretty obvious it's supposed to be Seattle (rain, cloudy) and Seahawk fans (blue and green all over). like others have said the sheer violence of the "fans" in this advertisement is uncalled for. Maybe have them booing and yelling, but straight up throwing stuff, shaking guard rails...really? To make it more piss poor, it's not like CK has ever played well in Seattle.

Last, but not least. Beats (and Bose) are like the most overpriced garbage in the audio industry. Not saying the sound isn't better than what most people are used to, but paying $300 for a B on the side of your headphones when you can get the same sound (and often times better) from a lesser-known brand at only like 1/3rd of the cost. Yeah Beats = Garbage. Bose too (other than the noise-cancelling phones, those are actually legit).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
HawkMeat":13qhgxux said:
BocciHawk":13qhgxux said:
Wartooth":13qhgxux said:
Beat headphones suck!
You'll never look back.

I am not the audiophile, but my good friend is and he mentioned that there are way better headphones than beats for way cheaper.

The commercial is dumb, and I don't find it clever.

Yup. V-Moda Crossfade LPs, only like $70. Looks snazzy and not as overdone as Beats. Sound is much, much cleaner. I will say not quite as comfortable, but definitely more sturdy. I have a pair of $20 monoprice headphones that actually sound better than the Beats (but don't look nearly as "hip").

nsport

Reaction score
The commercial was updated... much better and to our liking!
[youtube]SiZtEMSwQmU[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
I was having a hard time discarding my black leather jacket. I thank Colon Kaepernick for making the decision much, much easier.

Latest posts