Kaep in Seattle- extended Beats commercial

Throwdown

Reaction score
ratso":21xl9k68 said:
There's a line and tune in "The Man" by Aloe Blacc that's a dead ringer for a line and tune in "Your Song" by Elton John. Blacc might have received permission or he flat out ripped it off. Just thought it was interesting.

The line is "you can tell everybody"

Start at the 1 minute mark.

[youtube]mXuUtEDp_Mo[/youtube]

I don't think he had to receive permission or split royalties with Elton John for a for word lyric that he took and did his own thing with, he might've out of respect or whatever, but is that a must? But the way he sang it sounds like he used it Where the hell is Zeb?

Kaiser

Reaction score
the extended-extended version has him running for the locker room as time expires and pouting his way back to that bus.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
strohmin":2jnou99j said:
Next time that little bitch makes it up here. I hope a bunch of us do exactly that and then see whether he still thinks those beats are awesome.

Way to counteract the negative stereotype of the commercial, man! :D

AbsolutNET":2jnou99j said:
the funny thing is, compared to to the way people talk about Kaep on this forum, that commercial is downright tame.

:lol:

This. And of course the exact same thing would be true if it was Wilson and 9ers fans in the commercial and 9ers fans were complaining about it.

The Outfield":2jnou99j said:
therealjohncarlson":2jnou99j said:
so you seriously think the point of the commercial is to say that Seattle fans are more rabid than other fan bases....? :roll:

Of course that's not the point of the commercial. But it severely hints at it.

The point of the commercial is to sell noise cancelling headphones, not to say anything at all about the Seahawks. If the spokesman was Vick they would have all been Giants fans. If the spokesman was RGIII they would have all been Eagles fans. If the spokesman was Wilson they would have all been 9ers fans. It doesn't hint at anything beyond the fact that rivalries exist and that a company wanted to use a spokesman to sell noise cancelling head phones.

hawk45":2jnou99j said:
It won't ruin my day but it's an insulting commercial, it just is.
Memo to athletes: you don't prove you are tuning out the haters by designing or appearing a commercial in which you are saying "na na na na na, I can't hear you, I have my fingers in my ears." Only a high-school age kid would believe that they were sending a strong message to haters with that. An adult would understand that if you're attempting to convey that you're unconcerned with someone, specifically using your position in the media to address that someone directly undercuts the message.

This is like saying that Wilson sends the message that he's too small and fragile because he filmed an insurance commercial, and if he was an adult he would realize that, or Wilson is secretly a 9ers homer because he's a spokesman for Levi's which is a San Francisco company that has the naming rights for the 9ers new stadium and if he was an adult he would realize that he's selling out his fanbase be advertising for Levis. Both of these would be dumb things to say, because they are commercials and people in commercials don't write commercials, nor do they much give a crud about the commercial beyond the paycheck, nor should they. Pretending as if it's Kaepernick trying to send a message about his petulant, childish thoughts about haters and not Monster trying to send a message about how great their noise cancelling headphones are is just opportunistic and silly, IMO.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In order for this ad to reflect real life, it would actually be a press conference with Frisco reporters where Kaep would have his headphones.

Then the reporters could ask him nice questions about last weeks game, or the one coming up. He could then put on his beats, not hear them anymore, mumble some unintelligable shit he heard Harbie say once, fade to black...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1gfsmh1k said:
In order for this ad to reflect real life, it would actually be a press conference with Frisco reporters where Kaep would have his headphones.

Then the reporters could ask him nice questions about last weeks game, or the one coming up. He could then put on his beats, not hear them anymore, mumble some unintelligable shit he heard Harbie say once, fade to black...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(honestly laughed out loud at this)

A little off-topic, but Kaep DID treat the press conference after the game as an extension of the advertisement. IIRC you're not allowed to wear the brand name logos of your endorsements in pressers, but damn if he wasn't wearing the exact same shirt, leather jacket, and headphones around his neck from the commercial in the press conference, which OBVIOUSLY isn't a coincidence.

See here: http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Kaepe ... 6f2e00dd6e

I honestly couldnt' care less one way or the other about stuff like this, but I'm guessing the NFL might crack down on it, and in the least it gives Hawks fans who are so inclined another incredibly thin reasons to absolutely despise him. :lol:

253hawk

Reaction score
If it wasn't for our hate, he couldn't favorite it on twitter and use it as motivation to become a better player.

You're welcome.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Heck...as a poster said above...it is a commercial. Both quarterbacks are marketing themselves. Both probably ended up shooting the commercials in blue screen so they dont even know what was up behind the scenes until the shoot was over. Then they can see what the product was and deal with it. Immaterial...all immaterial. :p

kinesmajor

Reaction score
While the portrayal is inaccurate this is how outsiders view us 12's.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kinesmajor":1fvb2tot said:
While the portrayal is inaccurate this is how outsiders view us 12's.

Nah, not really, IMO. Eagles fans and Raiders fans are really the only one's that get painted by this brush pretty regularly by any fans beyond fans of their rivals, IMO. FWIW I don't even think 9ers fan really paint Hawks fans with this brush, although I don't think that's true in reverse (which TBH I understand and don't really care about, save for the rare instances in which the talk takes on some --intended or unintended, I dunno -- racial undertones).

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I live in la now and yes this is how the fans in Seattle are thought of. Sorry but it is true. I defend the 12s till I'm blue in the face, but needing undercover cops to protect opposing teams fans etc paint a bad light. I know that it's a small percentage that get out of control, but people outside of the fan base only have to go on what is reported on the news and interwebs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kinesmajor":2wnlp1zq said:
I defend the 12s till I'm blue in the face, but needing undercover cops to protect opposing teams fans etc paint a bad light.

That happens everywhere, though. Last weekend in the stadium parking lot some idiot 9ers fan tried to start a fight with an undercover SFPD officer in a Hawks jersey, man. :lol:

Guardian

Reaction score
Beats: For when you don't know anything about audio hardware and pay extra for the brand name. (ding!)

HansGruber

Reaction score
Popeyejones":24z0da5o said:
I honestly couldnt' care less one way or the other about stuff like this, but I'm guessing the NFL might crack down on it, and in the least it gives Hawks fans who are so inclined another incredibly thin reasons to absolutely despise him. :lol:

Meanwhile, the Kaepernick hate thread on webzone reaches page 4,852...

Why would we hate Kaepernick? The guy sucks against us. Just terrible. Laughably bad. We don't take him seriously, which is the first requirement of hating something or someone. Most of us just think he's a massive douche, for walking off the field before the game was over, the way he treats the media, etc. That's not hate though, it's mockery. Big big difference.

hoxrox

Reaction score
This is good marketing. People that didn't know about Beats headphones before now know about it.

I'm a Bose person myself. Quality is much better.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
To be fair, if they had made the exact same commercial with Russell Wilson and made the crowd resemble Niner fans, I would love it. So, I don't want to be hypocritical. Let's just be glad that our fan base is relevant enough to be depicted as Kaep's worst nightmare.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ratso":3vsjrhha said:
There's a line and tune in "The Man" by Aloe Blacc that's a dead ringer for a line and tune in "Your Song" by Elton John. Blacc might have received permission or he flat out ripped it off. Just thought it was interesting.

The line is "you can tell everybody"

Start at the 1 minute mark.

[youtube]mXuUtEDp_Mo[/youtube]

When I heard the song for the first time, I thought it was a remake of "Your Song". It's a complete ripoff.

Largent80

Reaction score
Someone should do a zombie apocalypse version using Papaki and nothing but zombies that actually eat his pea brain.