Just TANK

WarHawks

Reaction score
I was looking at the top five qb's projected to be available in 2023, and there are indeed some prototypical, prime specimens to ponder that should be available in the top ten picks. Stroud, Young, Rattler, et al. Don't forget, we only got Russ in the 3rd round because he was short. If he was 6' or above, he'd have been a top two or three pick most likely, if not #1. That's pure supposition of course, but it is unlikely we will get a player of that caliber unless we trade up. That said, there are enough available that we don't have to tank to get a [potentially great] qb. We have 52 weeks to see how it all shakes out. Should be a lot of fun.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
So how does one go about tanking in the NFL.

Please enlighten us with your plan for tanking week in and week out. Do you do it all obvious like and just cut Lock and Geno so you have no choice but to start Jacob Eason for 17 weeks?

Or do yo do it sneaky and just call all the same run plays over and over.

That's what Pete does anyway, so no one would be the wiser.
You only carry Lock and Geno on your roster. Pretty effective tank job right there.

hawker84

Reaction score
We don't need to tank. With Gino or Drew at the helm and Carroll's terribke clock management and inability to in game adjust, we're going to be losing plenty as it is...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't care what the Seahawks do this year, as long as I see progression in some of our players and see an upward trend. Think 2010 where you could see that despite the 7 wins, the team was trending upwards.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Isn't that exactly what they're doing by not getting a QB?
No. They are not intentionally losing by not getting a QB in a garbage draft for QB's. I don't think you understand the gravity of what you suggested.

What you suggested, is cheating and against the rules of the game, and completely lacks any integrity at all.

I get that you wanted a QB in the draft. You posted enough threads about it. But suggesting your team cheats as a result of them not doing so is braindead stupid.

F sakes, is right.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Players do not develop right in organizational cultures who embrace losing.

Also, just ask the Browns or Dolphins how tanking for QBs worked out. I recall Tua being touted as the next hall of famer to come out of college.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Losing is something only TV fans and draftniks ever want. The game is too violent for players to want to put themselves in harm's way just to lose. Coaches jobs depend on winning. Stadium fans pay good prices to attend games.

Tanking is a really dumb idea for these reasons alone.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Losing is something only TV fans and draftniks ever want. The game is too violent for players to want to put themselves in harm's way just to lose. Coaches jobs depend on winning. Stadium fans pay good prices to attend games.

Tanking is a really dumb idea for these reasons alone.

Not to mention these are ultimately people. The autistic sports fans who think winning is about getting more or higher draft picks while failing to see how its ultimately a game involving people, and if you take winning out of the equation all together, the players will not react positively to real world conditions of the organization.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Let's look at some campaigns to tank.

Suck for Luck. Would you consider Luck to be an exceptional QB? He was an exceptional talent but he was always injured and wasn't really a produced in the playoffs.

Whatever the Jags did. How is Trevor doing?

The problem with tanking is you need to know the guy to tank FOR.

The Chargers got lucky with Herbert. Burrows was certainly worth tanking for.

But what if it was 2019 and you were tanking for Murray or Jones? Then what? Ask the Giants.

Or even the Cards....

Worse, you could be 2018 and tanking for Baker Effing Mayfield or Sam Darnold. Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be to tank for Darnold?
Tanking for QBs requires you to not only endure the tank but win a 1 in 3 spin of the wheel.

And even some 'success' stories just give you Luck, Cam, and Trevor.

This is one reason you be damned sure before you jettison your HOF QB.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Actively choosing to lose is pathetic IMO.
Word. A meteor could hit this motherfucker before the next season's draft occurs, and all the fans, especially the STHs just suffered thru a season of wack ass football and L's, all for the sake of trying to get a high enough pick to try and draft the next Mahomes or Allen, only to end up with a Manziel type of mfer. Nah, go out there and ball out to the best of your abilities and let the chips fall where they fall.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Generally I'd agree but this team is going to lose no matter what. So you might as well lose a couple more times and get a better pick. Going 7-10 is pointless.
Yes losing on purpose really helps a culture out.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Not to mention these are ultimately people. The autistic sports fans who think winning is about getting more or higher draft picks while failing to see how its ultimately a game involving people, and if you take winning out of the equation all together, the players will not react positively to real world conditions of the organization.
Real talk.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
F That (tanking) I've only read one page of replies but it's enough to know that's not happening. I understand the importance of the draft, but that's really a crap shoot as well.
Come on fans, we're smarter than that.

Mix

Reaction score
TANK TANK TANK!

Then we can draft a QB top of the draft with a 50% success rate.

When that doesn't work out.

TANK TANK TANK!

Congrats you now run your franchise like the Browns, Lions, Commanders.

Latest posts